Starting BLR Exotherm. Why no hands?

speedracer59

Awards
On the bottle it says use your wrists to rub it in instead of hands. Any idea why?

MultiVitamin

MultiVitamin

Awards
Absorption... Wasting the least amount of product possible

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
The skin on your hands is thicker, therefore the product does not absorb as well.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
On the bottle it says use your wrists to rub it in instead of hands. Any idea why?
the hands absorb a lot of the product and after applying you wash them off, like pouring the product down the drain....use surgical gloves or even a sandwich baggie to apply.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never thought of a sandwich baggie. Haha but I've got a bottle of exotherm on its way. Can't wait to try it.

speedracer59

Awards
Makes sense. This stuff absorbs almost instantly. Every other TD I have used took a few min. to absorb.

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
I truly don't think this is necessary. Your hands will absorb some, and what doesn't absorb will get rubbed by your hand into somewhere else. I don't see how taking the time to put on gloves or trying to rub with your forearms will make a noticeable difference. Maybe on some very small level. I've had great success applying all my transdermals with ungloved hands, and will not be wasting time trying to save an unquantifiable amount product :). To each their own though..

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I truly don't think this is necessary. Your hands will absorb some, and what doesn't absorb will get rubbed by your hand into somewhere else. I don't see how taking the time to put on gloves or trying to rub with your forearms will make a noticeable difference. Maybe on some very small level. I've had great success applying all my transdermals with ungloved hands, and will not be wasting time trying to save an unquantifiable amount product :). To each their own though..
you are right since it takes at least an hour to put on gloves...not worth your time!!!

supplements are expensive, why not get the most you can from them?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Gloves are cheap, quick, and easy (set that one up for someone). Also, if you apply with your hands and don't wash them, I'd guess you have a higher risk of transfer to anyone you touch. Could be a problem if you have a significant other and/or kids.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
But, the main reason is, like others have said, absorption

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
But, the main reason is, like others have said, absorption
I get that. I know the skin is thinner at the wrists and therefore closer to blood vessels. It isn't a bad recommendation, I just personally don't notice a difference. I normally use my ungloved hands unless I'm rubbing one forearm into the other. For back and shoulders I use my ungloved hands, and it works great. I'm just not sold on there being a quantifiable difference between techniques.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I get that. I know the skin is thinner at the wrists and therefore closer to blood vessels. It isn't a bad recommendation, I just personally don't notice a difference. I normally use my ungloved hands unless I'm rubbing one forearm into the other. For back and shoulders I use my ungloved hands, and it works great. I'm just not sold on there being a quantifiable difference between techniques.
no one said YOU had to do it...it was just a suggestion!!!

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
One last word of advice: if you ever use a topical/transdermal containing capsacian, make sure you wash your hands before you pee

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
One last word of advice: if you ever use a topical/transdermal containing capsacian, make sure you wash your hands before you pee
he doesn't seem to be good at taking advice, lol.....live and learn!!!

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
he doesn't seem to be good at taking advice, lol.....live and learn!!!
You do live and learn, and that's why I can think for myself. But thanks kid. Just because my experience tells me that gloving my hand is unnecessary, does not mean I can't take advice lol. Where do you come up with this stuff? How about you take my advice and stop putting gloves on your hand? Oh what, you aren't good at taking advice? Haha to each his own. If you are trying to insult my intelligence, then provide me some links to scientific studies on the topic at hand(no pun intended), otherwise just listen to another point of view, minus your insults...sheesh.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You do live and learn, and that's why I can think for myself. But thanks kid. Just because my experience tells me that gloving my hand is unnecessary, does not mean I can't take advice lol. Where do you come up with this stuff? How about you take my advice and stop putting gloves on your hand? Oh what, you aren't good at taking advice? Haha to each his own. If you are trying to insult my intelligence, then provide me some links to scientific studies on the topic at hand(no pun intended), otherwise just listen to another point of view, minus your insults...sheesh.
you are right, i was out of line and i apologize...but i do thank you for calling me a kid, made me laugh, lol!!!

anabolix

Awards
  • Established
you are right, i was out of line and i apologize...but i do thank you for calling me a kid, made me laugh, lol!!!
It's all good! I got a good laugh at you calling me grasshopper too!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It's all good! I got a good laugh at you calling me grasshopper too!
lol...btw-i am 56!!!

although i sometimes might act childish, lol!!!