Sore Tendons

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious does anyone get sore Tendons from heavy lifting sessions? It doesn't get in the way of my sessions but it's pretty much always there. Guess I'm just getting old.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Just curious does anyone get sore Tendons from heavy lifting sessions? It doesn't get in the way of my sessions but it's pretty much always there. Guess I'm just getting old.
Me.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes. Be sure you get warmed up well. Do some light cardio for 10-15 minutes and some light lifting before. It works for me. Doesn’t totally take the soreness away but does minimize it quite a bit. And yes you’re probably getting old, lol! I’m 45 so I can say that.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never had any of these issues until this past spring and it proceeded to get worse in recent months. I actually took time off the gym recently as my body was obviously telling me enough was enough. I seem to have a mix of golfers and tennis elbow with lots of forearm tightness.

My chiropractor has me massaging my ECRB muscle and tendon, which I do with my opposing elbow. It really allows me to get in there and apply some good steady force. This seems to be helping. I would prefer that he would just get up in there for the $60 that I pay him to see me for 5 minutes and crack my neck a few times...but it is what it is. I am also rolling out the top side of my forearm with a tennis ball...easier said than done.

It must partially be a blessing that comes with being over 40, as I am 42..

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wear forearm sleeves when I lift to relieve tension on the Tendons.

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I also supplement Chaos and Pains joint spectrum powder to reduce inflammation.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Very rarely but I do supplement with a Cnut load of turmeric

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yep I have some pains as well. Heavy lifting in general catches up with most everyone.

Sns joint support xt and fish oil help me out quite a bit and help more than just tendons. Can’t reccomend a good supp and warmup enough

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have tried virtually EVERYTHING supplement wise...natty and not natty. Nothing has succeeded in helping my tendons per say. I think it is more so the self massage/rolling work that seems to make the difference. Maybe Iconogenin has been helping too..

I have also been on Somatozine for the past month or so...and just started Ostarine yesterday. I used 2 bottles of BPC-157 when this all began last Spring and didn’t appreciate any notable difference.

I have been curious about Achilles by Antaeus Labs, as it is specifically made for joints and tendons. It also has a few novel ingredients.

http://www.antaeuslabs.com/product/achilles/

Borashi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah. I get around 6000 mg fish oil daily. Tried Genoflex not really impressed. I just work thru the pain, I've accepted it as always just being there, I'll give the tumeric a shot though.

Humble

Humble

Awards
  • Established
At age 61, I try to focus on what I call “strength range” reps (5-8) and “stamina range” reps (10-15).

After 35 years away from the weight room I was suffering from osteoarthritis, tendinitis, fasciitis, and bursitis in my shoulder, knee, and hip joints. Two years ago, I started hitting the weights again. My lifts are all in the strength and stamina rep ranges and now I rarely suffer from those conditions anymore.

The “power range” rep range (1-4) really puts too much stress on my connective tissues so I rarely do them.

Everyone is different, but the higher rep ranges have worked miracles for me.

It may be worth a try for you young guys as well.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe, stay strong!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I do take BioCell Collagen, and I don’t need nearly as much chap stick in the winter and my lips rarely crack. That stuff does well for skin hydration etc. This gelatin is certainly a different approach, I will have to look at it more. I do recall somebody on here recently reporting success with it!
Yeah. I get around 6000 mg fish oil daily. Tried Genoflex not really impressed. I just work thru the pain, I've accepted it as always just being there, I'll give the tumeric a shot though.
I take 1,000mg Curcumin C3 Complex per day, along with Liquid fish oil and Krill oil capsules (some days). I seem to do better on the liquid fish oil if I had to chose one. Also, about 3 grams of OptiMSM/day.

I also went through many bottles of various brands of Cissus. I guess that didn’t really do much since I had been using that since last Spring. I have not reordered.

I am starting to think that I may have secondary inflammation form taking too many anti-inflammatories ;)

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
At age 61, I try to focus on what I call “strength range” reps (5-8) and “stamina range” reps (10-15).

After 35 years away from the weight room I was suffering from osteoarthritis, tendinitis, fasciitis, and bursitis in my shoulder, knee, and hip joints. Two years ago, I started hitting the weights again. My lifts are all in the strength and stamina rep ranges and now I rarely suffer from those conditions anymore.

The “power range” rep range (1-4) really puts too much stress on my connective tissues so I rarely do them.

Everyone is different, but the higher rep ranges have worked miracles for me.

It may be worth a try for you young guys as well.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe, stay strong!
Yeah, I am basically always in the 10-15 range. Have been for years. Even when my body felt great, I rarely felt comfortable working in the lower rep range. I don’t care about moving an impressive amount of weight and I surely don’t go for PR’s on a regular basis, they just come naturally when they come. I enjoy my time in the gym, as well as the physical/mental benefits, so I want to keep that up as long as possible.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i experience the same thing!! the pain lingers for weeks!! extremely frustrating. every time i try to up the weight and make gains .....boom.....tendon pain. i used adjustable forearm straps for a long time. those, seemed to help.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is only regarding tennis elbow type tendon pain. But this plus a couple other forearm exercises each week has taken mine from being unable to pick up a gallon of milk to 85% pain free now....anyway - in case you guys are struggling with this type too

https://youtu.be/7kTNk3qEuLM

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
will have to check it out. thanks man.
I brushed off that video 100 times til I had nothing to lose lol. Was really shocked how it helped in just the first 2 weeks

Talldude

Talldude

Awards
I worked out hard yesterday and now my glutes are sure. (Yes i sprained my ass) lol. How long do you guys wait before working that muscle group again? I am thinking at least today needs to be a rest day, but I want to get the opinions of other more experienced weight lifters.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yes, youve got to back off, and do more reps, otherwise you keep pushing yull get hurt.

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I brushed off that video 100 times til I had nothing to lose lol. Was really shocked how it helped in just the first 2 weeks
trying that technique. will see if it helps.