Starting my third PH cycle tomorrow.............

NedFlanders

Awards
Starting my third PH cycle tomorrow of Haladrol and Epi. My simple question is about calories. I am 172 at 16% bf and was thinking of doing a 45 % carbs, 35% protein, and 20% fat. Too me 16% bf is high and I know running both of these will help stop some of the fat gain, but I want to do a clean bulk using these. Should I change up the macros?

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Your macros aren't going to change your BF%. That's all about calories my man. Need to eat in a calorie deficit (preferably around 500-700) while keeping protein around 1.0-1.4g p/pound of body weight, for about 4 weeks to start seeing BF% drop. Sustain that for 2-4 months and you'll really start seeing results.

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
However, cutting carbs to about 5-15% of macros will help to shed some water weight, and can also help the body to better utilize fat as energy, thus burning off more fat

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Additionally, if you want to bulk, I'd recommend about 1g of protein p/lb of body weight, 15% fat, the rest carbs. 300-500 calorie surplus

NedFlanders

Awards
Additionally, if you want to bulk, I'd recommend about 1g of protein p/lb of body weight, 15% fat, the rest carbs. 300-500 calorie surplus
That makes a lot of sense. I have normally kept my calories at around 2300, but with the macros I had outlined it was going to put me between 2600-2700. So you hit the nail right on the head. I am hoping though being at 16% does not rise that much, because I plan on competing in my 4th show in December or Jan, and I know cutting from a high bf% you end up losing a lot of muscle. I have made that mistake.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
I recommend you get that BF down before you run a cycle.

NedFlanders

Awards
I recommend you get that BF down before you run a cycle.
Yeah, I am still on the fence on what to do, but with epi and halo they are going to help with the cutting if I decide to go with a cutting cycle, but even if I dont I think running my calories high on workout days and than on off days running them somewhat lower and adding cardio my bf% will still drop.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yea I'd definitely cut before the cycle; it's better to take advantage of the all the nutrient partitioning effects that the gear will give you.