Strong Supplement Shop prices vs. brands own store

Harry_Connick

Awards
I usually like to order products from the manufacturers site directly because there is too much “Tom foolery” going on when it comes to supplements. But I see strong supplement shop seems to have the products I’m currently looking for for like $10 less each on their site. I see and hear so much good stuff about them on here that I’m not really too worried about bunk products. But if it were a lesser known site that would really make me wary of buying from them. Anyone else ever wonder about this/find it slightly peculiar?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I usually like to order products from the manufacturers site directly because there is too much “Tom foolery” going on when it comes to supplements. But I see strong supplement shop seems to have the products I’m currently looking for for like $10 less each on their site. I see and hear so much good stuff about them on here that I’m not really too worried about bunk products. But if it were a lesser known site that would really make me wary of buying from them. Anyone else ever wonder about this/find it slightly peculiar?
Over the years I have noticed that the manufacturer's website is always more expensive than the big online stores that carry there products.

To play it safe just don't use the little lesser known websites/companies.

Find one of the major well known online shops and look up customer reviews.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Most retailer will not handle a product line that they have to compete with, so most manufactures will only sell there products at "List Price" and the retail store will have a better deal. Find a retailer you feel comfortable with (Strong is a Great One) and do your shopping there.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I own a supplement company and I can tell you this. We have MSRPs with brands that we must abide by.

We also purchase in bulk to get better deals on pricing. Some brands I deal with have massive minimums and others do not.

And we have to make a profit but also be competitive.

I don't think people realize how expensive it can be to run a supp company. Lets say you have 100 products. Well you have to buy sometimes say 20 units of one item to get a deal on price. Multiply that by hundreds of products offered.

Were talking tens of thousands of dollars invested. Then you have to sit on products until they sell.

Manufacturers say someone like Blackstone labs for instance (chose the name at random). They are paying way way less to make those products then anyone knows and they sell to stores, customers, distributors. You name it. But they too have to put huge chunks of money up front for manufacturing, etc.

That's why those guys are driving Lamborghinis.

Small time retailers on the other hand, make a very average living. Or even small time brands. Theyre constantly re-investing money to stock items.

Strong is a bigger one and reputable so I'm sure they do pretty well financially.