Squat n Milk

Bottle

Awards
anyone know this workout...

i'm just about to start it....I'll see if I can find a link and post it here if you aint got knowledge of it...

anythoughts

well I'm gonna be doing a version of it, but with deadlifts...but having trouble getting used to drinking all that milk...8 pints [shock smilie]

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Well, you're 2 for 2 now. Got any other assenine posts?:smite:

Bottle

Awards
dude I'm serious...wait let me get you the link....

at the moment i'm upto 4 pints a day, doing for a week now...getting my body used to takin all that milk...and been uppin my deadlifts in prep for the proper workout...

the routine says to take two weeks preping for it...so I am.

Bottle

Awards
here ya go...heres some details on the routine

http://tomgorman.moonfruit.com/gainingweight

its actually an old routine from before the days for suppliments...prob why you may not of heard of it...but its no joke.

weightlifter and old school body builders used to use this routine to bulk up

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Well, no doubt if you do what it says you'll gain weight. I would be skeptical of the QUALITY of that weight. What's the use of being "BIG" if you're just "BIG AND FAT"?

Bottle

Awards
obviously the technique is old, the original published article being from 1968, although the routine is from before then.

I dont think it will make you fat if youre working out hard.

and the protein in milk is to be of a sort thats specific for growing

I'm drinking semi skimmed anyrate...and many BB will used semi skimmmed milk for their Whey Protien shakes and other mass builders..its just this routine request more of it.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
in high school, it was impossible for me to gain weight. 6'1" at 165lbs. one summer i decided to drink 1 gallon of whole milk per day in addition to my regular diet, which at the time was only 3 massive meals a day, didn't know any better. 3 months later, i was 185 benching over 300lbs in 10th grade. there is some validity to it but it basically comes down to eating more calories and protein.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
hey if it works you then go for it. You'll have to pay attention to what kind of weight is gained as lean one mentioned.

I guess you're not a milk person to begin w/ because I can drink a half a gallon of milk b/t two meals at dinner time.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
the Super Squat (20 rep squat program) WORKS

it is incredibly hard and painful. probably the only thing i have done that equals the pain is a marathon.

it is partly the protein, but it is also the incredible systemic load that you take by having a barbell on your back for 2-4 minutes that it can take to complete the 20 rep set. it is similar in some ways to alexyeev's theories (olympic style weightlifter) about the effect on overall strength that having a bar on you for minutes at a time can do.

i was thinking about doing it again some day. very effective

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established

it is incredibly hard and painful. probably the only thing i have done that equals the pain is a marathon.

it is partly the protein, but it is also the incredible systemic load that you take by having a barbell on your back for 2-4 minutes that it can take to complete the 20 rep set. it is similar in some ways to alexyeev's theories (olympic style weightlifter) about the effect on overall strength that having a bar on you for minutes at a time can do.

i was thinking about doing it again some day. very effective
Is this similar to the eversopopular DC style 20 rep squat thing?

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
Yes, its similar to the DC or IA 20 rep squat program. Some people have slightly different styles though in holding the bar or racking the bar during the set.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Well I can say that I drank close a gallon a day (maybe 3/4's) before I knew any better and it did do well. It helped me gain weight and helped me cheaply get enough protein to continue to add strength. However the lack of solid food did not help me gain hard lean weight consistantly each week which is something bobo introduced to me. The squats are important tho. Everyone here can attest to that.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
that's a point good, gaining weight (good weight) without a solid food base is next to impossible
at least for me

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established

Wow, you equate them with a marathon. I have never ran a marathon, but I now think I could :D I try to do the all out 20 reppers once every 2 weeks and they really are a bitch...but they certainly do work.

VALIS

Awards
If I drank that much milk I could sh|t through a keyhole at 20 yards!

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
this thread kinda dried up and I wanna revisit it. In conjunction with the gallon of milk a day, what if you ate a solid bb diet on top of that. I am more interest in the training part of this concept. Think this will work? Sqwating three day a week is alot

mrbig

Awards
I've been drinling a gallon of milk my whole lifting life of 31 years you will get big just use skim or fat free.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
I am concerned about this workout as well.
Does anyone know if it is suitable for skinny guys?

and does it put mass on the whole body including biceps and shoulders?