Starting HRT Today

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I have not been on this site in years. I was unwilling to commit to a life-time of HRT. Finally I'm ready.

I'm almost 68 years old. 6 foot tall. 150 lbs and muscle wasting. My latest labs.
TT = 778 Ref 250-1100
FT = 70 Ref 35-155
E2 = 30 Ref ???? for men
DHT = 48 Ref 16-79
SHBG = 91 22-77

I am starting Testosterone GEL today. I have an AI (on hand) which I expect to need.
I also have VAR and Danazol, which I may play with later on.
I should have blood tests in 3 months (sooner if I suspect E2 issues). I get itchy if my E2 goes up.

I have not been following the LATEST And GREATEST news in HRT science for years, so consider me a NOOB.

THANX.....

Last edited:
Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have not been on this site in years. I was unwilling to commit to a life-time of HRT. Finally I'm ready.

I'm almost 68 years old. 6 foot tall. 150 lbs and muscle wasting. My latest labs.
TT = 778
FT = 70
E2 = 30
DHT = 48
SHBG = 91

I am starting Testosterone GEL today. I have an AI (on hand) which I expect to need.
I also have VAR and Danazol, which I may play with later on.
I should have blood tests in 3 months (sooner if I suspect E2 issues). I get itchy if my E2 goes up.

I have not been following the LATEST And GREATEST news in HRT science for years, so consider me a NOOB.

THANX.....
Your TT is 778?
What is the reference range on that?

Unless they're using a different scale, that's High.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Do you have a question or is this a log?

You have TT at almost 800 before starting the hrt? And free T at 70? What unit of measurement are these in?

t switz

Awards
........something to research.......test gels are known to aromatize easily...not good....will > dht related hair loss if one is currently dealing w/ that issue........????????could sarms REPLACE test altogether????? time might tell.......

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Something is off here ??

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
........something to research.......test gels are known to aromatize easily...not good....will > dht related hair loss if one is currently dealing w/ that issue........????????could sarms REPLACE test altogether????? time might tell.......
I'm a complete NOOB when it comes to SARMs and just started researching (YouTube) them. 5mg/day RAD140 looks like a safe place to start. (to me) PCT unlikely to be needed. So, is there an online site more trustworthy than the others?????
What payment method is safest?????

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm a complete NOOB when it comes to SARMs and just started researching (YouTube) them. 5mg/day RAD140 looks like a safe place to start. (to me) PCT unlikely to be needed. So, is there an online site more trustworthy than the others?????
Youtube is generally not a very good place to do research on sarms or any anabolics.. Try the search function on this board for example.

PCT IS NEEDED!!

5 mg is quite low. You can start with it to see how your body reacts. Rad is known to make some people feel unwell, but on the other it also makes some people feel good. And some don't really have any effect on mood and such. But I'd say you're unlikely the get anyhting significant out of it with only 5 mg. I would go for 10 mg minimun. A good dose for people varies, but I've seen 20 mg a day to be the sweet spot for many (a bit more experienced fellas tho).

For sources check out the board sponsors and if you order some, make sure to order a serm also. Happy researching - be wise - don't destroy your endocrine system on your first run ✌

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Here's something to read for starters:

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Even complete Noobs know how to read and answer questions relevant to their situation.

Something's Definitely off here.

OP, it would be helpful (to you) to try and answer a couple of questions.

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Even complete Noobs know how to read and answer questions relevant to their situation.

Something's Definitely off here.

I'm out.
Oh right he was the OP. Forgot and thought it was t switz who posted last time. Weird thread indeed..

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude don’t need TRT....total test is almost 800 and his free test is almost 80?? According to the reference ranges he posted he’s in the middle pretty much. WTF??

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dude don’t need TRT....total test is almost 800 and his free test is almost 80?? According to the reference ranges he posted he’s in the middle pretty much. WTF??
I see the ref ranges has been added. Yeah, if they are correct, those are some very good values for 68 yo. Shbg is super high tho.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see the ref ranges has been added. Yeah, if they are correct, those are some very good values for 68 yo. Shbg is super high tho.
Yeah I missed that. It is through the roof! If he can get that down he’s probably feel great

beefyfan

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Holy ****. Those numbers are great for nearing 70. How the **** is he 6' and only 150? Are you training and eating properly? Your SHBG is a little high. Maybe that's why the doc gave you danazol? Can somebody smarter than me chime in here? I would not **** around with test, ai's or hcg. My instinct would be to get you on 25mg's of proviron daily and maybe some HGH.

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I'm old, so this is a long story, and I was trying to spare you all the details.
In my opinion, my problem is LOW FREE TESTOSTERONE.
Over the years I experimented with, PROVIRON, WINSTROL, ANAVAR, DANAZOL, CLOMID,
TAMOXIFEN, AROMASIN, and HCG (orally).
Small doses of PROVIRON, WINSTROL, ANAVAR, and DANAZOL all easily dropped my SHBG from Top of Range, to 25% of Range, but my Total Testosterone dropped in lock step and my Free Test stayed Low in Range.
SERMs make me itchy (E2 triggers my Mast Cells).
HCG (oral) actually boosted my Free Test, BUT I converted most of it to E2. (10 years ago HCG was cheap and plentiful).
And I didn't want to inject, anything. I don't want to crush my HPTA either.
So, last week my GP gave me TEST-GEL... The only thing I have not tried. I can ease into it. See how I react.
My guess is I will need an AI. I would be happy with MID-RANGE FREE TESTOSTERONE.
This is not a VITAMIN, MINERAL, TESTICLE, Drug Induced, Alcohol, or LIVER induced problem.
My life long HPTA, just keeps me at LOW RANGE FREE TESTOSTERONE. And unfortunately it does a good job of it.
I have not followed TRT advancements for years. It looks like SARMs have gotten more mainstream, now.
And they may be the best answer for my muscle wasting. I'm willing to test this.
Your opinions on SARMS (especially if you have actually used them yourself) would be appreciated.
I have to read the AnabolicMinds bylaws. Am I precluded from asking about legal sources of SARMs?????

Last edited:

t switz

Awards
........hey mrtt, there is a safe and EASY way to boost free t..........the herb, 'tongkat ali'.......it blocks shbg......can be had on line,easily.......not the stuff sold on tv, which probably has some of the herb, and outher things included.......one site has 50+ languages on it to sell as an aprodeseac? around the world.......its funny, my current situation,hormonally, is very simular to yours, im also 68 y/o w/ sky high #s.....test f/total...dht...est...shbg while using 80 to 100 mg test cip/wk.....i train as much as my body allows, diet decent, low stress, recoup efforts also.......besides the #s, how do you feel overall? whats your TSH #??? could you be hyper-thyroid? or vrey fast metabolism like some do....get cortizol #s if possible also.......best wishes.........

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
........hey mrtt, there is a safe and EASY way to boost free t..........the herb, 'tongkat ali'.......it blocks shbg......can be had on line,easily.......not the stuff sold on tv, which probably has some of the herb, and outher things included.......one site has 50+ languages on it to sell as an aprodeseac? around the world.......its funny, my current situation,hormonally, is very simular to yours, im also 68 y/o w/ sky high #s.....test f/total...dht...est...shbg while using 80 to 100 mg test cip/wk.....i train as much as my body allows, diet decent, low stress, recoup efforts also.......besides the #s, how do you feel overall? whats your TSH #??? could you be hyper-thyroid? or vrey fast metabolism like some do....get cortizol #s if possible also.......best wishes.........
Good info here! I’d try this before doing TRT

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
OP first of all stop lying you’re not getting HRT you’re talking about self administered test because no doctors would prescribe you with those numbers. Your TT is better than 75% of 25 years old. You state your problem is "low free test" it’s not low it’s actually mid range. You’re 68 pappy calm down your levels are amazing for your age, they are actually hard to believe (I don’t believe you but nobody cares about that). So yeah no doctor will ever prescribe you. Your only option is trt clinics which we should call drug dealers because they would sell test to anyone. You don’t need trt but you want to take test.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How do you feel?..stay away from any AI..your body will balance out E2 on it own. Have to give it 10 to 12 weeks

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
I'm old, so this is a long story, and I was trying to spare you all the details.
In my opinion, my problem is LOW FREE TESTOSTERONE.
Over the years I experimented with, PROVIRON, WINSTROL, ANAVAR, DANAZOL, CLOMID,
TAMOXIFEN, AROMASIN, and HCG (orally).
Small doses of PROVIRON, WINSTROL, ANAVAR, and DANAZOL all easily dropped my SHBG from Top of Range, to 25% of Range, but my Total Testosterone dropped in lock step and my Free Test stayed Low in Range.
SERMs make me itchy (E2 triggers my Mast Cells).
HCG (oral) actually boosted my Free Test, BUT I converted most of it to E2. (10 years ago HCG was cheap and plentiful).
And I didn't want to inject, anything. I don't want to crush my HPTA either.
So, last week my GP gave me TEST-GEL... The only thing I have not tried. I can ease into it. See how I react.
My guess is I will need an AI. I would be happy with MID-RANGE FREE TESTOSTERONE.
This is not a VITAMIN, MINERAL, TESTICLE, Drug Induced, Alcohol, or LIVER induced problem.
My life long HPTA, just keeps me at LOW RANGE FREE TESTOSTERONE. And unfortunately it does a good job of it.
I have not followed TRT advancements for years. It looks like SARMs have gotten more mainstream, now.
And they may be the best answer for my muscle wasting. I'm willing to test this.
Your opinions on SARMS (especially if you have actually used them yourself) would be appreciated.
I have to read the AnabolicMinds bylaws. Am I precluded from asking about legal sources of SARMs?????
Just got TT and FT results back after 40 days on 2 pumps/a day....
FT 33.8 (R35-155).... it was 70 before Testosterone gel...
TT 451 (R250-1100).... it was 778 before Testosterone gel...

I had no idea that adding TESTOSTERONE GEL could lower my testosterone!!!
I have a 1&1/2 bottles of TGel left, maybe I'll burn it...... Anybody ever seen this type of results???

robthomas

robthomas

Awards
We’re you using peds a few months before the orginal test?? Or now your not being prescribed enough for we’re your orginal numbers we’re

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just got TT and FT results back after 40 days on 2 pumps/a day....
FT 33.8 (R35-155).... it was 70 before Testosterone gel...
TT 451 (R250-1100).... it was 778 before Testosterone gel...

I had no idea that adding TESTOSTERONE GEL could lower my testosterone!!!
I have a 1&1/2 bottles of TGel left, maybe I'll burn it...... Anybody ever seen this type of results???
Thats why I do intramuscular gels never gave me a consistency

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes m-test (nettle, tongkat, boron) to bring down shbg. Or just high quality eurycomanone + boron

Mr.TT

Awards
  • Established
We’re you using peds a few months before the orginal test?? Or now your not being prescribed enough for we’re your orginal numbers we’re
NO...my before lab numbers were all natural.... I had such great expectations for the GEL, (like 50% of FT range)..
So "how did I feel on 2 pumps???" ...... I think my muscle damage (from lifting) healed more quickly.
My libido (which is pretty good, normally) was increased... And, without PCT, I had BRIEF "HOT FLASHES"
for 10 days after I stopped the gel, and, I now feel as I did before. (and I'm hoping that my TT and FT return
to there previous levels, on there own.)

stevencfitnes

stevencfitnes

Awards
  • Established
Also he is almost 68 years old...
Something is definitely amiss. At this point OP wants to go on a cycle, not really HRT. Which is fine. Not throwing shade on that.

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Test gel is junk.. get IM or go back to natty. I bet good quality tongkat would have been enough

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Something is definitely amiss. At this point OP wants to go on a cycle, not really HRT. Which is fine. Not throwing shade on that.
it is what it is-eh?

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dunno man. The gel is junk.