Strange Cholesterol Labs

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys I just got back some labs I ran due to a suspected UTI, and my LDL cholesterol is the highest I've ever seen. My highest total cholesterol score before this was 170 with a HDL of 43. Anyways here are the values from the Lipid Panel taken yesterday:

Total cholesterol: 396 ref range: <200 mg/dL

HDL cholesterol: 60 ref range: >40 mg/dL

Triglycerides: 88 ref range: <150 mg/dL

LDL cholesterol: 316 ref range: <150 mg/dL

If anyone has any feedback on what could cause such a ridiculously high LDL, I'd really appreciate it.

Some background info on me: no AAS in the last 18 months, but I use GH/MK/Peptides year round. Lift 5+ days per week, 60+ minutes of cardio a day, eat extremely clean, and do not use alcohol or rec drugs other than daily marijuana. 6' 188 lbs ~15% bodyfat

G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How long ago was your last test? What were the levels for that one? Any family history of high cholesterol?

danielvp

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long ago was your last test? What were the levels for that one? Any family history of high cholesterol?
2 years since the last lipid panel. Total was 170, HDL: 43. My dad's cholesterol isn't great, but he is on a high TRT dose. No other family cholesterol issues that I know of.

I can't wrap my head around how HDL and triglycerides are the best they've ever been, but LDL is fucked.

Last edited:
G34RS

G34RS

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I agree with getting a retest after a couple weeks at least. Sometimes weird things popup in labs, and then go away. If it's not been consistent with your other labs, then I wouldn't get too stressed about it yet.