Stomach ulcer during cycle, can't eat

someonegood

Awards
I am on test 400, deca 225, eq 400 and have added 20 days injectable dbol 30mg but I have a stomach ulcer.
I have been prescribed omeprazole and am finding it hard to eat and have lost a few kgs, 3-4?

Anyone else had this?

If I eat high fat food or spicy food I throw up and get stomach acid that is high.

I eat high fat food to get enough cals and this is frustrating.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sorry your experiencing this. If I’m in your shoes, I would stop the cycle, extended fast, and take gut healing supplements until healed. L glutamine comes to mind, Don’t want to mess with the gut bro, it’s the foundation of health.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ditch the dbol for sure. Some methyls wreck my stomache. Can’t say I had an ulcer but yeah lots of methyls make my stomache not feel right. Probiotics definatley help me out some. Just seen you said injectable dbol so I guess it wouldn’t be a problem.

someonegood

Awards
Sorry your experiencing this. If I’m in your shoes, I would stop the cycle, extended fast, and take gut healing supplements until healed. L glutamine comes to mind, Don’t want to mess with the gut bro, it’s the foundation of health.
Thank you for your reply, I did a 2 day fast but stomach acid stayed high. I will start to make kimchi again if I can and I will make it mild as the probiotics and prebiotics can be good but what supps do you recommend?

It feels like such failure as I am over 100kg and wanted 110kg.

I have been 95-97kg lean doing keto with high fat and moderate protein and now to have to drop to some fat for cals and moderate protein is disappointing and my sleep has been bad too so I am not liking the idea of the pct though I recover fast and with low dose nolva

someonegood

Awards
Ditch the dbol for sure. Some methyls wreck my stomache. Can’t say I had an ulcer but yeah lots of methyls make my stomache not feel right. Probiotics definatley help me out some. Just seen you said injectable dbol so I guess it wouldn’t be a problem.
Oral dbol and drol make me lose appetite, I do notice on cycle I get higher bile levels as I can taste it if I throw up which i why I switched to injectable dbol and drol.

I prefer drol but I just wanted an extra to push up to 110 but it is hard.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If I was trying to put on size and I couldn't eat then first I would ditch all the usual suspects that make it harder to eat. If that didn't work I'd attempt to get more meals in liquid form or just any way that's reasonable and if that didn't work I would ditch everything and go back to my trt till whatever problem got solved.

Now if it is definitely a ulcer, your not going to fix it during your cycle, it can take 2-3 months to go away under perfect conditions. And sometimes they don't go away at all on there own.

At this point I would be eliminating all foods and beverages that irritate it, eliminate any foods that cause acid reflux. Add some probiotics, tea with honey and outside of whatever I'm eating to get my protein in, the rest of my food would come from non acidic fruits and vegetables. I'd probably increase my glutamine too.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
As bad as It might suck to pct and ditch the cycle, what would suck even more is if you waste 3 months worth of gear and make minimal or no progress because you can't eat and sleep enough or digest your food properly

someonegood

Awards
As bad as It might suck to pct and ditch the cycle, what would suck even more is if you waste 3 months worth of gear and make minimal or no progress because you can't eat and sleep enough or digest your food properly
About 3-5kg muscle kept and still a bit of issue eating, I am cutting a bit so lower fats.

I don't eat much acidic foods except tomato, glutamine does nothing, I know that some foods are bad. I don't eat chilli sauce much.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was on omep for years, takes a couple of days to quick in but crazy effective.

as above, I’d ditch the dbol and the usual food suspects (spicy food used to kill me). I just use keffir these days though (my issue was a hernia caused by excessive stomach acid and being a fat bastard, losing a lot of weight also helped me a lot)

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
Bro, if you're having ulcers, first of all, you need to go to your doctor rather than asking a bunch of random people on the internet.

Second, I have acid reflux from having an ulcer and I take Zegrid OTC, it works great. It has omeprazole, which is the same thing as Prilosec, a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) along with 1.1g of sodium bicarbonate. A lot of people have good success getting over acid reflux and other stuff by doing a 14 day course of that.

But if you're stomach is hurting here are a few other things you can take:
  • Ginger Root 500mg
  • Enteric Coated Peppermint Oil
  • Activated Charcoal
  • Gas-X
That combo works great when you're having stomach pain. Just drink a lot of water on it, and follow the mfg's recommend dosage (1 cap or 2 or w/e).

someonegood

Awards
Bro, if you're having ulcers, first of all, you need to go to your doctor rather than asking a bunch of random people on the internet.

Second, I have acid reflux from having an ulcer and I take Zegrid OTC, it works great. It has omeprazole, which is the same thing as Prilosec, a PPI (proton pump inhibitor) along with 1.1g of sodium bicarbonate. A lot of people have good success getting over acid reflux and other stuff by doing a 14 day course of that.

• Ginger Root 500mg
  • Activated Charcoal
  • Gas-X
That combo works great when you're having stomach pain. Just drink a lot of water on it, and follow the mfg's recommend dosage (1 cap or 2 or w/e).
PPI does nothing but make my tummy feel different. Sodium Bicarbonate I am not sure about, I know calcium carbonate is is heartburn relief but too much can cause bones being brittle.

Ginger is not for me, it causes sick feeling, it is too strong and I will throw up if I eat it, I imagine same for dried.

Charcoal might work, but using it too much it does take up vitamins too

someonegood

Awards

• Ginger Root 500mg
  • Activated Charcoal
  • Gas-X
40mg PPI does nothing for me

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
40mg PPI does nothing for me
Then you need to go see a gastroenterologist and have an endoscopy and colonoscopy ASAP brother. You have something serious going on that needs a doctors attention.

someonegood

Awards
Then you need to go see a gastroenterologist and have an endoscopy and colonoscopy ASAP brother. You have something serious going on that needs a doctors attention.
Just to clarify what I mean, it works a bit, but it makes my appetite go lower, my digestion slows and not to be gross but it makes my sht smell not healthy. When I go off, tummy acid/acidic pain and burping comes back.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
PPI does nothing but make my tummy feel different. Sodium Bicarbonate I am not sure about, I know calcium carbonate is is heartburn relief but too much can cause bones being brittle.

Ginger is not for me, it causes sick feeling, it is too strong and I will throw up if I eat it, I imagine same for dried.

Charcoal might work, but using it too much it does take up vitamins too
Calcium carbonate doesn't make your bones brittle. Where did you hear that? It's calcium, it's good for your bones. But when you take calcium carbonate, you're mostly taking the carbonate which is a base and should theoretically lower the pH level in your esophagus and stomach and reduce heart burn. Taking a lot of calcium carbonate can cause kidney stones though, but I read on examine.com that taking TUDCA can help break those up before they become a problem.

Here's one trick you could try: Buy some food grade potassium bicarbonate on Amazon, it's dirt cheap. Then mix 1/2 a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate and 1/2 teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate. It helps you burp and get that gas out from your GI tract.

If ginger is making you feel sick you're probably not taking enough water with it. I know if I take some and lay back, the capsule will burst open in my esophagus and it can be very painful and I have to take additional heartburn medicine to get rid of it.

If 550mg is too high a dose, you could try 250 with an 8oz glass of water and sit up straight after you take it.

Yeah, charcoal will inhibit the absorption of some things, but it's a really low dose at around 500mg, so it's not going to be taking up too much vitamins or anything like that, unless you're just sitting there popping tons of capsules (which is not recommended).

I still also recommend the enteric coated peppermint capsules, especially if you have trouble with ginger, because it has ginger oil, and again you need to sit up straight and take 2 caps with an 8oz glass of water to get it all the way down, or it can burst in your esophagus as well. But, because it's enteric coated, it shouldn't start releasing until it gets way down into your GI tract. I looked into peppermint oil extensively when I was having my stomach issuses, and I read a paper where they would operate on people's GI tract and spraying peppermint oil directly on it caused it to stop spasming.

My gastro doc actually put me on a drug that had belladonna and phenobarbital in it. It worked really well, so you could ask about that to temporarily help the pain while you wait to see the GI doc. It was called Donnatal.

Donnatal (belladonna alkaloids, phenobarbital) is a combination of an anticholinergic/antispasmodic drug and a barbiturate sedative used to treat abdominal pain, bloating and cramps in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Donnatal is also used to treat acute inflammation of the stomach and intestines (gastroenteritis) to reduce pain and diarrhea, and in patients with duodenal ulcer. Donnatal is available in generic form.
But, from the symptoms you're describing man, it sounds like you're really sick. You need to go see your doc and get a referral for a gastroenterologist. Because you have something serious going on.

I had a hole in my esophagus from drinking too much soda/coffee/acidic foods when I was younger and I had what was called displaced pain. The actual pain should have been in my throat and lower, but it actually hurt way down in my belly area, so I thought I had something wrong with my intestines. So, I went to a GI doc and had an endoscopy and that's how they found the hole there. I've been taking PPIs ever since.

I also take some kratom if my stomach is really hurting. I think there are some kratom sponsors on here you could check out. Kratom will just kill any stomach pain instantly. But is an opiate and you can become dependent on it, but it's not something that's going to ruin your life or anything. I know This Kratom Worx was a sponsor, I don't know if they still are.

There was also StraightUpKratom, but again, I have no idea if they're still sponsors.

Regardless, I think you're beyond the point of trying to treat yourself and you need to go get some professional help my friend.

EDIT: Updated the thread with a little more information.

Last edited:
CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
Just to clarify what I mean, it works a bit, but it makes my appetite go lower, my digestion slows and not to be gross but it makes my sht smell not healthy. When I go off, tummy acid/acidic pain and burping comes back.
Bro, I cannot emphasize this enough to you: YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR! You could have a food allergy, you could have crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis, irritable bowl syndrome, or god forbid, colon cancer, which is becoming more prevalent in younger people, as young as 30, or a myriad of other things going on. You aren't going to be able to treat the symptoms on your own you're describing. This is most likely not caused by the AAS you're taking, but by something else that's going on in your gut.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bro, I cannot emphasize this enough to you: YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR! You could have a food allergy, you could have crohn's disease, Ulcerative colitis, irritable bowl syndrome, or god forbid, colon cancer, which is becoming more prevalent in younger people, as young as 30, or a myriad of other things going on. You aren't going to be able to treat the symptoms on your own you're describing. This is most likely not caused by the AAS you're taking, but by something else that's going on in your gut.
He definitely saw his doctor, as he was prescribed Omeprazole.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
He definitely saw his doctor, as he was prescribed Omeprazole.
Oh, I must have missed that. That's a common first line medicine they will prescribe, it's a proton pump inhibitor which stops your stomach from producing too much acid. But if that's not working, he needs to go back and tell them. The symptoms he's describing are very serious, IMO.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
one thing that is interesting about acid reflux and acid burps is that it can be a histamine response. that's why pepsid is an h2 blocker. maybe try some pepsid for releif.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
agreed, I was only using 20mg omep for acid reflux worsened by a hernia and it took everything away

someonegood

Awards
one thing that is interesting about acid reflux and acid burps is that it can be a histamine response. that's why pepsid is an h2 blocker. maybe try some pepsid for releif.
That is interesting, I do have (Yes I know how fcking stupid it is) allergic COPD from smoking weed and ignoring the allergy and smoking through it. Taking big hits opens the lungs and pushes the stomach so maybe my tummy is also allergic?

I use inhalers thanks to my stupidity.

I wonder about using histamine blockers to help breathing but I need to ask a doctor first..

someonegood

Awards
Oh, I must have missed that. That's a common first line medicine they will prescribe, it's a proton pump inhibitor which stops your stomach from producing too much acid. But if that's not working, he needs to go back and tell them. The symptoms he's describing are very serious, IMO.
My father uses/has used the ppi too so it is a genetic thing the sensitive stomach, I do not drink alchohol.

I do use shilajit which is quite strong, anybody here use it? If someone here does they will know that is is a thick tar like goo with humic and fulvic acid.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That is interesting, I do have (Yes I know how fcking stupid it is) allergic COPD from smoking weed and ignoring the allergy and smoking through it. Taking big hits opens the lungs and pushes the stomach so maybe my tummy is also allergic?

I wonder about using histamine blockers to help breathing but I need to ask a doctor first..
there's also natural antihistamines like curcumin and quercetin which might be safer if you're gonna have interactions

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
Allergies don't work like that. How much weed are you smoking and are you buying it from a dispensery or do you still live in a state where it's illegal?

There are different kind of antihistamines. There are the first generation antihistamines that block the H1 histamine receptor, like diphenhydramine (Benadryl). That keeps your nose from running, your eyes from watering and itching, but it does nothing for your breathing. Then, there is the H2 histamine receptor, one thing it controls is the amount of acid your stomach produces. However, this is an older class of drugs like Prevacid or Zantec treat. It works well for some people, but, they have mostly been replaced by the PPI (proton pump inhibitor) drugs because they work so much better.

Then, there are the generation 2 antihistamines like Zyzal (Levocetirizine), which is supposed to be the latest and the greatest. This again, has nothing to do with breathing, but just keeps your nose from running, eyes from watering, itching, sneezing, etc. The generation 1 antihistamines last about 4 hours, while the gen 2 last 24 hours. But, they don't always work for everyone, and I personally buy bottles of Benadryl in the bottle of a 600/ct amount because I have such bad allergies and I'm taking them all the time.

As you can see, there are literally dozens of different type 1 and 2 antihistamines (and they're even working on H3 and H4 blockers, although I don't know what those do). Wikipedia wouldn't let me copy a link to this box, so I just took a screen shot.

Some antihistamines work better for some people (both for H1 and H2) and some don't work at all. It's a genetic factor based on your Cytochrome P450 aka CYP receptors in your liver and if you have more of one certain type of enzyme that breaks down a drug, or one that allows it to work, or one that makes it work for a shorter period of time and breaks it down, or one that lasts longer than it should. The only current way to determine your CYP enzyme makeup is a very expensive DNA test.

What's going to help you with your breathing are drugs like Mucinex (Guaifenesin), which is an expectorant that breaks up the phlegm in your lungs and lets you cough it out. Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) or Bronkaid (ephedrine), these are vasoconstriction & bronchodilator drugs that cause the blood vessels in your lungs and nasal passages to shrink so you can breath around the heavy mucous flow. They also open your airways more to let you breath and take in more oxygen.

Did you say you were using an inhaler? There are either two types of drugs in that an inhaler, a bronchodilator like Ventolin (albuterol) or a glucocorticoid (cortisone based steroid - a catabolic compound that is doing the opposite of what you want your AAS to do and raises your overall blood cortisol levels). That's not to say you should stop using it if it's working for you. I have to use a product called Flonase, which is a glucocorticoid steroid I have to squirt up my nose. Last time I had my cortisol levels checked, they were high. But, I also have eczema and have to use yet another glucocorticoid steroid to apply to my scalp and facial hair to keep it from itching and cracking.

Now, I also saw you say you smoke a lot of weed? If that's not something you're willing to give up, have you considered switching to marijuana vapes or edibles? Marijuana has more tar than a cigarette, no matter how you smoke it. I don't know if this is an area of discussion that is allowed on this forum, but I'll just throw this out there and say you would do much better with a vape product if it's legal in your state, as it's a simple blend of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, a flavoring agent and then THC with very little CBD, with the THC levels being around 99%. Of course, if you live in a state that has legalized marijuana, you have more options, but I would highly consider trying that instead of smoking the plant itself.

CubsFan312

CubsFan312

Awards
there's also natural antihistamines like curcumin and quercetin which might be safer if you're gonna have interactions
That's true, but unless you have really mild allergies, they are not going to work as well as the drugs. Btw, fun fact of the day, I was reading about bioperine on examine.com and it said it increased the bioavailability of curcumin 2000%. So, you if you use curcumin, you definitely want to buy a combo product with bioperine or buy it separately and take the two together.

2 Enterohepatic Effects
Piperine is known for changing metabolism of various drugs and supplements, most notably increasing curcumin bioavailability by 2000%.[2] It affects metabolism by both intestinal absorption as well as downregulating or inhibiting phase II detoxification enzymes and the glucuronidation process in the liver.[3] It may also contribute to increase absorption by slowing intestinal transit rate and thus prolonging the time said compounds are exposed to the potential uptake.[4]
https://examine.com/supplements/black-pepper/research/#gastric-and-systemic-effects

Look into a product called Now Respir-All. It was impossible to find when COVID first blew up. But it has:

Vitamin C (from Magnesium Ascorbate) 500 mg 556%
Vitamin B-6 (from Pyridoxine HCl) 20 mg 1176%
Pantothenic Acid (from Calcium
Pantothenate) 100 mg 2000%
Calcium (from Calcium Carbonate
and Calcium Pantothenate) 85 mg 7%
Magnesium (from Magnesium Ascorbate) 40 mg 10%
Zinc (from L-OptiZinc® Monomethionine) 10 mg 91%
Quercetin (from Quercetin Dihydrate) 800 mg †
Nettle Extract (Urtica dioica) (Leaf) 500 mg †
Bromelain (2400 GDU/g) 435 mg †
Licorice Root Extract (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 200 mg
And is a very good product for breathing and allergies.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's true, but unless you have really mild allergies, they are not going to work as well as the drugs. Btw, fun fact of the day, I was reading about bioperine on examine.com and it said it increased the bioavailability of curcumin 2000%. So, you if you use curcumin, you definitely want to buy a combo product with bioperine or buy it separately and take the two together.

https://examine.com/supplements/black-pepper/research/#gastric-and-systemic-effects

Look into a product called Now Respir-All. It was impossible to find when COVID first blew up. But it has:

And is a very good product for breathing and allergies.
I like Helios 100 by Apex alchemy (transdermal curcumin)

someonegood

Awards
Allergies don't work like that. How much weed are you smoking and are you buying it from a dispensery or do you still live in a state where it's illegal?

There are different kind of antihistamines. There are the first generation antihistamines that block the H1 histamine receptor, like diphenhydramine (Benadryl). That keeps your nose from running, your eyes from watering and itching, but it does nothing for your breathing. Then, there is the H2 histamine receptor, one thing it controls is the amount of acid your stomach produces. However, this is an older class of drugs like Prevacid or Zantec treat. It works well for some people, but, they have mostly been replaced by the PPI (proton pump inhibitor) drugs because they work so much better.

Then, there are the generation 2 antihistamines like Zyzal (Levocetirizine), which is supposed to be the latest and the greatest. This again, has nothing to do with breathing, but just keeps your nose from running, eyes from watering, itching, sneezing, etc. The generation 1 antihistamines last about 4 hours, while the gen 2 last 24 hours. But, they don't always work for everyone, and I personally buy bottles of Benadryl in the bottle of a 600/ct amount because I have such bad allergies and I'm taking them all the time.

As you can see, there are literally dozens of different type 1 and 2 antihistamines (and they're even working on H3 and H4 blockers, although I don't know what those do). Wikipedia wouldn't let me copy a link to this box, so I just took a screen shot.

Some antihistamines work better for some people (both for H1 and H2) and some don't work at all. It's a genetic factor based on your Cytochrome P450 aka CYP receptors in your liver and if you have more of one certain type of enzyme that breaks down a drug, or one that allows it to work, or one that makes it work for a shorter period of time and breaks it down, or one that lasts longer than it should. The only current way to determine your CYP enzyme makeup is a very expensive DNA test.

What's going to help you with your breathing are drugs like Mucinex (Guaifenesin), which is an expectorant that breaks up the phlegm in your lungs and lets you cough it out. Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) or Bronkaid (ephedrine), these are vasoconstriction & bronchodilator drugs that cause the blood vessels in your lungs and nasal passages to shrink so you can breath around the heavy mucous flow. They also open your airways more to let you breath and take in more oxygen.

Did you say you were using an inhaler? There are either two types of drugs in that an inhaler, a bronchodilator like Ventolin (albuterol) or a glucocorticoid (cortisone based steroid - a catabolic compound that is doing the opposite of what you want your AAS to do and raises your overall blood cortisol levels). That's not to say you should stop using it if it's working for you. I have to use a product called Flonase, which is a glucocorticoid steroid I have to squirt up my nose. Last time I had my cortisol levels checked, they were high. But, I also have eczema and have to use yet another glucocorticoid steroid to apply to my scalp and facial hair to keep it from itching and cracking.

Now, I also saw you say you smoke a lot of weed? If that's not something you're willing to give up, have you considered switching to marijuana vapes or edibles? Marijuana has more tar than a cigarette, no matter how you smoke it. I don't know if this is an area of discussion that is allowed on this forum, but I'll just throw this out there and say you would do much better with a vape product if it's legal in your state, as it's a simple blend of Propylene Glycol, Vegetable Glycerine, a flavoring agent and then THC with very little CBD, with the THC levels being around 99%. Of course, if you live in a state that has legalized marijuana, you have more options, but I would highly consider trying that instead of smoking the plant itself.
Weed, grown by me, England. but not now as there is no point as I get itchy just touching the plants, I would like some blue cheese though :l

Thank you for your suggestions, I don't trust the medical system but I will be seeing an allergy specialist as I don't want to live with allergies, would be nice to be able to enjoy weed but I think I won't be doing that so nvm.

Inhalers I use are Fostair (Beclametasone and Formotoerol) and Salbutamol.

I have eczema too, my reason for stopping weed aswell, my scalp gets itchy and I don't want to scratch my head like I have nits.

I can't even vape weed now, not without getting throat itching like allergy to food and it worsens by eczema. It is interesting about the tar as weed has been shown to have heavy anti cancer effects, the tar is not the same. Weed has terpenes which are healthy, that fact that I am allergic to weed is sad for me and I like it.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Weed, grown by me, England. but not now as there is no point as I get itchy just touching the plants, I would like some blue cheese though :l

Thank you for your suggestions, I don't trust the medical system but I will be seeing an allergy specialist as I don't want to live with allergies, would be nice to be able to enjoy weed but I think I won't be doing that so nvm.

I have eczema too, my reason for stopping weed aswell, my scalp gets itchy and I don't want to scratch my head like I have nits.

I can't even vape weed now, not without getting throat itching like allergy to food and it worsens by eczema. It is interesting about the tar as weed has been shown to have heavy anti cancer effects, the tar is not the same. Weed has terpenes which are healthy, that fact that I am allergic to weed is sad for me and I like it.
Try antihistamine

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

that sucks. you could try delta8 or edibles.