I think squats and dead should be on separate days, I do legs on wens and focus the first quarter routine on squats, three sets of sumo then three close with knees touching feet toes pointing almost straight ahead, then the same styles on hack squat or leg press, I like doing dead s on Saturday with only cleans or on back day to start on a Monday two days before legs 5 - 6 sets deads first two or three sets working up to 90% weight for reps of 3 - 5 for 3 more sets then four to six sets of bent over rows, or switch then to whichever you wanna get more out of to start. . Or save your off day least two or more days after legs and back and just do your squats then dead if you want to focus on them and follow the 10 sets of 8 - 10 routine with a few sets of light weight reps of 15 - 20 to finish each one. . Make sure the weight is enough where you reach failure at or close to the desired reps.
I have been doing a lot of pyramid training lately to switch things up. It was a new challenge for me, as I have never done pyramids before. With squats they are a killer and tough cardiovascular for me too. You can also do them with deadlifts, different days would probably be the best place to start. Since its a lot of sets too, you won't need to do too many exercise on these days.
Sahara93 what are your goals with the squats and deads? Different programs work towards different things. Are you wanting to focus primarily on getting stronger, building muscle, or metabolic effect- burning fat?
Edit:
I have used several different workouts that you can find in my logs that I've done over the past year. Several custom made programs along with mountain dog and German Volume Training.
My goals are a bit of everything, I do want to increase my strength but I'd like to get bigger toned glutes and toned thighs mainly
And I figure that my strength will increase anyway
How do I find your logs?
My goals are a bit of everything, I do want to increase my strength but I'd like to get bigger toned glutes and toned thighs mainly
And I figure that my strength will increase anyway
How do I find your logs?