Stocks

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If there is a certain amount of failed to delivers you get put on the list, the SEC acknowledges there may be a potential of abusive practices such as naked shorting. There may be a process if it makes the list a certain amount of days then a 13 day process triggers that the failure of delivers need to be proven to be covered or something like that (going by memory)

At minumum it shows the AMC Apes potentially are not tin foils Apes and that the government is also concerned about naked shorting this stock.
Just to add what I mean by proven or covered, this is specifically the brokerages not the hedge-funds.

Also keep in mind there are other types of failure to delivers, legal reasons but being on the threshold is a red alarm of other things such the potential of naked shorts due to the large amount and having it happen on more than a couple of days. (no source, but verify everything I said it may be inaccurate but should be about the gist of it)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
But that fine doesn't include anything for halting gamestop trading right?
i believe it is .. sorry it wasnt the full article .. but heres the jist of it

"FINRA — a self-regulatory organization that oversees brokerage firms and their registered representatives — said it fined Robinhood $57 million and ordered the stock trading app to pay nearly $13 million in restitution to thousands of clients. "

source CNBC

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Robinhood is fined $70 million over misleading customers and system outages.

i think its slap on the wrist fine .
LOL, and we the ones who suffered because of it do we get a penny from that? NO (unless I missed something because Im not a subscriber to the NYT)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LOL, and we the ones who suffered because of it do we get a penny from that? NO (unless I missed something because Im not a subscriber to the NYT)
it says - restitution of 13mil will be spread around

i didnt had GME in that account ..so i dont expect anything .. but hopefully those who did will get some extra.

Reactions: ax1
BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Looks like the article is more specific to options trading. They allowed people to trade margins and options who shouldn't... and one guy killed himself.

No mention of gamestop

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it says - restitution of 13mil will be spread around

i didnt had GME in that account ..so i dont expect anything .. but hopefully those who did will get some extra.
I lost about 5-6k between amc and gme around that time because I’d the stoppages.

Luckily I just found out I’ll get about a dollar for my losses, and then for sure I have to pay tax on that dollar lol

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

saw someone posted this on reddit .. hopefully its for what we all have been waiting for

im still a hard head, where i gotta see it to believe it :)

hopefully this money is put aside for apes

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Trey goes in for procedure tommorow ( i think ), how awesome would it be if margin call was to happen tommorow if not 5-10% gain day in honor of Trey would be amazing

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Trey goes in for procedure tommorow ( i think ), how awesome would it be if margin call was to happen tommorow if not 5-10% gain day in honor of Trey would be amazing
I think his surgery was today.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've been trying to learn more about s&p 500 index/etf investments and its even more complicated. The goal is to start investing for my kids. Anyone also investing in these as opposed to single company stocks?

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been trying to learn more about s&p 500 index/etf investments and its even more complicated. The goal is to start investing for my kids. Anyone also investing in these as opposed to single company stocks?
I play with some industry specific ETF's but when you look at the list of holdings, it always seems like Half are turd stocks. And picking a small select list of your own might be better.

Cathie Wood with ARK has a bunch of ETFs that dominates 2020, but have been slumping since March 2021. Coming back lately.

I always look at ETF holdings for names I like...

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

my kid is 2years old .. i put all his gift $ in stocks

apple is always a good bet - they avg doing a split every 4-5year which tells you the growth

Clou < is a nice etf
vnq - real estate etf
voo - s&p 500 etf

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
my kid is 2years old .. i put all his gift $ in stocks

apple is always a good bet - they avg doing a split every 4-5year which tells you the growth

Clou < is a nice etf
vnq - real estate etf
voo - s&p 500 etf

I put money into ARKK for tech etf, and into ICLN for dopey green energy etf because of the Biden push. We shall see. So far in the red.

There is a decent lithium etf called LIT if you want to be involved with EV batteries.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What Ive learned this year from various influencers on youtube is that etf's are good if you dont have time, but if you really want to make money put in dd and buy what they are buying.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What Ive learned this year from various influencers on youtube is that etf's are good if you dont have time, but if you really want to make money put in dd and buy what they are buying.
Buy what who are buying?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I play with some industry specific ETF's but when you look at the list of holdings, it always seems like Half are turd stocks. And picking a small select list of your own might be better.

Cathie Wood with ARK has a bunch of ETFs that dominates 2020, but have been slumping since March 2021. Coming back lately.

I always look at ETF holdings for names I like...
It wasnt really "ark" slumping, that was the entire growth stocks slumping as a whole.

I did have a few ARK's at the time but then the more I learned about stocks I let go of them and just bought stocks.

Leveraged ETF's 2x and 3x are interesting but get really risky, but if your good and time a "bear" 3x you can either balance out your losses or make a crap done of money shorting the stock market the easy way. I never played that game though as Im still a newbie, but imagine having bear 3x for various sectors as covid hit?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Buy what who are buying?
For example, several ARK's were a huge succes last year, a big part of that reason was they they were heavily weighted on Tesla.....you could have just bought Tesla and made much more. And maybe find a few other top stocks on their list to diversify. You can look up what they invest in.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
For 401k long term type stuff, when you look at the names inside each fund its most of the same.... Facebook, apple, Amazon, m-soft, tesla, etc.

I found a consumer discretionary fund to try and diversify, called FCNAX. I liked the names of holdings, and keeps too many eggs out of one basket.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I read the Tony Robbins Master your Money book about two years ago, it’s great at covering a lot of topics for beginners. I found it to be an unbiased discussion on the pros and cons of all the things you can do with your money to hopefully make more money. Investing in index funds and dollar cost averaging was the biggest take away I got from it. I decided to start investing in a Vanguard index fund VTI, and it has been growing steady. If I had invested my whole portfolio into that rather than the other stocks I hear about, I’d probably have about 25-30% more gains right now.

You actually inspired me to re-read that book and start investing my kids birthday and Christmas money for them.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just buy your kid some amc lol

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Robinhood is fined $70 million over misleading customers and system outages.

i think its slap on the wrist fine .
None of this fine is related to the January events... this is 100% stuff from the options/margin trading mess they made in march... so yeah, nobody is gonna see anything from the GME/AMC debacle outside of an actual squeeze... apparently FINRA/SEC are jus gonna continue to ignore that whole thing... that "trial" was such a joke (although hilarious and empowering for the apes when DFV doubled down after blatantly mocking congress haha)

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
lol same .. 50 stonks @ 8.97 avg .. his i wont avg up .. letting it ride .. either he goes to college or he stays home lol
lol
Mine will not get loans. They will either have a blessing through AMC, or they'll go to the military to get it paid for (or I guess a sports scholarship)!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yawn. The longer they keep us in the 50s, the easier it gets to hold, and just not pay attention to the price.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Hindsight... I wish I would have gotten out of Robinhood a couple weeks ago...

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
100% percent of my stocks are all red!!!!
The good news is that they were just fined 70 million....and although its a slap on the wrist compared to how much they saved, being that they are also wanting to go IPO there is a less likely chance they will screw you than a few months ago.

You do want to strategize limit sells on that platform, they kind of hide it a little. And keep in mind if your selling in a massive dump from a short you dont want to get yourself caught putting in a limit sell and the stock dumping past it so figure out your minimum when you sell. At least you wont get caught with anything under that.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you'll be fine on Robbing the Hood. They just may not let you buy. If you want to hold, and sell high, they will allow that.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not really sure what limit buying is.
Lol, me neither..

Honestly, I can watch this all day every day. I plan on selling when I'm ready. Not going to set any sells up. Maybe a few, but not many.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not really sure what limit buying is.
Oh derp, now I know what you wrote lol. Yeah, you can sell if they halt buying.
LOL it's amazing what stocks have done to normal language.

Jokes aside, I might not understand something. If Robinhood *limits* buying, but we can sell, who are we selling to?

Edit: I must've eaten too much sugar as I'm still laughing at limit buying...lol

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Lol, @GreenMachineX we're all leaning on the fly!!
These past 5 months for me have been crazy!! I've learned so much, but I still can't completely wrap my head around some of this stuff!!

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL it's amazing what stocks have done to normal language.

Jokes aside, I might not understand something. If Robinhood *limits* buying, but we can sell, who are we selling to?

Edit: I must've eaten too much sugar as I'm still laughing at limit buying...lol
Whoever buys it on the other end on other platforms that werent effected by the buy limits. And of course the hedgefunds pulling the trigger for the limits arent limiting their own purchasing abilities.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Whoever buys it on the other end on other platforms that werent effected by the buy limits. And of course the hedgefunds pulling the trigger for the limits arent limiting their own purchasing abilities.
Oh gotcha. I just assumed buying and selling only happened on a particular exchange, not cross exchanges. So it is like cross-play Warzone!