Split Oral Doses?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
With orals that have a short half life, is there a benefit to splitting the dose? For instance, Var is approximately 8 hours, so would taking 20mg twice per day work better/worse than 40mg once per day? Or even 20mg 3x/day vs 60mg once.

Codybenz

Codybenz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Theoretically yes. The more stable you can keep your blood levels the better results overall in the long run.

only exception to this would be a few orals only taken preworkout for strength in the gym, powerlifting etc. then you would want to spike your blood levels right before for performance

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
In theory it makes sense, which is why I asked, but I guess I'm looking for something a little more scientific. Even if it's broscience.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In theory it makes sense, which is why I asked, but I guess I'm looking for something a little more scientific. Even if it's broscience.
you want the stability of the levels and thus protein synthesis etc that the oral brings. AM PM dosing is pretty standard for most orals.

where I’m using anything pre workout it tends to be in addition to rather than in place of my standard oral (so I’ve used oral trest pwo on top of td trest am and pm or epiandro dosed only pwo but whilst also using winny or var etc.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm currently doing 60mg Winny single dose am. Thinking of breaking that up into 20mg morning, afternoon, and before bed.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm currently doing 60mg Winny single dose am. Thinking of breaking that up into 20mg morning, afternoon, and before bed.
personally I split am and pm but honestly it’s because id forget the afternoon dose if I didn’t 🤣

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Im in agreeance with the guys points above, but...

I prefer spiking levels with orals so do bolus dose prewo. I justify this due to the test/other oilz providing the "constant MPS/androgen receptor" stimulating baseline or foundation, the orals are largely for the workout peak.

Granted, I tend to stick to orals that tend to have an acute performance benefit, like adrol/sdrol/mtren, and rarely use something like var anymore.

Ultimately I think both approaches "work". Outside of oral-only cycles Im not convinced there will be any significant endpoint differences.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im in agreeance with the guys points above, but...

I prefer spiking levels with orals so do bolus dose prewo. I justify this due to the test/other oilz providing the "constant MPS/androgen receptor" stimulating baseline or foundation, the orals are largely for the workout peak.

Granted, I tend to stick to orals that tend to have an acute performance benefit, like adrol/sdrol/mtren, and rarely use something like var anymore.

Ultimately I think both approaches "work". Outside of oral-only cycles Im not convinced there will be any significant endpoint differences.
yeah that’s a good point. Definitely if running test plus deca/tren/primo etc then you’ve other compounds doing what the split dose would also do.....

trumac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In theory it should matter. But in practice I doubt it makes a significant difference. I dose my SD in the am and just go with it. I tend to agree with Nac on this one. You are generally injecting anyway and that is covering the stable blood blah blah blahs

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It also depends a bit on the overall dosig and what other gear is run with it.

On Dianaboll dosing:

"If one takes into account that the half-life of methandrostenolone in the body is only 3-6 hours, this theory makes even more sense. So taking your daily dose spread over 3 or 4 doses may elicit a better effect than only 1 or 2 doses. Methandrostenolone is quite effective in these lower doses by the way. Milligram for Milligram its more powerful than a testosterone ester, generally considered the best mass-builder.

A few notes there need to be made however. Not everyone should try and spread their doses out over multiple servings. First of all there is a slightly lower efficacy to take into account here as well due to two characteristics. The first being that you feed the total amount to the liver in smaller portions, yet the liver still manages to metabolize the same amount. Percentage wise that means less methandienone would make it through totally. The second would be that the peak levels aren't quite as high since no large doses are taken all at once. These two facts make it hard to recommend that just anyone take multiple doses. People who take moderate to low doses of ONLY methandrostenolone should probably opt for a single morning dose. This delivers a higher peak level and more survival of your only steroid. It also, due to the short half-life, makes the drug clear the body before the body produces its largest dose of natural testosterone, the early hours of sleep. Combined with the already mild effect at the AR, you could keep a good amount of your gains when using clomid or Nolvadex post-cycle. For those using it in conjunction with other, mostly injectable steroids, two doses seems to be the better choice, if you are taking in excess of 40 mg a day perhaps even three doses."

Last edited:
MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
It also depends a bit on the overall dosig and what other gear is run with it.

On Dianaboll dsoding:

"If one takes into account that the half-life of methandrostenolone in the body is only 3-6 hours, this theory makes even more sense. So taking your daily dose spread over 3 or 4 doses may elicit a better effect than only 1 or 2 doses. Methandrostenolone is quite effective in these lower doses by the way. Milligram for Milligram its more powerful than a testosterone ester, generally considered the best mass-builder.

A few notes there need to be made however. Not everyone should try and spread their doses out over multiple servings. First of all there is a slightly lower efficacy to take into account here as well due to two characteristics. The first being that you feed the total amount to the liver in smaller portions, yet the liver still manages to metabolize the same amount. Percentage wise that means less methandienone would make it through totally. The second would be that the peak levels aren't quite as high since no large doses are taken all at once. These two facts make it hard to recommend that just anyone take multiple doses. People who take moderate to low doses of ONLY methandrostenolone should probably opt for a single morning dose. This delivers a higher peak level and more survival of your only steroid. It also, due to the short half-life, makes the drug clear the body before the body produces its largest dose of natural testosterone, the early hours of sleep. Combined with the already mild effect at the AR, you could keep a good amount of your gains when using clomid or Nolvadex post-cycle. For those using it in conjunction with other, mostly injectable steroids, two doses seems to be the better choice, if you are taking in excess of 40 mg a day perhaps even three doses."

Thank you! This is exactly the sort of info I was looking for! 😃

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
With orals that have a short half life, is there a benefit to splitting the dose? For instance, Var is approximately 8 hours, so would taking 20mg twice per day work better/worse than 40mg once per day? Or even 20mg 3x/day vs 60mg once.
Don’t overthink the shiet man, at the end of the day everyone is different and has different preferences. Keeping more consistent and steady levels would probably help to insure that your body is in the optimal state at all times, but then again, some oral steroids shine better workouts for instance. If I were taking 60mg dbol a day I’d probably do like 40mg pwo then spread the other 2 doses of 10mg later in the day and I think that’d personally benefit me the best; everyone is different and will have different preferences and whatnot.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Damn any severe back pumps?
Yeah, definitely! Lots of time on the roller between sets flopping around like a helpless baby!

I actually upped it to 30mg 3x per day. Tomorrow is a pull day and I'm a little scared... Hahaha

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Twice a day is plenty unless it’s a drug with under an 8 hour half-life. I’d do 40mg pre-workout and 20mg for the other dose 🤷🏻‍♂️

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Twice a day is plenty unless it’s a drug with under an 8 hour half-life. I’d do 40mg pre-workout and 20mg for the other dose 🤷🏻‍♂️
I have been taking 20mg at 8am, 4pm, and midnight for weeks now and it is going really well! I think I will stick to this schedule in the future with orals.

Zvch

Zvch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been taking 20mg at 8am, 4pm, and midnight for weeks now and it is going really well! I think I will stick to this schedule in the future with orals.
Nice. I’m always OCD like if I don’t have the bigger portion of the split dose before my workout, I won’t have as good of a workout. Probably all in my head though.

Glad it’s working dude. I love Winny. Feel (and look) amazing on it.