Statins and supplements

darrenlb

Awards
Hello everyone, first post here and it's kinda 2 pronged.
Recently found out high cholesterol runs in the family and some bloods taken the other week for other reasons showed my cholesterol to be high, 8.4 so it seems I follow the family trend. I have a meeting with my doctor this Friday but was told by the nurse they will likely want to put me on statins which is why I'm asking on here to discover the experience's of other like minded individuals.

Firstly does anyone here take statins and do you have any problem with side effects primarily sexual function and muscle weakness?
Secondly I have used prohormones over the years but nowadays especially with my cholesterol the way it is I no longer want to go down that road which leads me to sarms, will I be ok using sarms (lgd 4033) in particular if I'm on statins and does anyone here using statins use sarms?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Big_sxc

Awards
OK. I'm 24 with bad lipids also. From whatbi have gathered and from my fathers experience with statins is that over time your total and free test will go down. Statins inhibit the building block of cholesterol before it is a blood usuable lipid. So for instance if u have less cholesterol u gave less steroid genesis occurring in the body in turn marking ur hormones lower than usual giving you less to bind to SHBG and also free test. Expect muscle tone loss and slight loss of libido and strength after prolonged use. We r talking 2-3mnths+++.

On cycle different story. No loss of **** all. Roids just kill it.

darrenlb

Awards
Thanks for your reply, that's pretty much my understanding of it, I'm likely to be on statins permanently and these are sides I really don't want, I am 42 so I may be able to get trt out of this if I make a big enough fuss. ☺

Big_sxc

Awards
Yeah trt would be the way to go. And f uck the doctors. U don't need statins for life. Just change some shi t

napalm

napalm

Awards
I honestly don't know why anyone would even consider taking a statin. I think there's a big enough body of research that says they cause more problems than they solve. Trt will do wonders on your lipid profile...

monkeyking13

monkeyking13

Awards
I was in the same boat. High cholesterol, family history. I'm on trt as well. Prescribed me lipidtor and after 3 weeks got muscle pain and weakness in my right arm. Couldn't lift without pain. I asked my doc about it. Claimed it wasn't the lipidtor. I knew otherwise as my diet, exercise and supplement regiment was fixed. The only difference was lipidtor. I stopped it against his advice and 2 weeks later the pain stopped. They want me to go back on another brand. I'm not going for it. Just be careful. Good luck.
Cheers,
Larry

darrenlb

Awards
Thanks for feedback, as expected they prescribed statins, still unsure what to do truth be told, my wife is busting my balls about taking them but as someone who doesn't train she doesn't understand my issues, she just hears 'could prevent heart attack etc, etc.' I did discuss my issues with the doctor but being pro statins she was a little dismissive of the sides. Gonna have to give this a bit more consideration I reckon.
Once again thanks for the feedback.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for feedback, as expected they prescribed statins, still unsure what to do truth be told, my wife is busting my balls about taking them but as someone who doesn't train she doesn't understand my issues, she just hears 'could prevent heart attack etc, etc.' I did discuss my issues with the doctor but being pro statins she was a little dismissive of the sides. Gonna have to give this a bit more consideration I reckon.
Once again thanks for the feedback.
Find and integrative medicine doctor in your area. They will do everything possible to keep you off statins and lower your cholesterol.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I run lipitor year round also juice year round lipitor usually keeps me in check and I run heavy heavy during parts of the year

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
does any one believe in red yeast found in red rice ?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Hello everyone, first post here and it's kinda 2 pronged.
Recently found out high cholesterol runs in the family and some bloods taken the other week for other reasons showed my cholesterol to be high, 8.4 so it seems I follow the family trend. I have a meeting with my doctor this Friday but was told by the nurse they will likely want to put me on statins which is why I'm asking on here to discover the experience's of other like minded individuals.

Firstly does anyone here take statins and do you have any problem with side effects primarily sexual function and muscle weakness?
Secondly I have used prohormones over the years but nowadays especially with my cholesterol the way it is I no longer want to go down that road which leads me to sarms, will I be ok using sarms (lgd 4033) in particular if I'm on statins and does anyone here using statins use sarms?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
my recomendation to you is more cardio more water some red yeast in small doeses and try to get some pomergranates or POM juice. it helped me and the results were quick like 2 weeks i noticed my heart n blood pressure were way lower .

Big_sxc

Awards
Red yeast extract or the compound inside that "dietary supplement" is prescription statin. Its real and it works.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Red yeast extract or the compound inside that "dietary supplement" is prescription statin. Its real and it works.
its def safer than any of that compounded bs . it worked for me not sayin it works for all. but its a choice before becoming dependant on statins perscrjption than comes the stents and valve repairs from blood being to thin . "change your habits , change your life "

ericaf1

ericaf1

Awards
You may not be on statins forever if you get your diet right and exercise. I use to be on statins ...a good diet (40P 35C 25F) heavy weights-some cardio and i managed to get it down and am no longer on meds.... For me being on meds was a excuse to eat bad..

Try getting in the best shape of your life and see where that takes you..

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 63
Anabolics 30
Anabolics 13
ozzie1987 Nutrition / Health 1
Supplements 1