Strange health issue possibly caused by anabolics

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So last time I was on a cycle of Trest ace I had severe night sweats. I have been off cycle for 12 weeks and the night sweats have continued. Further, now in the day I am always cold. Will keep it like 72 in the house and where a hoodie. I had a thyroid test like a year ago come back bad but a follow up test come back ok. I was also just tested two more times recently for thyroid and it came back normal on both. I am currently on an ephedrine/caffeine cycle but doubt that would be a cause. Can a thyroid test be good some times but not others depending what time of the day the test was taken? What are other possible health conditions that might be the cause of my symptoms?

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Which thyroid hormones were actually measured in your tests? Did the analysis include free t3 and t4, or just TSH? What about reverse t3? Thyroid function is a complex issue, with many moving parts. Could you post your results (all the tests)?

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Which thyroid hormones were actually measured in your tests? Did the analysis include free t3 and t4, or just TSH? What about reverse t3? Thyroid function is a complex issue, with many moving parts. Could you post your results (all the tests)?
FADF729F-F6DC-4518-8F39-468FB2ECE515.png
51F2B918-8557-4E23-98BD-FCA7867031DC.png

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
It looks like your thyroid might be struggling a bit. It is good that you have a doc that orders more than the simple TSH.
You might notice that you total t4 is near the bottom of the range, while yout TSH is nearly 3. A doc who specializes in thyroid function would tell you that your levels, while "in range," are not optimal.
I am not a doctor, but I have subclinical thyroiditis, my wife and my mother have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, my elder brother had Grave's Thyroiditis, and my daughter is also hypothyroid.
The doc who sees my wife and daughter prefers to see TSH below 2, preferably closer to 1, with total t4, free t4, and free t3 in the top quartile of the reference range. The reason being that the reference ranges for all sorts of things have been moving in tandem with a less healthy population.
I would advise you to ask your doctor for a thyroid antibody test to rule out autoimmunity. Both Hashimoto's (hypo) and Grave's (hyper) Thyroiditis can present conflicting symptoms.
Beyond that, are your E2 and prolactin levels in check?

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sorry for the delay in replying. I work an off shift, so my sleep schedule is odd.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yep....

I was going to mention that if Estrogen levels are off, it can sometimes cause similar issues.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It looks like your thyroid might be struggling a bit. It is good that you have a doc that orders more than the simple TSH.
You might notice that you total t4 is near the bottom of the range, while yout TSH is nearly 3. A doc who specializes in thyroid function would tell you that your levels, while "in range," are not optimal.
I am not a doctor, but I have subclinical thyroiditis, my wife and my mother have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, my elder brother had Grave's Thyroiditis, and my daughter is also hypothyroid.
The doc who sees my wife and daughter prefers to see TSH below 2, preferably closer to 1, with total t4, free t4, and free t3 in the top quartile of the reference range. The reason being that the reference ranges for all sorts of things have been moving in tandem with a less healthy population.
I would advise you to ask your doctor for a thyroid antibody test to rule out autoimmunity. Both Hashimoto's (hypo) and Grave's (hyper) Thyroiditis can present conflicting symptoms.
Beyond that, are your E2 and prolactin levels in check?
E2 is in range at about a 25 on the sensitive test. Never had prolactin tested.

blackirish36

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Your E2 doesn't look like a problem. Elevated prolactin will cause nipple sensitivity, so if you don't have excessive sensitivity, you are probably okay there. Night sweats can be caused by fluctuations of several hormones, so that is a pretty non-specific symptom.
I maintain my original suggestion that you ask for the antibody tests. If you aren't already, make sure you are getting at least 250 mcg iodine and 200 mcg selenium through food or supplementation.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO, I would ask a doctor and not a lot of strangers on the internet. This is a serious issue and only an MD is going to really be able to give you the correct answer.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So last time I was on a cycle of Trest ace I had severe night sweats. I have been off cycle for 12 weeks and the night sweats have continued. Further, now in the day I am always cold. Will keep it like 72 in the house and where a hoodie. I had a thyroid test like a year ago come back bad but a follow up test come back ok. I was also just tested two more times recently for thyroid and it came back normal on both. I am currently on an ephedrine/caffeine cycle but doubt that would be a cause. Can a thyroid test be good some times but not others depending what time of the day the test was taken? What are other possible health conditions that might be the cause of my symptoms?
Ephedrine is basically an amphetamine dude. It’s extremely common for amphetamines to cause night sweats and circulation issues. I would wake up in a pool of sweat and have zero tolerance for the cold when I used to take Adderall. I really don’t think it’s more complicated than the drugs you’re taking. That’s probably your culprit.

Last edited:

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ephedrine is basically an amphetamine dude. It’s extremely common for amphetamines to cause night sweats and circulation issues. I would wake up in a pool of sweat and have zero tolerance for the cold when I used to take Adderall. I really don’t think it’s more complicated than the drugs you’re taking. That’s probably your culprit.
Thanks bro. If if funny you said that because I am due to stop the ephedrine today as my cut on it just ended. I hope that is the problem and very well could be as I have been on it for 7 weeks and thought I would notice feeling even more cold after taking it. I will report back on here in a couple days with an update on if symptoms have changed.