Someone please help me understand test cream VS injection.

N

n3rd

Awards
I'll start with I've ran two cycles previously, test cyp at 500ml a week.
Ran my PCT, waited several months went to Dr to get test levels measured.

Test levels came back at 413...

She ended up prescribing me cream (testosterone in lipoderm 20% cream) 2 pumps (1GM)
Now I'm not sure if anyone has used the creams before, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to keep up on. (Especially being a single father of 2)

Called Doc, asked for injection. Now I'm prescribed 100ml weekly....
I'm trying to get my head wrapped around how much a difference between the cream and the injection is.
To me, it seems the cream would translate to roughly 200ml a week.. Is that correct?

side note, starting to prep for another cycle. Anyone have experience with a blast + cruise (cruising at 100ml) type cycle.. ?

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey brother. I started TRT with compound cream and switched to injections just for convenience. From what I understand, cream is a daily application and doesn’t cause the spikes / up and downs of T levels that injections cause. It’s more of a steady release so people see less sides. I’ve been totally fine on my 160mg / week injections. I inject Monday and Thursday mornings into my quads and don’t have to worry about rubbing the cream up on the mrs, or sweating it off at work. However it did take me a while to get to the right dosage / protocol with the injections. I also had to add HCG because my nuts were non existent and sperm count became quite low, I’d like to have kids within the next few years. However once I included HCG my mood and energy and overall feeling of well being increased.

I’m sure others will chime in with more advice, and anyone please correct me if I’m wrong

B

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I used 200mg Cyp and didn’t feel any different when I switched to cream for a month or so, I do not remember how much cream I took though... a few pumps on the inside of my wrist that I rubbed on my shoulders after.

I had a young son at the time so I switched from mornings to before bed after I showered and stayed away from my wife for a 20-30 min or so, the cream should be absorbed by then, it worked fine for me but injections is so much more convenient, I only did 1 200mg shot a week :)

I feel that the cream is good but the gel is garbage.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suggest joining a FB group called Testosterone Replacement Therapy Discussion. Tons of TRT users there. Group is run by 30 year TRT user.

N

n3rd

Awards
Does anyone happen to know what the cream 1gm translates to in terms of mg with injection? Does that make sense?
Am I getting the same amount of test in the injection as I was in the cream?

N

n3rd

Awards
I submitted the request to join. Thanks for the heads up, man..

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
413 is low, but not in trt range, I would question the knowledge of my Dr. For prescribing trt. Especially without trying to raise your test levels first.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
413 is low, but not in trt range, I would question the knowledge of my Dr. For prescribing trt. Especially without trying to raise your test levels first.
Pay attention to the details... ;)

Patient and practitioner have little knowledge on the matter. This is not TRT.

I'll start with I've ran two cycles previously, test cyp at 500ml a week.
Ran my PCT, waited several months went to Dr to get test levels measured.

Test levels came back at 413...

She ended up prescribing me cream (testosterone in lipoderm 20% cream) 2 pumps (1GM)
Now I'm not sure if anyone has used the creams before, but it's kind of a pain in the ass to keep up on. (Especially being a single father of 2)

Called Doc, asked for injection. Now I'm prescribed 100ml weekly....
I'm trying to get my head wrapped around how much a difference between the cream and the injection is.
To me, it seems the cream would translate to roughly 200ml a week.. Is that correct?

side note, starting to prep for another cycle. Anyone have experience with a blast + cruise (cruising at 100ml) type cycle.. ?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In general, any dermal product like this will only have a 10-20% absorption rate of the main compound, which is obviously not even close to what IM inj will give.

N

n3rd

Awards
There was a bit of information purposely left out in regards as to why the Dr placed me on TRT.
413 was more of a baseline, considering test levels are on the lower end of the spectrum. Perhaps taking note of only the test levels and none of the other symptoms, I could see why the above statements were made.
I’d be willing to discuss via PM.
I did join the group, information is obviously needed. Internet and FB are great resources.

((Vibe))

((Vibe))

Awards
No one can say for sure how much TD test equates to how much injectable test, for your body. One could guess and maybe get reasonably close, but there are a number of factors involved (including carrier of gel/cream, application site, condition of your skin, your own body chemistry, subcutaneous injection vs intramuscular injection, there is even a difference in release rates between injection sites, etc.)

Generally speaking though, injectable test can get your levels much higher than gels/creams. (for some guys TD test is barely enough to bring them into range). Again it depends and the only way to answer this question, for your own body, is via bloodwork.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
No one can say for sure how much TD test equates to how much injectable test, for your body. One could guess and maybe get reasonably close, but there are a number of factors involved (including carrier of gel/cream, application site, condition of your skin, your own body chemistry, subcutaneous injection vs intramuscular injection, there is even a difference in release rates between injection sites, etc.)

Generally speaking though, injectable test can get your levels much higher than gels/creams. (for some guys TD test is barely enough to bring them into range). Again it depends and the only way to answer this question, for your own body, is via bloodwork.
Helping out our ancestors. ❤