Starting First Blast from TRT

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
First Blast Started from a TRT Base

Intro Information:

I am 52 and have been on TRT since last July. I am at 180 mg per week, 2 at 90 per week and 500 IU of HCG 2 times per week, 1.5-2 MG of anastrozole (I know, it seems high). I have put on 20 pounds since last July. I have read so much I think I know more than my docs most of the time. That knowledge is in large part to reading for an insane number of hours on forums like this one. You guys are unbelievable!!!

I have historically lifted for many years and then took off about 8 years (life happens) have been very consistent since last July (2012) in a gym at my home (very nice gym). I typically do the following split
Chest,
Shoulders/triceps
Back/biceps
Off
Legs (quads)
Legs(hams and calves)
Off

I am 6' 3"

I started at 175 lbs and about 11% bodyfat. I am now at 195 lbs and I would guess 15% bodyfat. My fat is 100% isolated to my gut and love handles.
With respect to weight, I typically do 8-12 sets for major muscle groups and 4-6 for minor, lifting progressively starting in the 10-12 rep range and ending in the 5-8 for major muscle groups and 8-15 for minor muscle groups. For calves I am in the 25-30 rep range and for traps I am in the 12-15 range.

For example, when doing dumbbell flat bench I would do 10 X 80 each, 85 each, and end with 6 reps, then 5 on 90 each. I try to add either weight or reps each workout to keep the progressive component in place.

I do no cardio as I am clearly ectomorph body style, 33 inch waist X 34 inch inseam (used to be 36) and 46 in shoulders (based on suit size) with skinny arms and bird legs.
With respect to macros, I am pretty informed. I eat three meals and snacks in between. I drink 3 ON shakes a day with 84 grams of whey isolate, 3 grams of Creatine, take fish oil, D-3, multivitamin and a few others. I eat a LOT of chicken, broccoli, rice, steak, roast beef, turkey, fish (grilled), pork steak, squash (grilled), eggs, bacon, biscuits, potatoes (no butter). Most of my foods are grilled or baked. I do not drink or smoke. I average 4,000 calories per day (trying to up to 5,000 on my blast). I am not a perfectly clean eater but I am more strict than most. No sweets for example, ice cream or heavy sugary foods. I do like bacon and good old sage-based sausage.

Sleep is typically 6 hours a night (I know, I know). I do not suffer from stress at all and I do have a high pressure job and a great sex life with my beautiful wife.

My E2 is low and I do get some joint pain about 2 days after my leg workouts (I do not go to 90 degrees on squats, about 75 degrees and about 70 degrees on leg extensions) Fish oil seems to help. I am adjusting AI to resolve.

I want to reach 220 lbs at about 8 percent body fat and maintain.

I am going to do a 12 week Test C cycle as follows:
Week 1-3 400 mg
Weeks 4-7 500 mg
Weeks 8-12 600mg (mix of C and Test E)
If all goes well, I may add 75 MG of Anavar ED in weeks 8-12 and then stay on Anavar for 2 more weeks (6 total).
I will up the Airmidex to 3 MG per week once I hit 500 MG (high E2 converter)

No PCT needed as I am on TRT.

I am logging personally and may log some here, but this is such a simple basic cycle you guys would probably not be interested. I took pictures but I need to have a great blast so I can post pictures. My current photos are sad. I am in good shape and have good muscle mass for where I am in building my body, but I am WAAAAYYYY behind 99% of you guys. Too embarassing........

Thanks to all of you brothers for giving me such a great platform to ask questions. I am confident this will go well.

Just pinned second 200 for my first week today......here we go :dump:

Any tweaks needed?

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Your split needs serious work homie
Nah. A set split is for people who read magazines too much. Always go with what works. For some people you can't work certain muscles after others, and then other people can and it's not detrimental. The only thing I'd do unless cried for time is all leg stuff on same day. But I know for me I generally need to get my workout in within an hour so I gave very custom splits sometimes. And this guy is 52. Now that he's on a blast he may be able to train differently

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Nah. A set split is for people who read magazines too much. Always go with what works. For some people you can't work certain muscles after others, and then other people can and it's not detrimental. The only thing I'd do unless cried for time is all leg stuff on same day. But I know for me I generally need to get my workout in within an hour so I gave very custom splits sometimes. And this guy is 52. Now that he's on a blast he may be able to train differently
I can tell you I am doing seriously heavy weight weight on my legs. By the time I finish quads, I am tired. I can cut back on weight or reps and combine. Thoughts?

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
I can tell you I am doing seriously heavy weight weight on my legs. By the time I finish quads, I am tired. I can cut back on weight or reps and combine. Thoughts?
Well that's where I'm saying that conventional splits aren't always the gospel. If you aren't over training quads and are getting good growth, I'd wouldn't by any means say cut the workout down. But if you are tired out, definitely do it another day. For me I don't need lots of sets to get quads to grow. They get brutal sore so I have plenty of time to train hams and all that jazz

Keepitreel

Keepitreel

Awards
Just my 2 cents i wouldnt hit shoulders and tris after chest thats demanding on youu rotator cuff especially if u are lifting heavy like you stated also why blast tris right after chest

tinytony

tinytony

Awards
Just my 2 cents i wouldnt hit shoulders and tris after chest thats demanding on youu rotator cuff especially if u are lifting heavy like you stated also why blast tris right after chest
Yeah i kinda missed that fine point. Sorry. I basically never train those back to back

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
I like to do bi/tri/forearms, chest/back, hams/delts, quads/traps. But I've been doing hams/quads Same day for several weeks due to a fcked up schedule

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Update:
Sticking to original plan. Weight 204 and strength up significantly. Eating enough food is a real challenge. I have added Var for 1.5 weeks now and started running 50 first week and now 100. At week 7 and running 700 Test C or E. Lab results (day after injection) are as follows:

Bioavailable Test 3,831 ng/dL
Albumin 4.3 g/dL
SHGB 15
Free Test 1,573
Total Test 3,099
Estrogen 133 (high) I am going to increase Anastrozole from .5 EOD to 1 Day One .5 day Three. 1 Day 5 and .5 day 7
Estradiol base (test pending)
Estradiol Ultrasensitivie is 52 (high)

Select CBC results:
RBC 5.03
NE% 78.5 range 50-70
LY% 14.4 range 20-44

Here is an interesting one and I would like some feedback:

WBC 14.1 range 4.2--10.8 (clearly above range). What is going on here?

BUN 41 Range 10-26
SGOT (AST) 46 range 7-40

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially RE the WBC.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure about your blood test but if you have hard time to put size on your legs you should do them 2x a week with a couple of days between. Do squats and deadlifts everytime!

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
I changed my split as follows:

Chest
Shoulders
Back
Legs
Bi/Tri

No days off. Leg day is a MF, but I am getting through it.......Threw up again this week. Squat is only 315 right now but I have 36 inch inseam......

Flat bench, which I hate is at 245 for reps and 255 for 3 this morning at gym.

I can't seem to get the "clap" pushups going. That is my last exercise and I am just toast by then.....

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Personally, I'd be running something like this with a focus on staying the 6-10 range for 5 sets at your 75-80% range.

Legs- (squats, RDL, calves, sliding ham curls)
Chest/shoulders- (flat, military, flies, weighted pullups and dips)
Off
Legs- (fr squats, leg press, leg extensions, calves)
Back- (deads, BB row, 1 arm row, pullups) I personally would alternate between sumo and regular each week.
Off
Arms- (this day would be purely optional as you are getting in arm work with the rest of the routine and will be adding mass by working the other parts of your body)

Then start again. Basically a 6 day routine (or 7 if you like to work arms) with focus on compound movement and building up your lower half in order to build strength on your upper. Also, why no rest? There is no reason to not take rest days.

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
Personally, I'd be running something like this with a focus on staying the 6-10 range for 5 sets at your 75-80% range.

Legs- (squats, RDL, calves, sliding ham curls)
Chest/shoulders- (flat, military, flies, weighted pullups and dips)
Off
Legs- (fr squats, leg press, leg extensions, calves)
Back- (deads, BB row, 1 arm row, pullups) I personally would alternate between sumo and regular each week.
Off
Arms- (this day would be purely optional as you are getting in arm work with the rest of the routine and will be adding mass by working the other parts of your body)

Then start again. Basically a 6 day routine (or 7 if you like to work arms) with focus on compound movement and building up your lower half in order to build strength on your upper. Also, why no rest? There is no reason to not take rest days.
Thanks for the feedback Brother.
At my test levels recovery is damn near instant. I have been on this routine for about 8 weeks and steadily making gains in size and strength.

As an example for chest I would do the following:

Falt Bench BB 3-5 sets and 6-10 reps
Inclline BD press 3-5 sets at 6-10 reps
DB Flyes on slight incline 3-5 sets 6-10 reps
BD Flat bench 10-15 reps 3-5 sets
Clap pushups 10-15 reps 3 sets
Exercise ball pushups (feet on ball to destabilize) 10-15 reps 3 sets

Any comments on labs results??

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
20+ sets for chest? Damn I do a little more than half of that :D (although the pushups and non-weight exercises are a different animal i suppose)

pappybay

pappybay

Awards
20+ sets for chest? Damn I do a little more than half of that :D (although the pushups and non-weight exercises are a different animal i suppose)
AH, it is awesome. The recovery is insane. I literally DO NOT get sore. My shirts are getting tight but my pants are getting real tight. I have been accused of having a ghetto butt (squats I guess). HA

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
AH, it is awesome. The recovery is insane. I literally DO NOT get sore. My shirts are getting tight but my pants are getting real tight. I have been accused of having a ghetto butt (squats I guess). HA
Yeah I've been accused of having the ghetto butt in my time as well lol. I will have to try this ultra high volume approach next time around when I cycle in a PH/DS or AAS with my trt.....I don't mind doing high volume sets so much with bi's tri's delt's chest....but I'll be damned if I do more than 10 sets for quads (leg press or squat) or more than 10 sets for hams (as in deads mostly) :D I HATE DOING LEGS! But I do it anyways.