Spilanthes/Basella/rubus 100%+ test increase?

619sss

Awards
Has anyone tried Spilanthes Acmella or Basella Alba or Rubus?
Anacyclus pyrethrum libido booster?

https://examine.com/supplements/spilanthes-acmella/
With controls at 1.73 ± 0.11 ng/mL testosterone, supplementation increased testosterone levels by 20%, 68%, and 115% at 50mg/kg bodyweight, 100mg/kg and 150mg/kg respectively after 28 days of supplementation.

https://examine.com/supplements/rubus-coreanus/
It says rubus coreanus can rise test by 700% but it I don't think it's true.

https://examine.com/supplements/basella-alba/
One study using a 2:1 ratio of Hibiscus macranthus and Basella Alba given at the equivalent of 108mg/kg bodyweight dry plant weight noted that testosterone was increased by both the fresh and dry leaf extract at day 7 (125.5-190.6% of control value) and day 15 (160.7-176.6% control level), with increases (154.4%) seen at day 3 with dry leaf extract.[5]In vitro, a methanolic extract of a mixture of equal parts Hibiscus macranthus and Basella Alba exerts most benefit at 50ug/mL.[6]

https://examine.com/supplements/anacyclus-pyrethrum/
I also so Anacyclus pyrethrum as a super libido booster and it increase test.
A water extract of anacyclus pyrethrum at 50-100mg/kg over 28 days appears to possess libido enhancing properties due to enhancing the penile erection index (202%), mounting and intromission frequency (increases of 196-266% and 173-384%, respectively), and latency time for mounting and intromission (82-90% and 63-76% of baseline, respectively).[10] All parameters follow dose and time dependence (100mg/kg outperforming 50mg/kg and 28 days outperforming 15 days) and persisted for up to 15 days after supplementation[10] and similar values have been noted elsewhere with the petroleum ether extract.[11]

Either way I think I'll test them, I saw a them in Amazon

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Tried 8 weeks of a product with Anacyclus... never bought it again. Haven't tried the other two - and won't :)

jakecake

jakecake

Awards
Has anyone tried Spilanthes Acmella or Basella Alba or Rubus?
Anacyclus pyrethrum libido booster?

https://examine.com/supplements/spilanthes-acmella/
With controls at 1.73 ± 0.11 ng/mL testosterone, supplementation increased testosterone levels by 20%, 68%, and 115% at 50mg/kg bodyweight, 100mg/kg and 150mg/kg respectively after 28 days of supplementation.

https://examine.com/supplements/rubus-coreanus/
It says rubus coreanus can rise test by 700% but it I don't think it's true.

https://examine.com/supplements/basella-alba/
One study using a 2:1 ratio of Hibiscus macranthus and Basella Alba given at the equivalent of 108mg/kg bodyweight dry plant weight noted that testosterone was increased by both the fresh and dry leaf extract at day 7 (125.5-190.6% of control value) and day 15 (160.7-176.6% control level), with increases (154.4%) seen at day 3 with dry leaf extract.[5]In vitro, a methanolic extract of a mixture of equal parts Hibiscus macranthus and Basella Alba exerts most benefit at 50ug/mL.[6]

https://examine.com/supplements/anacyclus-pyrethrum/
I also so Anacyclus pyrethrum as a super libido booster and it increase test.
A water extract of anacyclus pyrethrum at 50-100mg/kg over 28 days appears to possess libido enhancing properties due to enhancing the penile erection index (202%), mounting and intromission frequency (increases of 196-266% and 173-384%, respectively), and latency time for mounting and intromission (82-90% and 63-76% of baseline, respectively).[10] All parameters follow dose and time dependence (100mg/kg outperforming 50mg/kg and 28 days outperforming 15 days) and persisted for up to 15 days after supplementation[10] and similar values have been noted elsewhere with the petroleum ether extract.[11]

Either way I think I'll test them, I saw a them in Amazon
I lived the old man sports prxt the pyrethrum extract is Awsome but it will make you very nauseous!!

jakecake

jakecake

Awards
Def worked tho I gained alil if I remember correctly

jakecake

jakecake

Awards
My dolphinshark loved that spilanthes he's grown two more flippers in 30 days lmfao

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Is the anti-murine attitude an intuitive thing? Or are people basing it on something more substantial than prejudice?

Or, is it based on certain MoA's and not others? Cos some of the posters ITT I note are supporters of other board brands that utilise murine studies in their product writeups.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I love some of you guys sometimes. Research on rats doesn't work. No research at all must work...
No, but you cannot extrapolate 1 for 1 from a rat. A rat is what a researcher uses to deternine if something is worth exploring in human trials. It is far cheaper and more easily controlled than a human, but plenty of rat studies never translate into human results. You know this.

A 700% test increase is appliciable to humans?

It's not anti murine at all, it's about recognising you won't experience a 100% increase in test like what the thread title says. Does that imply worthlessness? Not at all. But be realistic about the results.

jakecake

jakecake

Awards
No, but you cannot extrapolate 1 for 1 from a rat. A rat is what a researcher uses to deternine if something is worth exploring in human trials. It is far cheaper and more easily controlled than a human, but plenty of rat studies never translate into human results. You know this.

A 700% test increase is appliciable to humans? Cmon.
I'd be all over that stuff lol

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Research the "Mouse Model" for Cancer and Alzheimer's - lots of fail there. It (a mouse/rat) works for some stuff, but not for a lot of stuff. As far as "Test" goes, blood work is stupid cheap to prove a supplement raises Test, how much, and that'll tell you if it is worth the $30 to $70 a month. If I was selling one, I'd have my 10 or 20 employees use it and do blood work to prove it works in that small study group at least. I'd do as much as possible to have the results honest and verifiable (this assumes no douche-baggery on the part of the company/employees of course) - It would cost what - $600-$1200? But you rarely (ever?) see this - only vague statements ("One user experienced..." ONE?!), or "Logs" by customers who may have just done 8 weeks of Clomid too. Look at the Prolensis TM safety study (company sponsored) - you mean to tell me all that blood work to prove Liver Safety and they couldn't look at Testosterone too? LOL.

Some of them do *something* - even I get more acne on some stuff, but that's it for me. When I stop, I don't feel worse, lose strength, get less horny, or get fatter. I'd say if you are low-normal but above clinical TRT, they *may* do something worthwhile in the feel good/fat loss dept - but you'd have to weigh out just what that something is worth for $30-$70 a month. But these 700% claims, especially when it's intimated that muscle and strength are involved... be wary.

NewAgeMayan

Awards

A 700% test increase is appliciable to humans?

It's not anti murine at all, it's about recognising you won't experience a 100% increase in test like what the thread title says. Does that imply worthlessness? Not at all. But be realistic about the results.
Research the "Mouse Model" for Cancer and Alzheimer's - lots of fail there. It (a mouse/rat) works for some stuff, but not for a lot of stuff.

Some of them do *something* - even I get more acne on some stuff, but that's it for me. When I stop, I don't feel worse, lose strength, get less horny, or get fatter. I'd say if you are low-normal but above clinical TRT, they *may* do something worthwhile in the feel good/fat loss dept - but you'd have to weigh out just what that something is worth for $30-$70 a month. But these 700% claims, especially when it's intimated that muscle and strength are involved... be wary.
Pretty reasonable justifications/clarifications, gents :cheers: