Summer cut plan

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So about 4 weeks from starting the summer blast for my cut.

bloods in a week so obviously dependant on those being good but no reason to think they won’t.

My winter bulk was way heavier on the orals than normal and although the results were good I want to take a healthier approach and stick to mainly injectable for this blast.

ive used all these compounds before and unfortunately do seem to require higher doses than I would like to obtain the same results, so whilst I’d call this a light ish blast I’m aware it’s still more gear than most would use. I’m also very side tolerant (even with tren)

plan is 8-10 weeks depending on how results are.

test cyp 400mg
Tren e 400mg
Mast e 400mg
Clen 2 weeks on 2 off, taper up to 160mcg a day
t3 on hand but won’t deploy till near the end and only if needed
Tesamorelin 2mg a day throughout

No pct as I blast and criise

I have proviron, tbol, sdrol and winny in my stash but the proviron is the only one I was contemplating using unless there’s a good reason for the others? My libido is always ridiculous anyway and on tren I would bang anything with half a pulse that looked in my direction so no need to add anything simply for that aspect.

I would have used hgh but have tesamorelin in my stash that needs using and it’s as good (plus expensive)

starting weight is 235 and target is 220. Broadly speaking I’m about the same body comp as last year and a 15lb loss brought me in exactly where I wanted, only difference this year is I’m starting about 9lbs heavier (so hoping that’s basically 9lbs lean mass heavier

Anything that would compliment that plan? Proviron worth including? Would an oral really bring enough benefit to warrant it given my desire to run something less harsh?

Will log it as I like the accountability on a cut

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think what you have as your goal is definitely achievable with those oilz, in combination with whatever dietary strategy that works best for you.

You seem clued in on your bodyweight-composition relationship so that's definitely helpful but, I would say having another means of measuring composition changes would also be beneficial than relying on the scales? Hell, even a tape measure of gut circumference would be a plus. Just something you can do as regularly as weighing.

I'm going to always be tempted to throw in orals during a cut, esp sdrol (or var if I could tolerate it). But it sounds like you're like me, fuk orals the cost:benefit is too out of whack re health markers.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think what you have as your goal is definitely achievable with those oilz, in combination with whatever dietary strategy that works best for you.

You seem clued in on your bodyweight-composition relationship so that's definitely helpful but, I would say having another means of measuring composition changes would also be beneficial than relying on the scales? Hell, even a tape measure of gut circumference would be a plus. Just something you can do as regularly as weighing.

I'm going to always be tempted to throw in orals during a cut, esp sdrol (or var if I could tolerate it). But it sounds like you're like me, fuk orals the cost:benefit is too out of whack re health markers.
Thanks for the input bro.

yeah I agree on the body comp measurements, I used to get dexa scans couple of times a year but with covid that’s not been an option (and even though they are open again I don’t travel for work anymore and the closest one is 3 hours away). Callipers don’t work due to the loose skin issues I have (well they give weird readings) but pictures tape measure will be deployed. Last summer the pictures were really useful in tracking progress tbh.

im still tempted by the orals and I do tolerate them well but with a good whack of tren and mast I really shouldn’t ‘need’ them. I’ve used var a few times and tbh just don’t seem to respond well to it (first time I wondered if bunk but last two times been from my really good ugl, the DHT’s just don’t seem to do as much for me as the 19nors 🤷)

but yeah health is ultimately a key factor for me now. I don’t have the baseline genetics to get to anything near what people in fitness would call a great physique (and I’m cool with that). I think I can look like it lift and my lists are way average average gym rat level which I like but I think it’s smarter for me to just tweak the emphasis onto healthier (relative term) blasts.........

Reactions: Nac
Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally for a cut I think the oils you have are plenty to minimize muscle loss. however you can always throw in an oral towards the end for some extra eye candy physique wise and extra strength in gym if needed. If you feel you are stuck in the same spot progress wise. Otherwise I would just stick with the oils and save the orals for later.

I also want to ask you something, I also am very side effect tolerant with all AAS I’ve taken including tren. But I also find myself to respond mildly to the benefits of the drugs. Do find you experience that as well, you tolerate them great but don’t hyper respond to the effects?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally for a cut I think the oils you have are plenty to minimize muscle loss. however you can always throw in an oral towards the end for some extra eye candy physique wise and extra strength in gym if needed. If you feel you are stuck in the same spot progress wise. Otherwise I would just stick with the oils and save the orals for later.

I also want to ask you something, I also am very side effect tolerant with all AAS I’ve taken including tren. But I also find myself to respond mildly to the benefits of the drugs. Do find you experience that as well, you tolerate them great but don’t hyper respond to the effects?
yep, exactly that situation.

I will advise anyone to use the lowest effective dose of anything (for health reasons) but I’ve tried that and results were underwhelming. Last blast I ran by far my heaviest doses (total was approx 2g androgens at start and 2.5g by end a week) and got the best results I’ve had (but those results were what you would commonly expect someone to achieve of 1g androgens a week)

i was the same with alcohol and recreational drugs when I was younger 🤷

it’s annoying as it costs more and I’ve no doubt it probably is more damaging to the body but I supplement like a MF to try and offset the negatives

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yep, exactly that situation.

I will advise anyone to use the lowest effective dose of anything (for health reasons) but I’ve tried that and results were underwhelming. Last blast I ran by far my heaviest doses (total was approx 2g androgens at start and 2.5g by end a week) and got the best results I’ve had (but those results were what you would commonly expect someone to achieve of 1g androgens a week)

i was the same with alcohol and recreational drugs when I was younger 🤷

it’s annoying as it costs more and I’ve no doubt it probably is more damaging to the body but I supplement like a MF to try and offset the negatives
Glad I’m not the only one.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did you guys see the Nick Walker progress pic that's currently doing the rounds on social media? It is the most blatant example of an individual's genetic potential as a hyper-responder to drugs. So yeah whilst we can wax lyrical about guys who train hard as fuk and diet diligently...there is obviously, without a shadow of a doubt, a genetic component as far as favourable drug response.

Its comical, cos lots of people think the fundamental difference between a hobbyist, or even a physique competitor, and an open class IFBB pro is all the gear the latter is taking. It's not. Its genetic response to drugs.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As the token natty of the board id love to see you talk a little about your diet and training as well. It would just be interesting to see how that changes.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Did you guys see the Nick Walker progress pic that's currently doing the rounds on social media? It is the most blatant example of an individual's genetic potential as a hyper-responder to drugs. So yeah whilst we can wax lyrical about guys who train hard as fuk and diet diligently...there is obviously, without a shadow of a doubt, a genetic component as far as favourable drug response.

Its comical, cos lots of people think the fundamental difference between a hobbyist, or even a physique competitor, and an open class IFBB pro is all the gear the latter is taking. It's not. Its genetic response to drugs.
MPMD just did a podcast on exactly that (using that example). Some guys have great baseline genetics but their response to gear isn’t that great and that stops them being able to compete with the big boys whereas others just explode.

Generally peoples perception of what gear does is so warped. Honestly for me I’ve always said that gear really just gives me the results that my effort in the kitchen and gym would warrant naturally 😂

Reactions: Nac
Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As the token natty of the board id love to see you talk a little about your diet and training as well. It would just be interesting to see how that changes.
sure bro.

diet and training has evolved over the years for me (especially training).

diet focuses on minimising processed foods and I’m a higher protein guy (just seem to respond best to 300g a day or more).

at the moment (maintaining following a bulk) a typically day would be:

- oats, dried fruit, protein powder, almond milk

- eggs plus smoked salmon or sausage/bacon, spinach/avocado/asparagus and rye toast

- chicken, salad, potato or fish with air fried chips and peas or steak and rice or a prawn noodle dish (even meal is massively varied but basically always home made with a decent protein and carb source)

- Greek yogurt with berries, honey, dark chocolate and almonds

- snacks include nuts, protein bars, lentil chips, hummus, banana bread and peanut butter.

I home make pizza once a week (I make the bread we eat as well) but Cals stay within rough maintenance levels.

currently averaging 3,500 Cals a day and weight is nice and static. I normally cut no lower than 2,750 (I work down to that number over the course of the cut) and initially I’ll increase cardio to create the deficit

I’ll also typically take calories I do cut from carbs, I’m not a big ‘no carbs’ guy but I just find it easier to reduce them than protein or fat and it gives me the best results (I’m still never below 150g a day carbs though). Meal format tends to stay the same, I just reduce the portion size or remove the carb portion on a meal etc, snacks decrease

training wise, not a massive amount changes in my main lifts, I train powerlifter style so normal session (regardless of bulk or cut) will be

Main lift - 3-5 sets for 3-6 reps working weight
Secondary lift - 3-4 sets for 3-4 reps at a lower percentage
Assistance to main lift - 3-4 sets at 8-10 reps
Isolation/bodybuilding exercises, if I have time.

Mobility work is done before I lift

I typically run 5k 3 times a week, when coming into peak bulking I cut that down to 1 time a week or not at all, during the cut than increases to 5x a week and the distance increases so some runs are up to 10km

I also introduce more HIIT type stuff during as well, both in the form of a finisher to my main session and as a couple of 45 min standalone sessions a week.

at all times I walk 15,000 steps a day

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thank you for the detailed answere. Thats the kinda stuff I love to read.
Hope your cut goes great for you!