Sore Knees....tendons, cartilage..bone?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if this is best placed in Supplement for another subforum, but I guess this is the best place as I'm looking for a little something to take to help.

Basically i wasn't doing much cardio. Recently I started jogging again. After 2 session at about 20-30 minutes my knees killed. It feels like the tendon and/or cartilage under my kneecap (possibly acl or mcl) is bruised. I took a week off and started again yesterday alternating jogging/walking (basically the "couch to 5k" program) to see if I can't get my knees into shape. Today, they are sore again. It feels as though my leg bones are grinding and very little cushion in the knee area in addition to the slightly sore knee tendons/ligaments. My knees feel structurally weak if that makes sense.

Should I just continue the program and hope they get into better shape (along with icing them)? Should I go for something like cissus? Should I just quite cardio and lift more instead :) ?

PR2525

Awards
I have had a lot of problems with my knees aching and Cissus helped out quite a bit. :)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Cissius and make sur you have good shoes. I got New Balance 8505s and they are very easy on the feet and legs.

This is what my Dr. said i had 2-3 years ago. Good shoes, checking form, and certain rehab type excersizes have helped me out alot. I still get minor soreness. Also i wear a knee sleeve with no hole to keep pressure and warmth on it. Hope it gets better man.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
recently I've had some horrible knee aches, I mean the throbbing is almost unbearable...I can't figure out what it is, only thing is I just came off Havoc, but I can't see a corelation from that, so i dunno...

I been taking Glucosamine pills 2-3 times a day and also incresed my vitamin intake, so we'll see if it helps, so far my knees have been okay, besides that one night (3 days ago)

I think I might try some UPS Labs Super Cissus RX

Topfueljunkie

Topfueljunkie

Awards
recently I've had some horrible knee aches, I mean the throbbing is almost unbearable...I can't figure out what it is, only thing is I just came off Havoc, but I can't see a corelation from that, so i dunno...

Havoc (or any similar clone for that matter) are known for having anti-e properties and from what I've heard it can dry out the joints pretty bad so that could very well be why you had the soreness in the knees. Unless of course it only happened AFTER you were done and you didn't have any symptoms DURING like one would expect. That's the only thing I can think of. I've read several logs from people who mentioned soreness during the cycle from epi/havoc in the joints. Less e usually means less water and thats not the greatest for the joints.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Havoc (or any similar clone for that matter) are known for having anti-e properties and from what I've heard it can dry out the joints pretty bad so that could very well be why you had the soreness in the knees. Unless of course it only happened AFTER you were done and you didn't have any symptoms DURING like one would expect. That's the only thing I can think of. I've read several logs from people who mentioned soreness during the cycle from epi/havoc in the joints. Less e usually means less water and thats not the greatest for the joints.

right, I only expereinced this soreness a few days after the cycle...my knees feel better now tho so who knows, it was very odd and painfull tho

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've had some bulk cissus laying around for a while. I'm ready to start trying it out to help me recover from my knee that had major reconstruction on it, but what kind of dosing should I implement?

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
osteobolin-c will help you out tremendously

tattoopierced1

I've had some bulk cissus laying around for a while. I'm ready to start trying it out to help me recover from my knee that had major reconstruction on it, but what kind of dosing should I implement?

I find that 2-4g ED of cissus gets me healed up pretty quick.

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds great...I'm not expecting to heal up considering it's been 11 months and I can't even jog yet..but if I get any analgesic or anti-inflammatory response I'd be more than happy.

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Here is an excellent review of someone using USPLabs Cissus RX to help their knees:

I have now taken one bottle of Cissus.

My dosing protocol is as follows:

2 caps 3x day

My log on cAMP/C2 is here, where I have given my initial impressions of this product.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=660860

I have had knee problem since Sophmore year of HS during football season. This is probably due to overtraining, but I was young and dumb. You know what they say, the youth is wasted on the young. Well, they're right. :D

So, I have been put on the NSAID, Mobic, quite a few times by my Orthopedic doc. It usually helps with the pain a bit while I'm on it, and the swelling goes down.

Well, over the Christmas break I was back home from school, and I was running routes with a weight jacket everyday with my buddy that plays college ball just having fun. Apparently, the fun seemed to have put a little too much stress on my knee though, and from doing squats 2x a week, my knee wasn't on good terms with me at the time. So I went in to my Ortho. and he decided it was time to get an MRI, because I might have torn my meniscus. After the MRI, I went back in and he declared it was seriously inflamed and I needed to stay off it for a month. No running, squatting, nothing. He said all 4 ligaments, namely PCL, LCL, MCL, ACL, were all strained and needed a good month off. Also, the meniscus was very inflamed and needed to be rested also.

Well, he presribes the Mobic once again, and I decided (smart I know) to not take it because of the studies I had read that had to do with NSAIDs messing up protein synthesis or something along those lines. It really doesn't hurt much unless I put stress on it, so it was all good.

I tell this entire story, so there is some background info. that I have suffered this injury for a good long time now on and off. I know how it feels when it's inflamed and when it's not and all those other pain factors.

Well, after one bottle of Cissus, I can honestly say this product has done exactly what it is said to do. My pain went away in less than a week. I actually could bodyweight squats with no sign of pain. I cant get a bit "Rambo"-like at times, and while I was working out I wanted to just go throw the weight on the bar and do some squats, but I digress... I stayed away from squats for about 3 and a half weeks, and then started back up. My knee pain was completey gone and still is. I still have another bottle of Cissus and I plan on buying more also. Cissus worked wonders on my knee problem.

That is all.
Any questions, feel free to ask.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=8813544&postcount=1

DaveGabe24

DaveGabe24

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had a six hour surgery, with an achilles heel screwed on to my fibula :p

So I see he had great success, but mine is a little different than a sore, abused knee ;)

His injury would have come close if he had torn all those ligaments though :frustrate :(

Edit: I just realized how many smileys I used....wow lol

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Cissus RX worked wonders for me. I used to jump out of planes for a living. (Airborne)

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
cissus is great I've had several knee injurys and I can tell the difference when I dont take the cissus my knee's hurt alot more so I have to make sure not to run out of the cissus anymore or no more HIIT also a knee sleeve helps

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'll try out either cissus or osteo-c. I never had any serious knee injury but I want to avoid injuring them or having them hurt like they do now to the point where I can't run. I could even run after a frisbee in the park the other day. I should get another knee sleeve too, I only have one at the moment.

dmillz224

dmillz224

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies fellas. I'll try out either cissus or osteo-c. I never had any serious knee injury but I want to avoid injuring them or having them hurt like they do now to the point where I can't run. I could even run after a frisbee in the park the other day. I should get another knee sleeve too, I only have one at the moment.
seriously though try the cissus and your should feel the difference immediatly I did within a day or so....

best of luck bro

themandaloria

Awards
One of my friends told me cissus works good, i don't run though

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cissus RX worked wonders for me. I used to jump out of planes for a living. (Airborne)
I have jumped out of a plane a couple times myself- I can see how the landing would really create some issues over time- the last jump I did I tore my ankle all to ****...