Answered Stacking a GDA with X-Gels

rrivers

Awards
I've been searching for an answer to this and haven't really found one, so forgive me if I overlooked a post somewhere.

Is taking a GDA with X-Gels worth it? My peri-workout supplement regimen would be:
  1. Two caps of Glycophase
  2. High carb pre-workout meal
  3. Gym 90 minutes later
  4. 10-15 minute warm-up
  5. 1.5g X-Gels w/ 2g ALCAR and 5g GMS
  6. Lift
  7. 15-20 mins into lift sip on shake with 25g protein and 50g carbs
Glycophase has ALA and Na-R-ALA which are anti-inflammatory, but unsure if on the same level as fish oil, curcumin, etc. Would the GDA taken this close to the ARA dose reduce ARA's efficacy or cancel it out entirely?

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I take both and notice no difference from Xgels since adding glycophase.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks for your reply. Is your dosing regimen close to what I described?

Similar yes. I usually take only one cal Glycophase tho. Xgels I usually take about 30 mins prior to lifting

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Your bang on bro....drive the carbs into you pre workout with the GDA. Dont change a thing. If someone does not feel a difference off adding the GDA in this scenerio....they are not eating enough carbs to utilize the GDA and or the GDA is crap and or they are lacking water.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Your bang on bro....drive the carbs into you pre workout with the GDA. Dont change a thing. If someone does not feel a difference off adding the GDA in this scenerio....they are not eating enough carbs to utilize the GDA and or the GDA is crap and or they are lacking water.

I was referring to not having the effects of the xgels minimized by the ingredients from glycophase. I currently stack both and it’s awesome

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I was referring to not having the effects of the xgels minimized by the ingredients from glycophase. I currently stack both and it’s awesome
Sorry for my confusion. Sounds like a super combo....cheers.

rrivers

Awards
I appreciate the confirmation. Just thought the anti-inflammatory effects of the ALA might be inhibiting the ArA in some way. I'll keep up the regimen I described and track my progress. No better test subject than myself.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Best bang for your buck big time by adding SNS Glycophase

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If you’re taking X-Gels ~90 mins after the GlycoPhase, I wouldn’t be too concerned.

But to confirm I understand correct, are you warming up for 10-15 mins then taking the X-Gels? I’d just take them before your warmup.

Also, I’d probably forgo the intra shake if you’re eating a meal 90 mins prior. People have their preferences, just my opinion. Oh, I’d also probably opt for EAA’s + Carbs over a protein shake intra

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
X gels and glycophase is a nice set up. I know a few people who have ran those two with positive results.

rrivers

Awards
If you’re taking X-Gels ~90 mins after the GlycoPhase, I wouldn’t be too concerned.

But to confirm I understand correct, are you warming up for 10-15 mins then taking the X-Gels? I’d just take them before your warmup.

Also, I’d probably forgo the intra shake if you’re eating a meal 90 mins prior. People have their preferences, just my opinion. Oh, I’d also probably opt for EAA’s + Carbs over a protein shake intra
I take the X-Gels after I warm up since I'm not completely fasted before I hit the gym. Read that was a workaround in the ArA Help Guide posted on this forum.

Also, I intake all of my carbs for the day around my workout so the shake helps me hit those macros and my body seems to utilize them better. The protein intake may be a bit high so I'll probably drop that to 12-15g, but I took this idea from Biotest's Plasma protocol and it has worked well for me. Always appreciate the input.