Strained lumbar 6.5 weeks out

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
Got diagnosed with strained lumbar and it hurts like a BITCH. I was about to do a bent over row Monday all of a sudden sharp sharp death pain. Couldn't even walk. I'm on prednisone for 5 days my coach tells me to take the week off. But being the addict I am I went to the gym today and did back and delts with machines, now my back hurts like a Bitch again. You think taking the rest of week off will be detrimental ? Don't want to lose muscle or **** **** up this close to the show.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You wont lose muscle if your diet is on point. Take it from someone who has tweaked their back more than once, DONT DO ANYTHING THAT MAKES IT HURT WORSE. It really does just need time to chill out.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
You wont lose muscle if your diet is on point. Take it from someone who has tweaked their back more than once, DONT DO ANYTHING THAT MAKES IT HURT WORSE. It really does just need time to chill out.
I track macros so diet is on point. I just don't see how I can keep thickness without heavy barbell squats and rows

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I track macros so diet is on point. I just don't see how I can keep thickness without heavy barbell squats and rows
I understand your concerns. But if you think you can squat or do a bent over barbell row with a fcked up back you're going to have a really shîtty couple of weeks. At the end of the day, one week is a drop in the bucket. Is it ideal? No. Will it completely kill your physique? Absolutely not.

Caldwood

Caldwood

Awards
  • Established
Got diagnosed with strained lumbar and it hurts like a BITCH. I was about to do a bent over row Monday all of a sudden sharp sharp death pain. Couldn't even walk. I'm on prednisone for 5 days my coach tells me to take the week off. But being the addict I am I went to the gym today and did back and delts with machines, now my back hurts like a Bitch again. You think taking the rest of week off will be detrimental ? Don't want to lose muscle or **** **** up this close to the show.
Homie best thing you can do is ice bath/hot bath twice a day if possible. Screwed mine up bad before and this definitely made a big difference.

Bigman1292

Bigman1292

Awards
I understand your concerns. But if you think you can squat or do a bent over barbell row with a fcked up back you're going to have a really shîtty couple of weeks. At the end of the day, one week is a drop in the bucket. Is it ideal? No. Will it completely kill your physique? Absolutely not.
That's true. Just have dieted over 20 weeks already for this show, don't want to be out. Today is day 3 on prednisone, back sort of feels better but everyday after the gym and work it just hurts bad again. Coach said take week off from gym but I feel like I cannot just sit around like a blob