STORM 'Focus' Review

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Saw this on DPS a while back and was mildly intrigued by the 'BrainBerry' extract in it. I play in a couple slowpitch softball leagues throughout the summer/fall, so I figured this would potentially be a nice replacement to drinking a GHOST on the way to the field. One of the claims of 'BrainBerry' is that it can increase hand-eye coordination, so that can certainly come in handy when it comes to swinging a bat haha.

Start with the flavor... 'Blue Raspberry Rage'. It's certainly not my favorite supplement to drink. Not that it tastes 'bad', but it doesn't taste great either haha. Kinda the typical blue razz flavor, but it's super fucking sweet/tart. Was mixing 2 scoops in ~16oz, which they suggest 1 per 16oz, so I guess it's not super shocking that the flavor is crazy strong, but I'm not trying to chug ~32oz right before running out to play.

Energy was as expected; nothing crazy strong with only ~150mg of caffeine with the 2 scoops, but more than enough for a game. Don't need that cracked out feeling while I'm out there.

Now the more important part, the 'BrainBerry'. Did it seem to help with hand-eye coordination? I wanna say yes, but it's been a subtle thing. I'm already a pretty decent hitter. If you were to look at my batting average so far this season, I'm still hitting around the same as I always do, but I'd say I've noticed I'm not mishitting as often. Making solid contact, hitting a lot of liners over pitchers heads.

This isn't something I'd necessarily want to use for the gym, but I'll likely keep using this through the summer. Play like 3/4 games a week normally, so should get plenty of time to really get a judge on the BrainBerry.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
View attachment 232285

Saw this on DPS a while back and was mildly intrigued by the 'BrainBerry' extract in it. I play in a couple slowpitch softball leagues throughout the summer/fall, so I figured this would potentially be a nice replacement to drinking a GHOST on the way to the field. One of the claims of 'BrainBerry' is that it can increase hand-eye coordination, so that can certainly come in handy when it comes to swinging a bat haha.

Start with the flavor... 'Blue Raspberry Rage'. It's certainly not my favorite supplement to drink. Not that it tastes 'bad', but it doesn't taste great either haha. Kinda the typical blue razz flavor, but it's super fucking sweet/tart. Was mixing 2 scoops in ~16oz, which they suggest 1 per 16oz, so I guess it's not super shocking that the flavor is crazy strong, but I'm not trying to chug ~32oz right before running out to play.

Energy was as expected; nothing crazy strong with only ~150mg of caffeine with the 2 scoops, but more than enough for a game. Don't need that cracked out feeling while I'm out there.

Now the more important part, the 'BrainBerry'. Did it seem to help with hand-eye coordination? I wanna say yes, but it's been a subtle thing. I'm already a pretty decent hitter. If you were to look at my batting average so far this season, I'm still hitting around the same as I always do, but I'd say I've noticed I'm not mishitting as often. Making solid contact, hitting a lot of liners over pitchers heads.

This isn't something I'd necessarily want to use for the gym, but I'll likely keep using this through the summer. Play like 3/4 games a week normally, so should get plenty of time to really get a judge on the BrainBerry.
That is one of the few I have never tried, but I do enjoy the Focus XT very much.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've considered pulling the trigger on this a few times but never had. There are regularly good sales on it on a couple sites.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That is one of the few I have never tried, but I do enjoy the Focus XT very much.
I still view FXT as the 'GOAT' of focus products. Used to LOVE it for school related use. Paying attention was easier. The memory/recall improvement was super noticeable with daily use.

I've considered pulling the trigger on this a few times but never had. There are regularly good sales on it on a couple sites.
~$20 for 20 games... decent value at minimum compared to an energy drink haha. Be interested to see some other people try it for sports purposes though.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Few more games in the book this week... maybe placebroing myself, but I'm fairly certain I'm seeing the ball better. Better judge on close balls/strikes out of the pitchers hand. 6 for 6 tonight, so I certainly can't complain. My hamstrings on the other hand... :p

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Few more games in the book this week... maybe placebroing myself, but I'm fairly certain I'm seeing the ball better. Better judge on close balls/strikes out of the pitchers hand. 6 for 6 tonight, so I certainly can't complain. My hamstrings on the other hand... :p
Very Nice !