135x8
115x10

Chins
35x6
25x7
5x9

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
Even more sick lmfao. Bench pressing with a head cold is so dangerous. I don't think the bar touched my chest in the same place once and I practically jm pressed my 230 lbs bench two or three times

Bp
275x6 (very impressed with this given how sick I feel)
250x8
230x10

Db curl
70x6
60x8
50x10

Dip
70x6
60x8
50x8

Pendlay rows
240x4
215x7
195x9

Some extra chins and dips

By that last set I wasn't feelin the greatest. Good workout all in all. Happy to be resting

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Even more sick lmfao. Bench pressing with a head cold is so dangerous. I don't think the bar touched my chest in the same place once and I practically jm pressed my 230 lbs bench two or three times Bp 275x6 (very impressed with this given how sick I feel) 250x8 230x10 Db curl 70x6 60x8 50x10 Dip 70x6 60x8 50x8 Pendlay rows 240x4 215x7 195x9 Some extra chins and dips By that last set I wasn't feelin the greatest. Good workout all in all. Happy to be resting
Good lord man! I hate JM presses lol more because they aren't staples but I'd rather Jefferson Squat lol.

Man you've been sick a lot lately you ok?

Awesome the workout was still good though

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
Good lord man! I hate JM presses lol more because they aren't staples but I'd rather Jefferson Squat lol.

Man you've been sick a lot lately you ok?

Awesome the workout was still good though
Yeah, bud, thanks for checking up. I have no idea why I keep getting sick so close to midterms. Not that this really does anything, but I think I've eaten 20 oranges in the past 2 days (Vitamin C, like everything else, needs time to build up in the body). Placebo effect or not, I feel a bit better. I was super proud of myself for getting that 275 for 6 when I felt literally like crap. I even paused that last rep.

How about you? You're still training, yeah? I haven't seen you post in your log for awhile. Start it on up again, bud.

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
hour of stretching.

This sickness has now taken a toll on me. I would be VERY surprised if I could do my progression today.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, bud, thanks for checking up. I have no idea why I keep getting sick so close to midterms. Not that this really does anything, but I think I've eaten 20 oranges in the past 2 days (Vitamin C, like everything else, needs time to build up in the body). Placebo effect or not, I feel a bit better. I was super proud of myself for getting that 275 for 6 when I felt literally like crap. I even paused that last rep.

How about you? You're still training, yeah? I haven't seen you post in your log for awhile. Start it on up again, bud.
Yea man, gotta stay at it and hoping to do some pretty crazy things come summer. I want to start it back up but my dedication to it fell hard working so much but I may start keeping back at it. I think it goes a good ways in terms of motivation and accountability.

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
Wow...All I can say is wow. I can't believe today worked as well as it did.

MP
160x6
140x8
120x10

Pistol Squat (I have to say that these hurt more and are harder than any back squat/front squat I've ever done, but then again I'm a heavier guy)
ALMOST unassistedx4
assistedx6
Benchx10

Chin Up
40x6
25x8
5x8

Time for the pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNimLIg06bM

Push Ups (w/ stands)x25 s/s Shoulder Iso Flies 8-8 x2

Painful stuff, and that was it.
The movement: I hear you, bud. Life > Working out, am I right? I don't understand how people take those who literally live and breath fitness/aesthetic (there was even this one homeless body builder and everyone was like WHOA WHAT DEDICATION) and then put them on a pedestal, AND THEN go on to feel bad about their work ethic. As if they're not dedicated because they don't want to spend 15+ hours in the gym each weak or spend $100+ on their food bills lol. Fitness is apart of your life, not your life, right? It'll be waiting for you when you have the time. Until then I hope you're eating alright/doing a little something here and there.

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
The sleep deprivation, sickness, stress, and bad diet (really just yesterday) finally caught up to me. Very tired today, very run down

Bench Press
280x5
255x8
235x8

db Curl
75x5
60x8
50x8

Dip
75x6
65x8
55x8

Pendlay Row (I was so tired I knew I wasn't going to get a new PR here
240x4
215x7
195x8

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
Pistol squat (new approach, Volume)
25 lightly assisted reps. So hard.

MP
165x6
145x8
125x10

Chin up
45x4
25x8
5x8
BWx2x5

And abs.

Getting close to the big boy weights again.

--My Gf's W/O--
DB Standing OHP
12.5x10
15x2x10

DB Rows
25x10
30x2x9,10

Hammer Curl
5x2x10
7.5x10

OH extensions
15x10
12.5x2x10

DB Chest Press
15x3x10

100 squats BW

and abs

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow...All I can say is wow. I can't believe today worked as well as it did.

MP
160x6
140x8
120x10

Pistol Squat (I have to say that these hurt more and are harder than any back squat/front squat I've ever done, but then again I'm a heavier guy)
ALMOST unassistedx4
assistedx6
Benchx10

Chin Up
40x6
25x8
5x8

Time for the pump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNimLIg06bM

Push Ups (w/ stands)x25 s/s Shoulder Iso Flies 8-8 x2

Painful stuff, and that was it.
The movement: I hear you, bud. Life > Working out, am I right? I don't understand how people take those who literally live and breath fitness/aesthetic (there was even this one homeless body builder and everyone was like WHOA WHAT DEDICATION) and then put them on a pedestal, AND THEN go on to feel bad about their work ethic. As if they're not dedicated because they don't want to spend 15+ hours in the gym each weak or spend $100+ on their food bills lol. Fitness is apart of your life, not your life, right? It'll be waiting for you when you have the time. Until then I hope you're eating alright/doing a little something here and there.
Man you hit the nail on the head! Its the part of life that keeps me sane and the results are a great benefit.

Pistol squats seem to be getting better what did ya change? Glad ya got time for your GF atleast lol

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
So I'm bench pressing (on a crappy crooked bar) and I set up just perfectly so I'd have no problems. I ask this guy for a spot. The second I put my hands on the bar he tried to lift it over my chest before I was even ready. So I tell him to chill. THEN, this ****ing ass hole TWIST THE BAR IN MY HAND so that it rolls back in my hand therefore ****ing up my wrists. I get 280 for 5 like this and I rest for my 6th rep and he tries to rerack (put the weight back on the j hook) the barbell but I have to fight to keep it in position, therefore getting me out of my back arch so now I'm unstable. I tell him no 3x before he stops trying to rack it and then I bench press at a weird angle, but it would've gone up, AND THEN HE ****ING LIFTS THE WEIGHT WITHOUT ME ASKING HIM TO, AND HE DOES THIS BY LIFTING ONE SIDE HIGHER THAN THE OTHER. I'd like to believe there's a special place in hell for these incompetent ass holes.

BP
280x6 (and I'm counting it as 6 because if I could bench 280 after fighting off some ass hole trying to rerack it for 5seconds with an extremely uneven push id say if my spotter wasn't the duke of douche and a proud member of the global stupid club I would've been fine.)
260x8 (I had a petite girl spot me for this exercise and she did a damn good job)
235x9

My shoulder felt awful and it felt like I ripped my abdomen or had an extreme cramp after I lost my back arch

Db curls
70x6
60x 8
55x8

From there I just did some light superset because of how my shoulder a stomach felt

Push downs and lat pull downs

Done. Midterm in t-2 days, and the guy in the math help Center was so bad lol. I'm just 10/10 pissed today.

ShutUpNdSkwat

Awards
wednesday:
New gym and they have much thicker bars then I'm used to, so the weight went down a bit.

MP
170x3 (this is when I knew that the weight was going to need to go down until I got used to the much thicker bars)
135x8
115x10

Chin Up
40x6
25x8
5x10

My knees were pretty messed up (probably from the pistol squats) so I didn't do legs because walking was painful.

friday:

BP
270x6
250x8
230x10

Pendlay Row
240x5 (finally improvement)
215x8
195x10

Dip
80x6
70x8
55x10

Accessories: (every exercise has 60 seconds of rest between sets)
BB Curl
75x4x10

MP
115x10, 9
95x6
45x9

Single Leg Leg Press
1 PPSx4x10 as deep as possible.

My gym finally has even bars (one side isn't heavier than the other) and power racks, so I'm stopping pistol squats and going back to back/front squats.