Stretching - self, assisted and Extreme(weighted)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have, most people who have done DC or Dogg Crap training have done a lot of those. They definitely work well, basically the way they do them is intended to not only stretch the fascia but also give the muscle a bit of an occlusion effect during the stretch. Definitely good stuff. There was some stuff back about 20 years ago that also went into this. It was called Spyder Stretching or something like that. Basically with that you did a set to almost failure then went directly into the weighted stretches with the weight you used for the set... WHOO!!! That was a beast too!

I definitely like the whole Fortitude Training set up. Just not easy to do in a commercial gym unless you go during major off hours.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have, most people who have done DC or Dogg Crap training have done a lot of those. They definitely work well, basically the way they do them is intended to not only stretch the fascia but also give the muscle a bit of an occlusion effect during the stretch. Definitely good stuff. There was some stuff back about 20 years ago that also went into this. It was called Spyder Stretching or something like that. Basically with that you did a set to almost failure then went directly into the weighted stretches with the weight you used for the set... WHOO!!! That was a beast too!

I definitely like the whole Fortitude Training set up. Just not easy to do in a commercial gym unless you go during major off hours.
I agree 100% training dc and fortitude. Fortitude is very hard to do in most gyms. I would have to wait until after hours when I did. Thing is it is an awesome training system.

My favorite stretches were the tricep, chest and lay stretches. The ones I hated the most( but are effective as hell) are the quad and ham stretches.

Calf stretches is great, I still do a lot of this via mountaindog training

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I agree 100% training dc and fortitude. Fortitude is very hard to do in most gyms. I would have to wait until after hours when I did. Thing is it is an awesome training system.

My favorite stretches were the tricep, chest and lay stretches. The ones I hated the most( but are effective as hell) are the quad and ham stretches.

Calf stretches is great, I still do a lot of this via mountaindog training
I would have to agree on all counts. I still use some things from Fortitude in my training I just love the style. I also broke it down a bit differently to make it a little more gym freindly, but I really enjoy doing the fortitude training at home when I have full access to my garage gym. Right now I have a lot of renovations going on so my garage has a lot of construction materials packed into it. Now I am having to deal with crazy busy gym so a lot of times lately it is just several straight sets of a compound movement and if I focus on pump ranges then I will do some stretches following that too.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would have to agree on all counts. I still use some things from Fortitude in my training I just love the style. I also broke it down a bit differently to make it a little more gym freindly, but I really enjoy doing the fortitude training at home when I have full access to my garage gym. Right now I have a lot of renovations going on so my garage has a lot of construction materials packed into it. Now I am having to deal with crazy busy gym so a lot of times lately it is just several straight sets of a compound movement and if I focus on pump ranges then I will do some stretches following that too.
I hear you. I would sometimes do a load set for the compound movement, then wait and do another, then move onto the isolation or vise versa for my load days. I really like the idea of full body three times a week, and cardio on off days, it really did a lot for me. Also the cluster sets are really good and those are easy enough to do in a commercial gym. Fortitude was nice too because it was so detailed so I felt like with dc there was a lot of questions I had and I really had to dig and ask others about, but fortitude laid it out clearly. I also really like the pump sets combined with weighted stretches, it’s a nasty combo!

Juggernaut AM

Juggernaut AM

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just be careful not to overstretch. What you actually do as you get older is increase mobility within the joint, which you don't want to do. The more you stretch, the more ligaments actually relax and allow more movement within the joints.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah man any type of stretch with over head gets a brutal burn/pump

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ever try weighted lat hangs?
I have not but I do let the machine stretch me out like that sometimes and the burn gets intense. But it feels so good after.

Lat hangs like at the end of a set or just sets of hangs?

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is it about fortitude training that makes it hard to do in the gym?

You have me going down the Dogg crap rabbit whole of research and I am considering new training. I love meadows style but I can’t dish out the money at this time for gamma bomb(which was recommended to try). It is like 200 bucks. Not complaining about price, I just don’t have it at the moment.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is it about fortitude training that makes it hard to do in the gym?

You have me going down the Dogg crap rabbit whole of research and I am considering new training. I love meadows style but I can’t dish out the money at this time for gamma bomb(which was recommended to try). It is like 200 bucks. Not complaining about price, I just don’t have it at the moment.

@EMPIREMIND

Last edited: