Stopping Test C after one pin. Bad E2 reaction. Also Adex question.

str8jakkut

Awards
Hello. Long time lurker of threads but first post (Sorry so long!)....

I'm 33 years old, a firefighter and father of 3 small children. I have had some symptoms of low T (which is extremely prevelant among firefighters due to poor sleep patterns, stress ect.), mainly fatigue and brain fog. Libido has always been fine. T level tested 427. Long story short, I was prescribed 200mg/wk Test Cyp x 1 injection. No AI.

About 30 hours following my first and only injection, I began having EXTREME anxiety, sweaty palms and elevated BP (156/96) which I normally run low BP. The next day both nipples began to burn. Also seems like my unit downstairs is not working right. I called the doctor's office and he called me in some arimidex at the pharmacy. My rx calls for 1mg twice a week. Due to lots of reading about possible E2 crashing, I took half that my first day with alot of relief. So.....

I get that there is a so called "sweet spot" for AI's for dosage, but I have decided that after this nightmare of an experience and my T being in the "low normal" range I will not continue with the TRT. I want to exhaust my other natural options first and possibly go on TRT in the future years up the road when I literally have no choice.

My question is...Does it sound like a good enough plan to just continue the arimidex 2x a week for a couple weeks and maybe taper down the dose? Will I be safe from rebound E2 return? I have read that this happens with Arimidex. Also I have read that after ONLY one injection I should recover fine without pct. I was ordered some HCGenerate yesterday just in case. Those experienced please advise.

Sorry if any of this is in the stickies. I looked the best I could.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
First of all, you do not need TRT at all. With your job the amount of stress and poor sleep patterns is enough to lower test levels, the fact that you've been doing this and your still at 427 farther shows you do not need TRT. 200mg a week was way to high to start with anyway. You didnt post your estrogen levels when you were at 427 T which would help. What you need to do is work on living healthier and sleeping better. You need a boost with the numbers you have I would stick to a OTC test booster which many on here can tell you all about. As far as arimidex, your dose was why to high and I believe you have no need to mess with it. If you'd like to lower estrogen SNS has a great product for that. Eat good, sleep good, and hit those full body lifts. Your numbers will go up.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Todd Garner. I am also a firefighter, prior to TRT I had a best of 300, I had the brain fog, zero sex drive, needed a nap for a few hours every day, was cranky, had wide weight fluctuations and stubborn fat I could NEVER lose.
I was put on 100mg per week (200mg is WAY too high imo for TRT), and my low is 450 with the high being close to 1000. I have only occasionally needed an AI.

I would explore other reasons for the symptoms since I do NOT think they are low testosterone related.
What work schedule are you on? how busy a house are you in? Got a side job? A lot of what you describe is also from just plain old lack of sleep, if you are working a 24/48 and one of those days is spent at a side job in addition to 3 young kids at home you are probably not getting enough quality sleep. I recently moved from a very busy house to a moderately slow house and I find that even getting 9 hours of sleep in the station is only worth about 4-5 hours at home. Just plain old sleeping more has helped a lot...

str8jakkut

Awards
Thanks for the replies!

Todd,

My estriadol was at 43 (ultra sensitive test) before first and only injection. I do feel 100% certain that the symptoms the day after my injection was from aromitization/raised E2 as they were alleviated within about an hour of taking 0.5mg of Arimidex. Those same symptoms (terrible anxiety, painful nipples) retuned 2 days later and were again alleviated with 0.5mg arimidex. I will be starting the hcgenerate (natural booster) that I ordered when it gets here.
I definitely aromitize Test badly, so would you recommend tapering off of the Adex through the second week after the injection then dropping it? I've read that arimidex can create rebound gyno weeks later b/c it does not destroy the E2 just blocks it, unlike aromasin. Is this a legit concern I should have or will this not be a factor once exogenous testosterone is out of my system?

v4lu,

I'm on a 24/48 schedule at a busy station. Definitely need more sleep but life gets in the way as I'm sure you know. When we do get a slow night once in a blue moon, it's still not like sleeping at home just like you said. I will be putting some hard thought into trying to remedy these issues and using natural supps until TRT is my absolute final option. Getting a small taste of having to balance hormones, meds and side effects showed me that I do not wish to deal with this just yet.

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
SNS Inhibit-E might be something you should look into. After finishing your hcgenerate I'd find something better priced unless that not a concern. Others can comment on coming off Arimidex, I'm on it but have never came off. But like v4lu I dont believe test is your issue, fix your stress and sleep first before trying to doctor up your hormones.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
a 24/48 can be rough in a busy house. I work a 24 on 24 off 24 on then 5 off with a debit day every 5th cycle, so i have a few more days to recover, though my second day on can be brutal if the first night is bad.

I suspect most of your issue is just bad sleep/stress. I had to get rid of tv in my bedroom and get blackout curtains as well. Also had to force myself to try and maintain a very regular schedule off duty (again easier for me than for you). I also had to get on my wife about bed times, that her staying up late watching the kindle means I am going to stop sleeping in the same room as her. I wish i could offer more, maybe some dietary changes might help, but I dont know what you are doing right now so thats up in the air.

the estradiol of 43 before the shot is pretty high, i was in the 18-30 range prior to trt. I have not had levels as good as you since i was about 30, I am 40 now and figured it was not an if i went on TRT but a when, though I fought it for 2 years once the symptoms got really bad.