Starting my Summer Cut with Iron Legion (Sponsored)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Huge THANK YOU to cheftepesh1 and the rest of the Iron Legion team here on AM.. Very generous of them to give these high quality supplements out.

For this log, I'll be running VII-KT and Invictus. I've run Invictus solo, but never tried the VII-KT, so I'm really excited to use these two together on my cut. The timing is perfect - I have my first beach trip coming up the week of April 22nd!! The products haven't come in yet, but I thought I'd start this anyway.

Last year was a bad year for me between nursing injuries and working a ton of overtime. So much so, that I quit working out around July.. My body totally fell apart as far as muscle and physique.. I'm still dealing with injuries, but working around them. Call it stubborn, but I just can't let myself go like this. I finally started back in the gym towards the end of February. The first couple of weeks went slow & steady & I worked my way through all the soreness and pain and am now back to getting in some solid workouts.

My diet, for the most part, is fairly clean. I try to avoid the carbs, except for around workouts. Dinners are usually carb free. All workouts are done 1st thing in the morning.

I won't be changing anything up during this run. Not the diet or the workouts. I want to see what this little stack can help me with.

Cardio is mountain biking. I worked my way up to 20 miles & took a bad fall screwing my knee up pretty good. I'm hoping to start riding again next week.

I'll update this log as often as possible (at least 5-6 days a week). I work rotating days & nights, so the updates may come at any time of the day or night.

I'll try to post up some beginning pics asap.

Feel free to chime in & offer any suggestions or critique!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
FINAL REVIEW!!

Huge, huge thanks to Iron Legion and the awesome reps here on AM!!

To say this was an awesome run is an understatement!! Within probably just a few days I was already feeling and seeing a difference. My body was feeling and looking tighter all around and vascularity seemed to improve.
I didn't change anything with my workout routine and only slightly changed the diet, trying to lean out for my beach trip that I had last week.

If you read through this whole log, you'll see that I dropped roughly 4 lbs. I won't lie, last week at the beach, the weather deteriorated and I fell off the rails with my diet.. No discipline.. Lol.

As of this morning, I'm back up to 191.. like I said though, it's a successful recomp!!

I enjoyed running this from day 1. I've always loved topicals, but a lot of them mess with my skin and i usually end up having to stop short of a 30 day run. This was not the case for this. If anything, it actually made my skin softer and healthier looking. I also liked the smell.

Now that I've finished this run, I plan on taking a few week break from it & then running this exact combo again. I know it will have me looking lean and tight at all the pool and beach get togethers this summer!!

In this set of pics, the first one is day 1. The 2nd pic is from this morning. Again, this stuff absolutely friggin rocks!!!

OK, EVIDENTLY, I CAN'T ADD PICS TO AN EDITED POST. GOING TO POST ON LAST PAGE.

Last edited:
cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In for this

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still no package on the front porch.. Hopefully tomorrow. Today was a push/pull workout at 3:30 this morning before going to work.
I will sleep good tonight. Lol

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
adding vii-kt to Invictus really ups the ante...if you liked Invictus solo I believe you are REALLY going to like this combo...

good luck-MARINE!!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
adding vii-kt to Invictus really ups the ante...if you liked Invictus solo I believe you are REALLY going to like this combo...

good luck-MARINE!!!!
Thanks brother!! This stuff can't show up soon enough!! Currently hiding in the bushes, waiting for the mail lady..

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Well, hopefully tomorrow will be the day my stuff arrives. Got off work this morning and went to the Waffle House for some breakfast. Was starving and not feeling the best..
On the way home, I saw the gym parking lot was empty! Couldn't pass up an empty gym..
Went in & did an upper body pump session. No preworkout, no other supps. Just eggs & sausage and a cup of coffee. Lol.
Screenshot_20190331-071705_Gallery.jpeg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Looking ripped and vascular!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks dude. The cardio is starting to pay off.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
$hit just got real y'all!! I've never looked forward to a shower as much as I am tonight!!
20190401_143431.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
$hit just got real y'all!! I've never looked forward to a shower as much as I am tonight!! View attachment 181367
Just a heads up. I have seen Rob recommend dosing first thing when you wake up, and then between 6 and 7 PM, to match the times when cortisol will be at its highest.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Well, hopefully tomorrow will be the day my stuff arrives. Got off work this morning and went to the Waffle House for some breakfast. Was starving and not feeling the best..
On the way home, I saw the gym parking lot was empty! Couldn't pass up an empty gym..
Went in & did an upper body pump session. No preworkout, no other supps. Just eggs & sausage and a cup of coffee. Lol.
View attachment 181324
great definition in triceps...glad you got your stuff!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just a heads up. I have seen Rob recommend dosing first thing when you wake up, and then between 6 and 7 PM, to match the times when cortisol will be at its highest.
Thanks for the heads up dude!!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh sh@t, starting with those cuts and this stack. You should see a beach ready body in no time flat.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today is officially day one of the stack. I forgot how much I loved the smell of this stuff, and how quickly it dries.
My body is fighting something right now, so today is a rest day. Hoping to be in the gym tomorrow morning.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today is officially day one of the stack. I forgot how much I loved the smell of this stuff, and how quickly it dries.
My body is fighting something right now, so today is a rest day. Hoping to be in the gym tomorrow morning.
You'll test out the immune boosting properties of Invictus.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Haha, I was thinking the same thing. ??

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
here's to feeling better soon...:beerchug:

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hope you feel rested today and are back at it!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Took a chance this morning and got up at 3am for a chest & back workout. Felt good enough upon waking, so I went in & had a great workout!!
Kept the volume high with little rest in between sets. Walked out with a great pump too!!
Screenshot_20190403-102340_Gallery.jpeg

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That's an early call. What time did you get to bed?

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Around 9-9:30. When I work days, I have to be up at 3 if I wanna go to the gym 1st. No way I'm going after woking a 12 hour shift outside..

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Around 9-9:30. When I work days, I have to be up at 3 if I wanna go to the gym 1st. No way I'm going after woking a 12 hour shift outside..
AMEN brother, if I workout it is BEFORE work, lol.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Took a chance this morning and got up at 3am for a chest & back workout. Felt good enough upon waking, so I went in & had a great workout!!
Kept the volume high with little rest in between sets. Walked out with a great pump too!!
View attachment 181463
Good to see your back in the game.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Made it in this morning at 3:45 for a solid shoulder workout. Once again, I kept the volume high. Basically cardio with weights. Lol.
My shoulders always seem to respond well to the higher reps.

Two things tonight..

I just got out of the shower and slathered on the liquid gold that is Iron Legion.. what seemed like maybe 5 minutes later, my body felt pumped/tight.. Is it the carbs from dinner? (2 whole wheat tortillas), or is this stuff tightening me up already?

This leads me to my next question.. application times. Years ago, I remember reading that for cortisol control, to supplement immediately upon waking and then approximately 5 hours later...

Last week, @ValiantThor08 said to do upon waking, and then again around 7pm..

Can I get some concrete input on this? Trying to maximize every drop of this run.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Made it in this morning at 3:45 for a solid shoulder workout. Once again, I kept the volume high. Basically cardio with weights. Lol.
My shoulders always seem to respond well to the higher reps.

Two things tonight..

I just got out of the shower and slathered on the liquid gold that is Iron Legion.. what seemed like maybe 5 minutes later, my body felt pumped/tight.. Is it the carbs from dinner? (2 whole wheat tortillas), or is this stuff tightening me up already?

This leads me to my next question.. application times. Years ago, I remember reading that for cortisol control, to supplement immediately upon waking and then approximately 5 hours later...

Last week, @ValiantThor08 said to do upon waking, and then again around 7pm..

Can I get some concrete input on this? Trying to maximize every drop of this run.
@Iron_Legion

@delsolrob

@cheftepesh1

@thebigt

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I woke up early this morning on my day off. Was going to be a rest day but felt well rested and had a strong desire to hit the gym.
I applied my topicals and chugged down my coffee. Ten minutes later I was sitting on the stationary bike for a 30 minute ride.
I normally do back and chest together, but today I just wanted to focus on the pecs. My strength is slowly getting back to pre-surgery days. Today was the first time since july of 2017 to do cable flies. I had a great stretch and awesome pump.

Once again, I have a question. All of my workouts are first thing in the morning. I know cortisol is high when we wake. I think cortisol is also heightened after a workout.. would it be more beneficial to apply IL oils after the workout?

Still feeling a tighter, pumped feeling throughout the day.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As far as application timing. I find that upon waking and around 3-4 pm work best for me. If I dose to let I find I’m tired in the morning.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have tried applying pre and post workout, I prefer post workout.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
As far as application timing. I find that upon waking and around 3-4 pm work best for me. If I dose to let I find I’m tired in the morning.
I have tried applying pre and post workout, I prefer post workout.
Same here for Invictus anyway. It can affect my sleep if dosed too late...especially in the beginning when my body is getting used to it.

I also opt to go for the second dose post workout, or somewhat avoid PWO dosing. While I find Invictus to be quite joint friendly, a dose before heading out the door for some weights seems to make me feel a bit too tight for my liking..

If I am doing cardio (which I do all the time) it certainly is not a problem, and seems to enhance the experience in the end. I end up looking pretty dry and vascular!

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Same here for Invictus anyway. It can affect my sleep if dosed too late...especially in the beginning when my body is getting used to it.

I also opt to go for the second dose post workout, or somewhat avoid PWO dosing. While I find Invictus to be quite joint friendly, a dose before heading out the door for some weights seems to make me feel a bit too tight for my liking..

If I am doing cardio (which I do all the time) it certainly is not a problem, and seems to enhance the experience in the end. I end up looking pretty dry and vascular!
agreed, not good if I dose too late.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Dosing around 7pm was treating me nice. Say that after it has only been 3 nights lol, but sleep appears to be getting better.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today was a rest day. Nice to sleep in every once in a while. Spent the whole day with the family just chillin and fishing.

Back at it tomorrow. Feeling leaner, but the scale has barely moved..

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Today was a rest day. Nice to sleep in every once in a while. Spent the whole day with the family just chillin and fishing.

Hey leaning and the scale not moving is great. Means your burning fat and gaining muscle.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Day 6:

With yesterday being a rest day, I consumed zero carbs. It was visually evident this morning. Looked flat all over. I weighed in upon waking at 191.2.
Went to the gym and got 30 minutes of hard pedaling on the bike followed by a great shoulder workout. Despite the lack of carbs yesterday and training fasted this morning, I noticed a little strength increase on my military press and bb shrugs. That was a nice surprise, considering how hard I pushed on the bike.
Came home & drank my protein shake and now I'm bloated. Lol. Hopefully as the day progresses, it'll subside. Enjoying being outside today in the sun with no shirt for some much needed vitamin D.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

too bad we can't have more days like that, eh?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure the last time I got to sleep and relax like that. The world always has something special in store for my days off.

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had to work last night, but I am very lucky.. where I work, as long as the work is done and the plant is running good, we get some good rest. Like, really good rest. Lol.

I woke at 430 & realized I didn't bring my stuff to work. I made relief @ 530 & was home rubbing myself down around 630..
I dropped the kids off at 8 & then devoured one of those metrx velvet protein bars. Immediately after that, I was in the gym supersetting arms. The pump was incredible!! 99% of the time, I'm training in a fasted state. I should consume carbs more often!
I was hoping to ride my mtb for a 20 mile ride, but the trails were a little too muddy. Tomorrow will be dry though, so I'll get some good cardio in.
My biceps are starting to get their shape back finally!!
20190409_152405.jpeg

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
muscle memory is great!!!

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not much to report today. Worked last night, came home, dropped off the kids at school, and then went to the mtb trails for a 9 mile ride. Just over an hour of some great cardio.
Usually, after a trail ride, I'll pick up a beer for the drive home. The wife & I gave up alcohol for Lent.. So, when I got home (about an hour later), I drank a protein shake. Probably about 45 minutes after that, I made chicken tacos with a can of white chicken and some taco seasoning. I put it on two whole wheat tortillas. The rest of the day, I was really bloated again.
Now, tonight, after dinner, the bloat seems to have gone away..
I'm thinking I'm not drinking enough water throughout the day. Tomorrow, I'm off. I'll make sure I drink plenty of water and see how I look/feel.

On a side note, today was sunny and 87.. Got my first sunburn of the season. Lol. Just a little bit of color and less bloating makes for a nice visible difference.

I'll get an updated weigh in tomorrow morning.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You getting good mineral content? That will help out a lot.