Staying Hydrated Question

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I work in landscaping so the summers get brutal. Looking for any tips on staying hydrated to benefit workouts?

I drink 85 oz of water every day and am thinking of upping that, I also use himilayan salt preworkout. I try to stay in the shade when I can but that’s not always possible. Without fail once or twice each summer it’s so brutal at work and after two days of work and a workout I wake up feeling like a bus ran over me. It’s a terrible feeling, and will take about 2 days to recover and my workouts are terrible.

What’s your tips on staying hydrated to benefit workouts.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I work in landscaping so the summers get brutal. Looking for any tips on staying hydrated to benefit workouts?

I drink 85 oz of water every day and am thinking of upping that, I also use himilayan salt preworkout. I try to stay in the shade when I can but that’s not always possible. Without fail once or twice each summer it’s so brutal at work and after two days of work and a workout I wake up feeling like a bus ran over me. It’s a terrible feeling, and will take about 2 days to recover and my workouts are terrible.

What’s your tips on staying hydrated to benefit workouts.
You'll need more water than that.

There were a couple of good threads going about this. I'll see if I can link one or two.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm an office guy now and drink more water than you lol. When I was in the field I drank double what your drinking now.... Not that I'm saying double your water intake, but you definitely need more than you're drinking now.

That bus feeling has little to do with hydration and all to do with the fact that sometimes your body just can't recover from workload plus workout

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Minimum daily water intake in ounces - body weight/2

For hydration, add:

1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon glycerin

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Minimum daily water intake in ounces - body weight/2

For hydration, add:

1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon glycerin
That's not a lot of water for a outdoor labor job

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's not a lot of water for a outdoor labor job
Agreed. "Minimum daily" = means the general formula for everyone. Outdoor positions would need more, much more. I used to drink more like body weight/1.4, and I was not working outdoors. But, I did take a lot of trips to the bathroom.

FloridaMan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Agreed. "Minimum daily" = means the general formula for everyone. Outdoor positions would need more, much more. I used to drink more like body weight/1.4, and I was not working outdoors. But, I did take a lot of trips to the bathroom.
Same here lol, but so long as it's not like every 30 minutes frequent bathroom breaks aren't bad... The lasix I take for BP makes me go probably 4-5 times in 2 hours, then tappers off to normal human amounts. I'd switch to an ace inhibitor or something, but my bp wasn't THAT bad, and also having that extra water flushed makes me sexy hahaha