Straight up kratom old forest log.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks to straight up for allowing me this opportunity. It couldnt have come atba better time, as my back has been in quite some pain on the left lat and erector.

The packaging is tight and was shipped very efficiently. No loose contents and no hassle on getting the package either.

The best way that I can describe the aroma of the red strain is a mixture between licorice, cinnamon, and the loose herb form of gynema.

I will be dosing 1 gram this evening, and analyzing any difference that is made in sleep via the sleepon ring.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! I'll get in on this!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'll follow along. Throw up pics of the Kratom!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is right when i got the package.

Attachments

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had anticipated an extremely bitter taste from kratom. That's is what everyone i have talked to says about it, however I can think of 3 herbs that are worse. Kratom doesnt really have a bad taste, imo. it's just a bit earthy. I am attaching my sleep stages from last night. I had gotten 0 percent deep sleep the night before. I usually get a high REM number regardless of what I do.

A 1 g dose the red Bali had a definite impact on the pain in my back, almost like the pain reduction when I take a 200 mg dose of caffeine. There was no sedative effect that I could tell.

I am going to try the gold hulu strain before training deadlifts today.

I almost forgot: my appetite was reduced, not necessarily in the desire to eat but more so in that i just felt full.

Attachments

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Usually the sedative effects are experienced 4g and above

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have just finished my deadlift session. The gold hulu had a more pungent aroma. I used 2g. The best way that I can describe the taste is that it is similar to that of an orange peel.

I like the feeling that I had during the session. It was not really a motivation but more if a mood increase. I wasn't necessarily trying to hurry through my sets and slowed down to put constant tension on my delts when inwas training shoulders. I'm not saying that it was a mind blowing effect, but there was a definite subtle effect. My back pain has been significantly lessened , and I could feel my vertebra popping multiple times this morning.

I am going to try a 20 hr fast with sauna and kratom if this covid situation closes my work down.

Attachments

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you get a chance, try taking curcumin and them 30 minutes later Kratom. Or, try grapefruit juice, and take Kratom an hour later. Those can enhance the effects.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Subbed. SUK’s old Forrest kratom strains are top shelf. Good stuff!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I tried 4 grams of red forest last night at 6 p.m. The analgesic effect was there, but I swear it felt like I was energized. I was up until 11:40. Perhaps I should take it earlier in the day. My sleep app is on the fritz right now. I have emailed the company, but no response yet so I cannot provide quantitative data for sleep at the moment. I can, however, report vivid dreams. This would suggest that my usual REM sleep is still high. I can say that my mood is lifted on both strains, and my appetite is suppressed.

I dosed 2 grams of Gold hulu this morning, and have had no hunger to speak of. It is much easier to put up with the constant chaos at work right now. There have been several curve balls thrown at me today, and I still manage to keep a smile on my face and navigate the waters.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I tried 4 grams of red forest last night at 6 p.m. The analgesic effect was there, but I swear it felt like I was energized. I was up until 11:40. Perhaps I should take it earlier in the day. My sleep app is on the fritz right now. I have emailed the company, but no response yet so I cannot provide quantitative data for sleep at the moment. I can, however, report vivid dreams. This would suggest that my usual REM sleep is still high. I can say that my mood is lifted on both strains, and my appetite is suppressed.

I dosed 2 grams of Gold hulu this morning, and have had no hunger to speak of. It is much easier to put up with the constant chaos at work right now. There have been several curve balls thrown at me today, and I still manage to keep a smile on my face and navigate the waters.
Get to 6 to 8 g, that's when it begins to be sedating.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 6.5 grams of red ball after training high volume eccentric based training today. That was 4 hours ago. Nonsedative effects to speak of, but I am FOR SURE less sore.than normal.

I have had tender abductors from overuse in the past few days, and that soreness is lowered atm. I am in an overreached state at the moment. This is intentional due to gyms being shut down. Tomorrow I am going to either take a day off or use the gold hulu in the a.m. and fast all day.

On a side note, I am wary of dosing much higher than 8 grams due tonreportnof nausea from several people. Can anyon confirmnor deny ( I do realize that tolerance is different in all individuals.)

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 2 g and did the fast yesterday. I'll be up front. I regularly fast. I also regularly chew my fingers to pieces from the cortisol that's being released. Not so yesterday ( and good thing with the nation's current situation).

I'm expecting all.gyms tonbe closed by the end of the weekend. I do have a setup.at home though.

Im.super thankful for the kratom at this time. I didnt take today, and I was a bit more anxious and stressed than the past few days.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
me girlfriend says its bitter, I say earthly

Kratom is great stuff if used responsibly . Straight up has my vote

Ive got some white hula and green malay . I may use them every now and again. Come to think of it its been a few weeks since I used any

I find three grams is plenty

ive taken capsules before in 2018, and prefer the powder

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm coming to think that I don't need much more than 3 grams either.

I am really enjoying taking pre workout.

Inhave bursitis in my left shoulder and it kept the pain down enough to do some tempo training on bench and belt squats today.

I am having to use a hip squat belt over top of a fire pit so that the loading pin can drop deep enough. Not ideal, but it is kind of fun having to get creative ( which the kratom.may very well help with)

I have ordered a cheap tricep pulldown pulley cable setup. I do believe that i will have to suspend from a tree using a daisy chain lol.

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have ordered a cheap tricep pulldown pulley cable setup. I do believe that i will have to suspend from a tree using a daisy chain lol.
Nice! Gotta do what you gotta do in these times of self quarantine.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay. I upped the red Bali to 10 grams on the evening, and I did not sleep a wink. I was up all night staring at the ceiling.

Has anyone tried gold hulu before bed yet?

I.have found that taking early morning is a bit more motivating to go crank out a couple of sets on a lift several times throughout the day.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Okay. I upped the red Bali to 10 grams on the evening, and I did not sleep a wink. I was up all night staring at the ceiling.

I.have found that taking early morning is a bit more motivating to go crank out a couple of sets on a lift several times throughout the day.
What time did you take the Bali?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I took gold Hulu before bed the past two nights. When I say before bed I just mean in the evening around 8pm. I fall asleep at around 11:30pm-midnight no problem. It has a mild uplifting energy at first that lasts 1-2 hours and then a calming/relaxing feel to it. I also don’t dose anywhere near 10grams of kratom in one dose and I have been using it for 3 years now. My doses stay between 1-4 grams.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t tried the Old Forest Red Bali yet. I will give that a try tonight at 2 grams a few hours before I would like to be asleep by.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I can't take any kratom after 5pm if I have any chance of sleeping that night. The gold batch is definitely energizing, I have taken up to 5g, which is my absolute high limit and generally feel sedation at that point. The gold is a nice daytime batch that isn't overly "buzzy" where you might feel some anxiety. Mellow but alert.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will say this: the analgesic properties are there for both strains. Inhave a noticeable twinge in the outer ligament of the hamstring on my right knee. I haven't taken for a couple of days now, and besides the pain, there are no feelings of addiction.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Up and at em this morning. 3 grams of gold.hulu down the hatch. Work from home is so much less of a drag. I'm looking to get my backlog handled before noon today.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Squat session today. I have been hooking up a russian stim unit to my quads. Intookna small dose of red Bali, 2 g, about 6 hours before bed last night. I slept soundly. As usual, my rem was in the 20 percent range, deep sleep was still low. I am beginning to think that kratom does not sedate me then way that others reports. I have went high dose and low dose at this point with the only difference being that I sit and stare at the ceiling when using a high dose.before.bed.

I think the main benefits are motivation and productivity increases. It almost feels.loke taking caffeine without the overstimulation that ingest from.larger doses of caffeine.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I took some red bali this morning as opposed to the normal gold hulu. This could be completely placebo, but I felt no need to.be sociable today. Instead, I was extremely focused. I put on my ice vest over a wet shirt and went walking. I researched a few topics that lead.me further down some rabbit holes. Long story short, I walked for 3 hours. It sure didnt feel like it. I did not feel fatigued, and my feet did not.ache like they normally would. I also.felt.no sense of urgency. Both strains seem tonhave that effect on me.though.

If anyone has any ideas for an interesting experiment to try during the safer at.home.times, please share your thoughts.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took the two.strains together, and I can report that the gold hulu has a less bitter taste.

The combination was quite pleasant. Zero appetite for hours, and those hours seemed to fly by. I walked 8 miles and decided to stop. This is the best experience.i.have had so far.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took the two.strains together, and I can report that the gold hulu has a less bitter taste.

The combination was quite pleasant. Zero appetite for hours, and those hours seemed to fly by. I walked 8 miles and decided to stop. This is the best experience.i.have had so far.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Had a 4 hour conference call today. I figured i would try gold hulu to keep the spirits up. Luckily, my screen didnt have to be on. I was doing lunges and eldoa by the end of it. I just felt too unproductive sitting there.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cracked open my gold.hulunthis morning. It smells just as fragrant as the day it arrived. I went for a shiver walk and did onlynatm and delt work today. Yesterday was leg day. Today I noticed that my pupils seemed to be smaller than usual. It could be coincidental. I'll have to check the.mext time that use.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It was a very rainy day today. Walking in the rain isn't very fun, but I decided to take a couple of grams and go hunting for morels.

I didn't find any, but at least i got some steps on.

I 4 oz of kratom could last one for months.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It was a very rainy day today. Walking in the rain isn't very fun, but I decided to take a couple of grams and go hunting for morels.

I didn't find any, but at least i got some steps on.

I 4 oz of kratom could last one for months.
Mushroom hunting is a good way to self distance and get in some steps! It's rainy where I'm at today :(

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mushroom hunting is a good way to self distance and get in some steps! It's rainy where I'm at today :(
I have actually found 1 morel up to this point. Danged if I mind though. The combo of sunshine and kratom seems to be a recipe for a good mood.

sillycibin

Awards
Careful with Kratom. It is one of the more powerful and effective herbals you can buy. But dose escalation and dependence can become real problems. You can become addicted to it. Coming off gets harder the longer you take it. That said it is a great herbal medicine for people who need it for things like anxiety, depression, chronic pain. But you have to respect it.