Strongman training in comercial gym

Deathclaw

Awards
Can anyone recommend any lifts I could do in my regular comercial gym to help carry over to strongman lifts? I know obviously deadlifts and squats, power cleans. farmers walks with the heaviest dumbells and ohp I figured I could get some of them fat gripz to emulate a thick bar.....but is there anything else?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Incline presses have good carryover to overhead strength. That's all I've got for now. Anything where you're moving with weights will help. Host a kegger and keep the keg and you can use it at home for carries, presses and loads!

Tymba

Tymba

Awards
Powerhouse by me, the corner is dedicated to power/strong !

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
deadlifts, overhead pressing, squats, loaded carries, zercher squats.

one of the guys i train with is going to the arnold and won the NSA heavyweight nationals last year. he spends days during the week doing coan/phillipi for his dead, and 5/3/1 for his squat and pressing. sundays he does strongman training and that is just for skill work mostly. even if he would drop sunday he would still do 755 dead, 600+squat, and 455 bench with a near 300lbs strict overhead.

Doomzday

Doomzday

Awards
hangs on a pullup bar with weight

Underated grip exercise

Chalk Talk

Awards
So hitting some zercher squats is always good. I also would add in some zydrunas press. When doing incline press try pausing on the chest to work on the rack position of overhead and explosion off chest. Fat gripz are a great investment when training at a commercial gym. Really work on grip/forearm training as well.