Stay on trt yes or no?

P

Pipedaddy

Awards
I was not sleeping well stressed out brain foggy and no sex drive or wanted to just didnt have the power for it. Was still in very good shape and strong however. So decided to look into TRT to feel better and keep a good sexual relationship. I talked to a few outfits and signed up on one. Had blood tested and saw their docter. I had 613 ng total 75 free and 42 estrogen. He said I was in the25th percentile and could stand to improve Im 51yrs old I admit I feel much better after about 4 months but question if I made the right move for the long run. As I cant help but feel as though I am cheating in life or setting myself up for a fall later. Since their are so many men that almost have no choice to be on trt to have a normal life. Those that had half or less than I had I would like to see some of your opinions.

A

Ase_james

Awards
I was not sleeping well stressed out brain foggy and no sex drive or wanted to just didnt have the power for it. Was still in very good shape and strong however. So decided to look into TRT to feel better and keep a good sexual relationship. I talked to a few outfits and signed up on one. Had blood tested and saw their docter. I had 613 ng total 75 free and 42 estrogen. He said I was in the25th percentile and could stand to improve Im 51yrs old I admit I feel much better after about 4 months but question if I made the right move for the long run. As I cant help but feel as though I am cheating in life or setting myself up for a fall later. Since their are so many men that almost have no choice to be on trt to have a normal life. Those that had half or less than I had I would like to see some of your opinions.
I'm 40 and was in the mid 400's. Different numbers but similar story, there is no particular number... if youve been much higher in the past and now at your current number, you feel less of a man. Then why not take advantage of it?
No, neither of us are clinically deficient as in can't live a normal life. But its not like there's a testosterone shortage. If you can afford a trt clinic, why not feet better?

I say screw it, i only live once and i want to bang my way through it!

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What were your ranges for your total T, free T and estrogen?

C

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
I had similar levels to you – I am currently 51 years old and I’ve been TRT for the last year and a half. A free testosterone score of 75 is actually quite abysmal– and your doctor was wise to put you on testosterone. You were not cheating – and believe me, I had similar thoughts about if I made the right move for almost a full year or so – until I did more research and found out all the health benefits associated with normal and optimized testosterone. Also – I feel better than I have ever felt – my free testosterone range is somewhere between 150 and 280 – no regrets at all – and if you are low at 51– it’s only going to go downhill from there. Why subject yourself to further loss of body mass, libido, not to mention all of the other health problems associated with low T? Welcome to the club brother – just be safe, get your blood test done regularly and enjoy new health and renewed zest for life

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Had about 250-320 all my life so yeah Im not cheating at all. I feel I gained partially something that was denied from me that shouldnt in the first place.

J

jrb_062

Awards
My goodness I'm 30 and mine is 350-450 depending on the range... :(

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check your testosterone age with this chart
IMG_4376.JPG

S

sarge40

Awards
If you were diabetic and your only option were to take insulin, would that be cheating in life or setting yourself up for a fall? There are definitely different things you need to monitor and be mindful of on TRT, but to me it is the same philosophy. If you are hormonally deficient, you do something about it and feel better, or you don't do something and you suffer the adverse health effects (hypogonadism is linked to various health issues beyond just feeling like crap). I say stick with it. It has literally been life-changing for me.

That being said, your total T was decent, but clearly your E2 looked to be on the higher end of normal and free T on the lower end. Did you ever check SHBG? High SHBG will result in lower free T, which is more important than total T numbers.

T

thebraingaz

Awards
Your not cheating in life, these drugs have been developed to improve your life, take advantage of them, your not a competing athlete trying to get an edge, I’ve been on trt for almost 3 years, I’m not coming off

C

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Damn mine is so low im not even on the chart...just had bloods done and got a total test of 205ng/dl. I just turned 31. Pretty sure the doc is gunna put me on trt
Go on TRT bro. Those levels are not healthy. Make sure you get a good doctor who knows the protocol and do your research. You want Testosterone shots, plus HCG, plus an Aromatase inhibitor. If they are not up on that then book yourself an appointment with Defy Medical.

T

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
Go on TRT bro. Those levels are not healthy. Make sure you get a good doctor who knows the protocol and do your research. You want Testosterone shots, plus HCG, plus an Aromatase inhibitor. If they are not up on that then book yourself an appointment with Defy Medical.
What is defy medical?

S

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is defy medical?
Defy is a place that specializes in TRT. Personally I don’t know anything about them. A few guys on here use Entourage Medical. They are a tele-medicine office and I think it’s around $150 a month for you tele-med appointments and your meds.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Defy is a place that specializes in TRT. Personally I don’t know anything about them. A few guys on here use Entourage Medical. They are a tele-medicine office and I think it’s around $150 a month for you tele-med appointments and your meds.
Defy Medical is out of Florida and is a TRT treatment clinic.

Our board sponsor Entourage Medical is out of Tulsa and is also a TRT clinic. With Entourage you get all medications and supplies in a bi-monthly shipment and can access Dr Henry at ANY time via telephone, text, or FB message.

https://entouragehormones.com/pricing/

P

pracata

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recommend Entourage Medical. They have the pro plan at a good price and DR Henry seems like a really nice person. He actually called me at night (around 9:30pm) to help me out.ive never meet a doctor who would call to help out and give advice at night

C

Cycloman

Awards
  • Established
Great info – I had no idea that entourage was the board sponsor. I read great reviews about them. Very thankful that there are organizations like this that can help with men’s functional health issues because lord knows most doctors are completely clueless.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great info – I had no idea that entourage was the board sponsor. I read great reviews about them. Very thankful that there are organizations like this that can help with men’s functional health issues because lord knows most doctors are completely clueless.
Say what? I must not be posting in enough threads! Lol

Entourage Medical
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=340

T

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
Thank you so much guys for the help finding someone to help me. I wrote entourage just now and hope to hear from them soon!

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you so much guys for the help finding someone to help me. I wrote entourage just now and hope to hear from them soon!
Great to hear. I’m Entourage’s rep and also a patient. Let me know if you need more information.

We are on Facebook:
Testosterone Replacement Therapy Community
and
Entourage Testosterone Patients

T

thu_hobbit

Awards
  • Established
Got everything taken care of. That was pretty easy. I cant wait to get started and feel better