Strange sides

BlueberyJones

Awards
So I’ve been pinning about two weeks and my first few went fine but this last pin I did Monday in my right quad is ridiculously sore and slightly swollen. Pretty much my entire leg above my knee is red? What would cause this?

Ase_james

Awards
Is this your first run? How are you doing it?

The gear im running has quite a bit of pip, not like the last vile i had. Some products have a lot of alcohol, and some products are just going to hurt, like eq ace vs long esters...

If its your first run, let us know your process and what exactly youre using. Could be needle size, location, substance or many other things.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're not used to pinning I think especially the quad can get extremly sore and cramps will appear at times. If it's red you might wanna see what's up, if it gets warm you should definitely go you he hospital to see that you dont have some infection but it's probably just the muscle being sore

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
At others mentioned, it could be a number of things. Definitely watch for infection. With an infection, you'll either have to drain it and or use antibiotics. Definitely best under medical care of that's the case. What you're describing has happened many times to me, and only once was it actually an infection. Is it a virgin muscle? How much volume did you shoot? How concentrated was the gear? Do you know the amount and types of solvents used in your gear? Turns out this happens to me when I use gear with high benzyl alcohol or benzyl benzonate (not sure which one). Cutting it with grapeseed oil fixes it for me.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
man I did a quad injection 4 times last time around and did everything like I do in the flutes but that 4th pin didn't go right. it sole up into about a 5inch diameter knot slightly red slightly warm I waited it out for about 10 days... had a leg day and that leg swole up almost twice as big it sole above my knee and up my inner thigh was really strange went to the hospital and told them exactly what I did they said I had an infection gave me antibiotics and the swelling and all went away in about 5 days..... needless to say I am scared to do a quad injection again...

BlueberyJones

Awards
Is this your first run? How are you doing it?

The gear im running has quite a bit of pip, not like the last vile i had. Some products have a lot of alcohol, and some products are just going to hurt, like eq ace vs long esters...

If its your first run, let us know your process and what exactly youre using. Could be needle size, location, substance or many other things.
No it’s not my first size cycle and I’m using 25 g 1 inch. 500 mg test a week 300 mg deca a week

BlueberyJones

Awards
If you're not used to pinning I think especially the quad can get extremly sore and cramps will appear at times. If it's red you might wanna see what's up, if it gets warm you should definitely go you he hospital to see that you dont have some infection but it's probably just the muscle being sore
It’s definitely warm to the touch and I’ve noticed it has way more pip than other gear I’ve used. It was weird tho bc the first 3 pins of this cycle no pip. But now my right quad is so tight and sore I can barely put socks on

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s definitely warm to the touch and I’ve noticed it has way more pip than other gear I’ve used. It was weird tho bc the first 3 pins of this cycle no pip. But now my right quad is so tight and sore I can barely put socks on
Could just be soreness but you have to decide wether it's worth going checking it out. It could be much better tomorrow already. It changes from one day to another for me.

BlueberyJones

Awards
All in one shot? Test dosed at 500 or 250?
Test 250 mg twice a week and deca 300 mg once a week and they’re both dosed at 300 mg per mL so a little under a mL on test twice a week

BlueberyJones

Awards
Could just be soreness but you have to decide wether it's worth going checking it out. It could be much better tomorrow already. It changes from one day to another for me.
I may try to hold off a few days and just see what happens. Prob be a good idea to take something anti inflammatory like ibuprofen too

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Test 250 mg twice a week and deca 300 mg once a week and they’re both dosed at 300 mg per mL so a little under a mL on test twice a week
Do you have fever-like symptoms? Chills, cold, then hot, achy? Alternatively, do you have a fever?

BlueberyJones

Awards
Do you have fever-like symptoms? Chills, cold, then hot, achy? Alternatively, do you have a fever?
I haven’t taken my temp but I don’t think so. I don’t really feel sick at all and I’ve had my leg get red before after pinning this same gear in the past but it’s has never turned like my entire upper leg red like this. And the left is a little red but is it coincidence that it’s the quad I’m pinning test and deca??

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate quads. The muscle seems to prevent you from walking much more than the glutes. I almost fell walking to the kitchen cause my leg just wouldn't follow my movement. Even with the glutes I like pinning from the side cause it gives me much smaller cramps that way. When your muscle gets used to It you barely notice you've been pinning. Nowadays it just feels like a small bruise to me

steve0178

steve0178

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I haven’t taken my temp but I don’t think so. I don’t really feel sick at all and I’ve had my leg get red before after pinning this same gear in the past but it’s has never turned like my entire upper leg red like this. And the left is a little red but is it coincidence that it’s the quad I’m pinning test and deca??
It doesn't sound like it's infected, but I'm not a medical professional. If it were me, I'd wait it out. I'd also consider getting some usp grapeseed oil (gso) to add to your shots. That works really well for me.
Also, read up on this if you want to learn more about solvents and gso.

Solvents for Making Injectable Steroids Solution

By Bella Lee | 29 August 2016 | 0 Comments

When to homebrew steroids solution,BB,BA,GSO and some other oils are commonly used.Each solvent plays a special role to create good quality steroid injections with less side effects.

Benzyl Alcohol*(BA):Sterilizing agent

BA is a*fairly potent antiseptic*solvent as*a sterilizing agent,whose main function for our purposes is keeping a solution bacteriostatic and sterile.

Benzyl alcohol has bacteriostatic properties: in other words it typically does not kill bacteria, but does prevent their growth. A clean oil solution of a steroid, without particulate matter, completely lacks nutrients needed for bacteria to grow: for example there are no sources of nitrogen, potassium, phosphorus etc which are absolutely required for bacterial growth. However, if for example allowing skin particles or food residue to be introduced into the oil solution, then bacterial growth becomes possible. However, if cleansing the septum and using a fresh needles, that should not happen.

Benzyl Alcohol is often the primary solvent and sometime the only solvent in a given formula.*It's presence as low as 0.9% is enough to prevent practically all microbial growth in solution.However, due to its solvency power it is often used to keep hormones in solution with oil or other vehicles. It is also one of the thinnest (that is best for viscosity reduction).

Benzyl Alcohol (BA) is also used to increase the lipid solubility of esterfied compounds and to prevent bacteria growth in the oil.

The shorter the ester, the more BA is needed to get the compound to dissolve.More BA is required to dissolve the raw powder to make high concentration products.

The major drawback to this solvent is that it tends to make for painful injections if the concentration goes above 10%. (This is true for any low molecular weight alcohol). Less than this tends to be painless for most people.

Benzyl Benzoate*(BB) is the primary solvent, which keeps the product from crashing.BB is a co-solvent that serves several functions: helps dissolve the hormone, helps keep it in solution in depot (injection site), and thins the gear so it is easy to draw and inject.

Benzyl Benzoate is the next common solvent on the list. It is not nearly as strong and much heavier than the benzyl alcohol so benzyl benzoate is used primarily for its latent affects in the depot. Namely it helps keep the hormone in solution at the injection site after the more water-soluble benzyl alcohol has leached from the depot. Benzyl benzoate is constructed of two benzene rings bridged by a carbonyl group, this making the solvent extremely hydrophobic. It is also painless at low levels and nearly painless at 15-20% for most people.is the next common solvent on the list.*

Benzyl benzoate is a useful solubilizer. For example, trenbolone acetate is soluble only at 50 mg/mL in straight Wesson oil, but 100 mg/mL can be obtained with 20% benzyl benzoate and 80% Wesson oil.

GSO is a much superior oil for steroid injections, as opposed to cottonseed oil, but also has a shorter shelf life. It should be stored in a dark place, at room temp.

Grape seed oil is much thinner, has anesthetic qualities, repairs damaged tissue and is actually healthy for you.It is cheaper, *more sterile,more readily available, thinner, and above all, less allergenic than other oils. The stuff shoots great.

So when you use GSO; you can use a smaller needle, create less scar tissue and help repair the tissue that is damaged with the injection.

EO is a solvent, which dissolves the powder and to thin the solution's viscosity.EO is Oleic Acid with an ethyl ester,it is an excellent solvent for lipophilic compounds in injectable preparations,and typically used by us as a base for steroid solutions.Its oxidative stability helps extend the shelf life of compounds, and its low viscosity provides for easy injections.

It provides smooth and painless injections, and will suspend compounds at much higher concentrations than just oil. For many the pain is reduced because Ethyl Oleate*has the advantages of lower viscosity than the vegetable or seed oils, and greater solubilizing ability.*And because it's a solvent, it allows you to use less Benzyl Benzoate in your blends, however BA is still used to maintain sterility.

It is great for short esters like Acetate, Propionate and Phenylpropionate forincreasing concentrations of these esters without crashing.(It will make 100mg/ml Prop completely painless...)

The potential disadvantages come from individual reaction to ethyl oleate in some cases, and poor quality ethyl oleate in others.*EO also does harm to the plastic/rubber end of the plunger of a syringe so you can't hold your gear inthe syringe for any duration of storage.Also EO cost is expensive.

Guaiacol*:Solubilizer

Guaiacol is the methyl ether of pyrocatechin, and is obtained by distilling guaiacum from wood-tar creosote. A strong solvent pure and simple it has some water miscibility to it and high degree of oil solubility as well.Guaiacol is called super solvent,as with most high mg gear it contained guaiacol as a solvent used to create high level of concentrate.It can dissolve powder more easily,and mainly used for oral steroids such as Oxandrolone,Dianabol,Winstrol,anadrol,etc.

Guaiacol*has been shown to have anesthesic properties,this fact is probably why solutions in high concentrations using the super solvent are reported to be painless or nearly painless by users.

Though Guaiacol is a super solvent we seldom use it because it causes side effects which many people don't like,such as:Allergies,Irritability,Fever,Cough,Disgusting vomits......

It also have irritating properties on inhalation, injestion, or skin contact in high quantities. It permeates the skin barrier very readily and will be distributed systemically as well.Besides*Guaiacol is a combustable compound so you should be careful when brewing .

Propylene glycol*is made ether from glycerol reacted with NaOH or from propylene reacted with chlorine and s carbonate.This **** is used for everything. It is one of the lightest polyhydric alcohols. Fairly polar solvent than can dissolve most any powder. Used as a co solvent for just about anything. Drawbacks include discomfort injecting at high levels and poor viscosity for the MW. Not the most compatible with oil.

Polyethylene glycol (PEG)*is a polymer made for ethylene oxide. It comes in almost any MW, from 200 to 60,000. 400 to 12,000 are the most common with 400 the most common for liquids and 2,500 for solid. (Anything over 800 to 1,000 is a solid at room temp.) It is nontoxic at any reasonable level. It is nonpolar while having lots of hydroxyl functionality. This makes it great for getting things to stay soluble in oil. Used a lot for compatibility reasons. Can also be used as a painless vehicle, instead of oil. Drawbacks include high viscosity and thermoplastic tendencies becoming more pronounced at the higher MWs. Also has mechanical properties (surface tension) that cause it to separate from oil. This may become less pronounced at the higher MWs but I have not had a chance to test this at this time.

Glycerol*is glycerin and via versa. The first is a lab term and the second an industrial term. It is the binding component of fat, which is fat is one molecule of glycerol and 3 fatty acid chains. It is not a great solvent for the home brewer for a couple of reason. First and foremost do not inject glycerol undiluted. It is a strong dehydrogenating agent and can cause ruptures in cells. (OUCH) Oral it can even be taken as a diuretic. The second is that it is a very viscous solvent. It is hard to thin. Can be used as a vehicle instead of oil.

BlueberyJones

Awards
I hate quads. The muscle seems to prevent you from walking much more than the glutes. I almost fell walking to the kitchen cause my leg just wouldn't follow my movement. Even with the glutes I like pinning from the side cause it gives me much smaller cramps that way. When your muscle gets used to It you barely notice you've been pinning. Nowadays it just feels like a small bruise to me
I think I’m def gonna start trying to glutes bc I know what you mean worth quads. It’s a terrible place to be sore lmao

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This happened to me also. I waited 10 days before I went for antibiotics. I could hardly walk. I’m not even 100% sure it was infected but I could hardly walk it hurt so bad. Antibiotics do tend to be anti inflammatory also. But they are horrible on your gut biome

Ase_james

Awards
Id either run an antibiotic or go get it looked at. It is possible you just poked something at a bad angle or something, but why take the chance on missing a week of workouts?
Assuming you're using underground gear, it could very well be a piece of nasty stuck in your muscle.

BlueberyJones

Awards
Id either run an antibiotic or go get it looked at. It is possible you just poked something at a bad angle or something, but why take the chance on missing a week of workouts?
Assuming you're using underground gear, it could very well be a piece of nasty stuck in your muscle.
It honestly seems like this specific brand of gear does this to a lot. Causing redness and inflammation ( among my friend group that uses the same gear )

Ase_james

Awards
It honestly seems like this specific brand of gear does this to a lot. Causing redness and inflammation ( among my friend group that uses the same gear )
Hm, you could have an allergic reaction to the oil or something else in it. Maybe if you have another source or can see if your source has another option?

Ive only used sesame and grape seed oils, but i know you can have an internal reaction, but eating the same oil won't bother you.

If it is an allergy, find another product. Dont **** with food allergies...

If it were me, and its not hot to the touch, or an infection, I'd try some new gear.

BlueberyJones

Awards
Hm, you could have an allergic reaction to the oil or something else in it. Maybe if you have another source or can see if your source has another option?

Ive only used sesame and grape seed oils, but i know you can have an internal reaction, but eating the same oil won't bother you.

If it is an allergy, find another product. Dont **** with food allergies...

If it were me, and its not hot to the touch, or an infection, I'd try some new gear.
It is warm to the touch and I haven’t gone to another supplier bc I know for a fact all his injectables and orals are g2g. He’s also just a really good supplier in general

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Edited.... didn't realize this was an old post

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I only pin my right delt and it doesn't even get sore any more. 1" 29g pin

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only pin my right delt and it doesn't even get sore any more. 1" 29g pin
I experienced injection site enhancements, isn't your right delt bigger than the left now?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Me too, then back filling a slin pin, heat the syringe in hot water (with the cap on) -and in it goes.
I just use the nippro syringes with interchangeable needles. Buy a 100 pack of each needle size. There is no wastage because I let the little air bubble rise to the plunger and it pushes every drop out of the syringe.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just use the nippro syringes with interchangeable needles. Buy a 100 pack of each needle size. There is no wastage because I let the little air bubble rise to the plunger and it pushes every drop out of the syringe.
I don't care about air bubbles, they go in the delt as well.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I love air bubbles. And my right hip/glute is bigger than my left...

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been thinking of just pinning my delts. It’s the easiest to pin and the least painful for me. I was pinning my left glute and had a hell of a time getting in the needle. It kept bending and not going in - buns of steel lol

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been thinking of just pinning my delts. It’s the easiest to pin and the least painful for me. I was pinning my left glute and had a hell of a time getting in the needle. It kept bending and not going in - buns of steel lol
We "delt pinners" are restricted to low volume, like 1-2 ml x site. Imagine pinning 600mg EQ, 750mg test + 600mg mast/w.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We "delt pinners" are restricted to low volume, like 1-2 ml x site. Imagine pinning 600mg EQ, 750mg test + 600mg mast/w.

I will never run anything that high. Never gonna compete so would never go over 500-600mg a week of test and just add a oral like dbol and var.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will never run anything that high. Never gonna compete so would never go over 500-600mg a week of test and just add a oral like dbol and var.
Well, when you are older, you might reconsider taking orals. EQ with a little test is awesome, mast too -but our delts are too small! :)

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Left glute is hell but the right one is never a problem. Anyone smoked weed after a bad injection and a tough workout? Legs give out completely

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, when you are older, you might reconsider taking orals. EQ with a little test is awesome, mast too -but our delts are too small! :)
My delts are my weak point and I agree. Gonna be 40 this year and prob stay clear of orals in the near future.