Starting fresh after being out of the game for too long

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
So, i figured in order to stay motivated, I would do a beginning write up on my journey. I used to be approximately 190 lbs/ 5% body fat. I was various comps and lifting comps. Then i went into the military. While i was active i had to continually reduce my mass for a more active and kinetic body style. This dropped a ton of my size. at one point i was at 175lbs. I never thought i would be the skinny guy, but i felt good performance-wise so who cares right? I did. I was so damn weak compared to my former self. I went from benching 365 lbs to having 315lbs cave my chest in. But hey, I could run like the damn wind and swim like a fish. Its like i traded one strength for another and i didn't really enjoy the marathon lifestyle too much. Then the unthinkable happened. My first severe injury happened during training. Tore my ACL and MCL and pulled my ITB band. Holy fire in the knee. From that point on i slowly gave up running as important. after a few more injuries, slipped disks and other mishaps, I let myself start to balloon. I used to have the ability to compartmentalize pain and turn it into motivation. Somewhere along that road I've forgotten how. Giving up on diets was easy. Giving up on conditioning even easier. I became the very person i despised and preached against. I became a walking hypocrisy. I told myself that I like feeling comfortable and i love tacos too much too change. Fast forward to a few years since i've been out and i look and feel like a turd-bag. So, I wanted to write this up during the beginning of my journey to rediscovering myself. 7days ago i weighed in at 302.4lbs. Today, I'm at 291lbs. The diet is clean and calorie deficient. My lifting regimen is hard ,but max effort is there. lets see where this will take me. Look in on this thread in the future for progress pictures. Thank you for your time and I appreciate any words of wisdom.
20180326_112041.jpg
20180326_112054.jpg
20180326_112110.jpg

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
38lbs.jpg
38lbs2.jpg

the pictures attached are 38lbs down from original weight. There is not much difference from before except my pants don't fit now and I physically feel better. Its been a while since I've been on here, sorry for the long wait. at the end of March, when i first started this thread, I had to work out of town and completely let myself slip into old habits again. I started again 6 weeks ago and now I've set myself into better habits. I'm almost to my first goal of weight loss (50 lbs). So hopefully in another month I can start eyeing a new goal of 70lbs down and cutting up. We will see where it takes me. Thanks to all who even read any of this. Especially thankful for any feedback, motivation, or words of wisdom.

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Here to follow along brother. I been working my way down as well for a long time. But, I'm getting there. You got this brother

BEAST73

BEAST73

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
SUB! Awesome Job on the weight loss Bro!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Time and determination, you will be good to go.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
thanks alot guys. I'm coming off a a two day fast today. then its going back into the gym two-a-days. Weights in the morning and cardio at night. It feels great to have a routine that i can follow and keep track of. Making life changes for sure.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Little update: Last week I worked out (from 4am -5am) starting on Tuesday. I skipped Friday because I was so sore that I could barely find the motivation to get up HAHAHAHa. I have officially went from 3xl shirts to xl (comfortably). My pants size has decreased from 46 to 40. So this weekend i had to go buy all new clothing because none of my clothes fit me. For sh*t* and giggles I tried on my old Navy Uniform and I am so close to fitting in it. I'm gonna use that as added motivation for the process. I started doing 48 hr fasting every 3rd-4th day. Doing this seems to really keep my body in a constant state of change. In the mornings I have zero trouble waking up to go to the gym. This is what I've needed since getting out. Yesterday's workout (Monday) was so productive that I'm considering getting up 30 minutes earlier so I can get a little more time with the weights.
Current plan is heavy lifting first 45 minutes and 15 minutes of Cardio after. There are two reasons why I do this.
The first reason: I hate running now that I'm fat. So the last thing i wanna do when i first get to the gym is go get my fat, tired a** on the treadmill! HAHAHAHA.
The second reason: I'm really limited on time (I have to be back home by 0515 so the ol lady can go to the gym) and if I am going to do cardio, then I want the biggest impact that I can get for those 15 minutes. So I deduced that if I go hard in the paint on the weights and get my blood flowing and my heart beating fast prior to cardio, then maybe it will have a bigger effect on my cardiovascular training overall. (any insight on this actually would be very helpful).
This morning I hit the weights so hard. I normally have these two guys that i work out with in the mornings, but they didn't show up, but i had a contingency plan in case that happened. Last night i wrote out a weeks worth of workouts with the intent to share with my workout partners this morning. I actually pulled a lot of tips from Seth Feroce's vids on You Tube. I'm no way new to lifting or fitness for that matter, but sometimes its nice to get an outside perspective on old go-to's. Regardless, the workout I designed was a beast! there wasn't a soul in the gym until around 0500, so on went the heavy metal and it was kinda of freeing to be in there getting it done, knowing that i was there putting in work while others slept. Wow what a boost of motivation!
Let me wrap this update up with a thank you to all who have read thus far. I can't wait to get back into the shape I know I can attain. Been there and done that! A big thanks is also warranted to Anabolic Minds because i needed a place to share and keep an update log like this.

-J

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Here to upload so photos and give an update. It's October 2, 2018. What a motivating week I've had. As I mentioned previously, I started to waking up at am so i can get an extra 30 min in the gym. So I am currently working out from 3:30am-5am. I have started to get that euphoric feeling while lifting again. I feel so much better just walking around. I am still doing cardio every day (15 min minimum). I am actively incorporating multiple types of power-lifting techniques (cleans, jerks, front squats, deadlift etc.) My strength gains are improving steadily. It is hard to tell any differences in this week's pictures compared to last week's, but I can see some areas hardening. I am down 40 lbs, but with the steady weight training I keep gaining 5 back and losing 5. It's a slingshot game for sure, but I'm liking the strength gains more than losing weight. The weight will come off if I just stay consistent.
oct2.20182.jpg

Attachments

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Btw I have no idea why it posted so many times. I tried to edit it, but my computer basically gave me the middle finger. sorry lol

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Definetly leaning out brother

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Thank bro. I feel like i am, but its so hard to tell day by day. strength gains are on point though. Plus, my cardio performance is getting easier. At least i have improvements on paper as well as visual. I can't wait to see the difference in another month, 4 month, 6 month a a year.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
Oct 1, 2018 //Sorry for the late update. I have had a hard 13 days since my last update. For starters, 3 days after my last update I started to notice that I couldn't breathe out of my left nostril. One day later and both nostrils were completely useless. I figured it was just some bad allergies, that is until that night my eyes were almost swollen shut. Turns out that i had a serious sinus infection and the direct result of it was major headaches, not being able to breathe, and blurry vision. I still worked out anyway, just not as intense. Instead of 6 days a week, I dropped it to 4 days until i got better. Five days later and I was better and bumped it back up to six days a week. I feel ****ing great! I am getting way stronger. I will post pictures as soon as i get home.

James Tyr

James Tyr

Awards
any of you guys know how to move this thread? I would like to use this as a base for a training/transformation log.