Starting on HRT @ age 28

yoss

Awards
Hey guys I have been planning on HRT for some time, as I tested around 240 a year ago, but my wife wanted a child so I held off until he arrived fat happy and healthy. Anyway my latest test was 303, and the doctor put me on Cypionate @ 200mg every 2 weeks which I have adjusted to 100mg every week. How do I convince my doctor to crank me up to 200mg a week , add clomid and hcg? He wasn't even aware that 100mg a week was the norm, is there some literature I can bring in to my next appointment?

Also which pharmacies carry Cypionate in 10ml bottles? My insurance will only pay for 30 days at a time but if 10ml bottles are all the pharmacy stocks they will let me have one a month. I'd like to stock up for future cycles.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
200mg a week is a juicing cycle. I would seek out a more knowledgable council regarding your therapy. My urologist put me on low test when I was in my 20's and I am learning now that was not a good idea. I was also in the 200 in my late 20's. its amazing how good you can feel when you optimize your own bodys test. forget the shots and try Sustain Alpha with Toco-8. it works

yoss

Awards
I had previously seen an endo who diagnosed my problem as primary(corr: secondary, derp) hypogonadism caused by pituitary trauma from an accident when I was around 23 years old...the accident being clubbed unconscious by a gang of muggers. I need the HRT, I just don't want to deal with an endo since they are few and far between where I am at and I have to schedule appointments months out. I'd rather just bend the local family doctor to my will.

I'm all for knowledgeable advice but suggesting I learn to make the best of ~200 test and eat/rub on some bunk crap from PP is ludicrous. 200mg a week is high, but I want be right on the edge of abusive without compromising my health, shrinking down to raisins, or getting bitch tits. I also plan to mix in some cycles, because why the hell not?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Due to your past traumatic injury, it sounds like you had damaged your pituitary. I would have not put you on HRT right away rather I would have looked to see if signaling was the issue not your testicles. I would have had Dr do a clomid challenge to see if you were able to start on your own rather then to be put on HRT for all your life when it may not be needed in the first place. Looking at other factors out side testosterone production would also be a huge help. When Dr's just focus on one area, it kind of makes cringe seeing alot of guy put on HRT you did not need to be in the first place. Some now are doing fine since the root cause was determine and have come off HRT. The way the GOv't is going I would want to avoid any drug if necessary, if for any reason testosterone supply get cut off then you are all screwed. I have friends who are in Mensa and some of the most brillant people. They are foreshadowing a huge change with in the next 6 months in world status. TO get testosterone cheap, costcos 64.95 for 10 cc bottle no insurance. Before adding in all these external factors HCG, AI, you need have valid reason for them in the first place. HCG may not be needed in many cases some times it does. It really is case depended if I recommend it to the Dr or not. I prefer less variables in the mix when dealing with cases as it also results in less financial burden for the dr's patient.

yoss

Awards
Thanks Matrix I hadn't realized the reason for the clomid was the LH mimic, I thought it was to prevent gyno as a SERM. Does nolvadex work the same way? I have used it in PCT three times now.... I don't really see any difference between being on juice or clomid since you have to have a supply of either....and I'm not particularly worried about the imminent collapse of society. Test also has the advantage of insurance-paid liver-safe cycles. It seems like there must be something required to keep the boys from going soft, do you mean that HCG shouldn't be used if clomid alone is effective?

I know that Costco carries 10ml test ($66 where I live) but they also carry 1ml , and if they write for a 30 day supply they will just give me 2ml instead of 10...I'd rather have my insurance pay for a 10ml each month. As far as I can ascertain there is no legal limit to how much I can possess.

fanzdslpwr1

Awards
imminent collapse to society is a pretty poor outlook! I would try to have a better outlook.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
imminent collapse to society is a pretty poor outlook! I would try to have a better outlook.
I would ran the clomid first to see if your balls where responsive. I would also look for other imbalance which may be causing other issues. Confirming primary vs secondary would have been the first proper thing to do. From there you treat accordingly. One may also want to seek counseling if there are others which need to be dealt with. With out a proper mind set your body will not heal properly.