Strenght program for beginner

Lord_Of_Iron

Lord_Of_Iron

Awards
Hey. Look I'm in gym 1year (with some pauses) but I'm new in Strenght Training. I still want to build a bodybuilder's body but I want to train little bit Strenght training because I'm feeling that im Low strenght and I want to get more strenght but I don't know what to do.. Which program is best for beggining in strenght training?? I want to waste 2-3 months for strenght training and after that Im back into classic bodybuilding. Look my gym don't have PowerLiftin equipment (ex. BoxSquat, Chains etc.). I need something like 5x5 easy to follow and effective for gaining strenght. Give me your advises about this, Thanks.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as training programs, I recommend searching the training forums since they have every conceivable program being used. Starting Strength is a good one to start with. Wendlers 5/3/1, Stronglifts 5x5 so many to list. Good and safe lifting OP! Cheers.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
. Look my gym don't have PowerLiftin equipment (ex. BoxSquat, Chains etc.). I need something like 5x5 easy to follow and effective for gaining strenght. Give me your advises about this, Thanks.
Because you do not need that stuff specifically and is for more advanced guys with a certain purpose anyway.
Any trainee, by using say a 5x5 with the 5-7 big compound exercises, concentrating on the largest muscle groups, while adding weight to the bar when possible and over time, can attain pretty much 80%-90% of their overall strength/mass potential.
Doing singles (and risking injury from inexperience, not enough time strengthening tendons and ligaments and unperfected form) is not necessary, if you are just interested in being a great deal stronger and larger. 5x5's will give good carryover to power and strength.

Don't overthink this stuff and don't believe it is about having or not having equipment. It is about focus, determination and hard work on a handful of big exercises while eating and resting right, to reach higher levels of strength, power and mass.