Stopped nicotine and stopped loosing weight

Hooper

Awards
I'm 44 and over the years my weight has been up and down. Well a year ago at 330lbs I started working out and eating right again. I was dropping weight pretty fast like when I was in my 30,s. Then the first week of March I quit 25 years of dipping cold turkey with no help. I was down to 290lbs and 8 months later still on a really clean diet and in the gym 6 days a week. I'm still 290lbs. Now my body has changed and my strength has really gone up. But I think for heart health I need to be below 250. I really want to be 220 or 230 and lean again. Has anyone quit nicotine and had issues losing weight. if so how did you over come the lack of nicotine. Im also in the market for a good fat burner. Have not tried one yet.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm 44 and over the years my weight has been up and down. Well a year ago at 330lbs I started working out and eating right again. I was dropping weight pretty fast like when I was in my 30,s. Then the first week of March I quit 25 years of dipping cold turkey with no help. I was down to 290lbs and 8 months later still on a really clean diet and in the gym 6 days a week. I'm still 290lbs. Now my body has changed and my strength has really gone up. But I think for heart health I need to be below 250. I really want to be 220 or 230 and lean again. Has anyone quit nicotine and had issues losing weight. if so how did you over come the lack of nicotine. Im also in the market for a good fat burner. Have not tried one yet.
That will happen...Nicotine is a known appetite suppressant. You have probably upped your calories without realizing it. I would try tracking your food intake and macro's for a while, and see where your at. And if looking for a great thermogenic I would look at Radiate by RXS Supplements.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your stagnation is partly due to lowered insulin sensitivity. Your body is in "economy mode" and metabolism is down. Happened to all of us who lost a considerable amount of weight, especially when over 40. I recommend to have a look at stimulants mixed with a thermogenic, like "Radiate".
Others use metformin or berberine to up insulin sensitivity -and/or bring metabolism up again.

Especially in the first year, one can gain lean muscle while losing fat.
Don't forget, muscles are way heavier than fat. You lost way more fat than you realize, because some of your total weight now is gained muscle.

You also could up cardio while lowering daily calories by 500kcal/d.

Hooper

Awards
I have been reading the forms and the radiate has been recommended several times. I will have to try it out. I track Cal,s on an app but need to read up on macros and tracking them. Also I'm getting a note book along with the app.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That will happen...Nicotine is a known appetite suppressant. You have probably upped your calories without realizing it. I would try tracking your food intake and macro's for a while, and see where your at. And if looking for a great thermogenic I would look at Radiate by RXS Supplements.
Hahaha! We are like minded, brother! :)

Anabaholic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on quitting! I'm pretty young, but I smoked for a few years, and I was fat before, during and after smoking so I can't comment on the weight loss side of it. Anyway, eating healthy foods is great, but you may be eating maintenance calories for the weight you currently are without really realizing it, try dropping a couple hundred calories for two weeks and see how that goes, and add in a bit of cardio of you don't already do it. If that doesn't work, there's always a chance that you might have dieted too hard for too long, in which case, you might actually need to slowly raise your calories to get your metabolism going again. For fatburners, I really like ignit3, but what's you stim tolerance like? Another good option, though it's not exactly a fat burner, would be Invictus by ironlegion, it works by lowering cortisol which can be great for breaking a plateau. When I ran Invictus, my weight stayed the same, but I lost a couple inches on my waist, so I call that a win.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Can you tell us exactly what your diet is?

In my experience as someone who had A LOT to lose, I made really minimal changes and went from 300 to about 250 with really no effort. Then I stagnated. It wasn't until I really decided to get strict and buckle down and put in real effort that I got into a healthier range.

Good job quitting the nicotine. You probably did more for your health than you realize!

Ynn3kc1

Ynn3kc1

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on quitting, and losing part of that weight. I never got addicted to nicotine, thankfully, but I did smoke a lot of bud from high school till I was like 27.
I know it sounds strange but I weighed 185 at 5'10, pretty much the whole time. I didn't munch like many do and I believe it helped me stay skinny. probably bc I spent most of my money on green, but either way, maybe it's just a distraction when you're bored, so instead of staring at the fridge, you step outside and dip or smoke.
I was up to 320lbs like a year ago. I was working out, but didn't have my diet right. I managed to get to about 290 after some time then 2 months ago I'd had enough.
I started IF, kept cals between 2000 and 2300 a day, my macros were usually 35 carbs, 30 fats, 35 protein. I new I needed some help so I ran RXS Radiate (stim burner), OL Pyretic (non-stim burner), Recomp Rx (glucose and carb controller), and True Shred (natty anabolic) for 8 weeks.
I lost 30 pounds working out regularly and sticking to my diet plan in that 2 months. And gained some decent muscle in the process.
I still hope to get down to at least 200. But it was just a natty way to attack the fat from all angles.
Good luck man, hope that gives you some ideas to help. As far as the nicotine, the only idea I can think of is vaping just flavored oil. I was able to just quit smoking green without too much of a problem but its different, I tried CBD, but eventually just moved on.

Hooper

Awards
Most days around 2,300 Cal's. Breakfast cup of cottage cheese and a fruit then pre workout on the way to the gym and eaa intra workout. I do John Meadows workouts. The rest of the day is meal 3 hours snack 3 hours meal 3 hours snack 3 hours meal. If I eat before bed it's protein a small amount. Meals 4-6 oz chicken or fish and 1 to 1 1-2 cups veggies or sweet potato. Snacks, shake and almonds or protein bar and a fruit. I take a multivitamin in morning also.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When is the last time you’ve taken a break from the gym? I know it sounds like the opposite of what you should do, but sometimes a week off from the gym can do wonders at resetting your body and getting back on track.

Hooper

Awards
Been about a year now. I have done one or two deload weeks over the past year.

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Take a week off working out and all supplements to help reset your body. Continue to eat healthy and throw in a cheat meal here and there. Use that week to de-stress and focus on a new routine in the gym and possibly change up your diet. There’s no one all diet that works for everyone so you just have to find what works best for you convenience wise with your life. For me, when trying to drop weight/fat, intermittent fasting really works best along with a lower carb diet. I used to go full CKD (Cyclic Ketogenic Diet) but that just doesn’t work with my life now days. I’m sure The Solution, BEAST83, and kjkitzman would love to chime in here :), they’ve helped a lot of people!

Hooper

Awards
I have some vacation coming this fall probably try it then. I already signed up at a gym for my first vacation. Thanks I been meaning to take a week off the supplements

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes please send it I will check it out
Dont check it out. Its just a sale pitch to steal your money. Just look at how long they been a member and only 3 post all slinging the same ad

Hooper

Awards
Question about radiate. I take a preworkout in the morning before my workout and I use to have a monster ultra when I got to work. I stopped the monster cause it was just to much. How is the radiate. Does it jack you up.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Question about radiate. I take a preworkout in the morning before my workout and I use to have a monster ultra when I got to work. I stopped the monster cause it was just to much. How is the radiate. Does it jack you up.
No, I do one Pill in the morning, 2 pills at lunch, and OG Powder with pre-workout and I'm fine. Just be prepared to sweat

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Radiate was a great stimulant product when I used it. I am a rare person who does not like to get too much of a stim feeling. Ironically, I have a somewhat high tolerance for a lot of stigma, but when I overdo it I hate the feeling.

Radiate hit hard enough that I noticed it, but not so hard it felt over done. It was perfect. Not sure if the formula has changed, I used it over a year ago.

Hooper

Awards
Thanks guys I will have it on the way this week

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hooper,congrats on quitting the nicotine,and your weight loss! What do your workout routine looks like 6 days a week?

Hooper

Awards
I follow John Meadows programs. I'm on week 12 of his Gamma Bomb right now. Next is his creaping death 2. Some of his workout are 5 days so I take Sundays off and the other off day I do cardio and abs.

Glow

Awards
I am not sure whether quitting nicotine has contributed to your problem. But as you say, 290 lbs is on the higher side and may not be good for your heart. Anything close to 220 will do. So I would still suggest that you reconsider your diet and the type of exercises you undertake. Also, find out the best way you can stack.