Suggested Readings/Resources for Noobs

tarnationify

Awards
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking on these forums as well as other AAS related sites for a while now. I am seriously considering starting my first cycle sometime in the next two months, and I was hoping I could get some guidance/advice from some of the more knowledgeable users on this site. What are some sites/readings/videos/etc. you recommend I read to best prepare myself for what I am thinking about doing? I want to learn as much as I can about the entire process (different beginner cycles, AI's, PCT, not getting ripped off from shady sellers, etc.)

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!

Some background info on me:

- 22 years old
- Lifting for 2-3 years (2 years seriously) but haven't gotten the results I want despite having my diet/training on point
- Got my testosterone levels checked today in suspicion of low t levels preventing me from achieving my desired results but the results won't be available until early next week
- I am not looking to compete in bodybuilding/power lifting/physique shows

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Lifting for 2-3 years (2 years seriously) but haven't gotten the results I want despite having my diet/training on point
This is a HUGE red flag... the first question that comes to mind is: What results were you expecting (and what have you actually seen)?

secondary; How can you say your diet/training are on point if they're clearly not giving you the desired results? (assuming your expectations are reasonably realistic)

To me, either your expectations are unrealistic, or you simply have NOT found the right diet/training that fits you, your body, and your goals.

AAS will only amplify the results of what you're already doing. If what you're doing isn't working, thats like multiplying by 0... not gonna do much. AAS is not magic. It simply makes good, better and great, amazing.

tarnationify

Awards
This is a HUGE red flag... the first question that comes to mind is: What results were you expecting (and what have you actually seen)?
Well, I've been tracking my macros and following well-structured hypertrophy based training programs for two years now. My friends and family members who haven't trained or followed their diets as consistently as me have made considerably more muscle gains than me. I was expecting to have gained a lot more muscle than I currently have. I am 6'0 right now weighing 164 (cutting atm, so I am probably water depleted), and I would say that my bodyfat is around 14-16%.

secondary; How can you say your diet/training are on point if they're clearly not giving you the desired results? (assuming your expectations are reasonably realistic)
As cliche and naive as this may sound, I think that my genetics are to blame. Like I mentioned earlier, I track macros/follow well structured training programs/sleep well/supplement/etc. but I still cannot achieve my goals. Don't get me wrong, I have definitely seen some muscle gain but it is not as fast as what some other people (who are natural) are experiencing. As I said in the OP, I got my testosterone levels checked for this very reason, and I'm expecting my results to come in sometime early next week.

It simply makes good, better and great, amazing.
My hope is that AAS will do exactly this: allow my average genetics to produce above average results.