Some things to consider about Boldenolone Undecylenate.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Disclaimer: this post is meant to nothing but take up bandwidth. I am not someone that you should be getting advice of any kind from. Remember the adage about free advice.

Boldenolone Undecylenate or Boldenone Undecylenate (Alterative spellings) also known as Equipoise (EQ) is a popular veterinary steroid and beyond that there isn’t a lot of agreement on it. And the profiles have it listed from everything from a wonder drug to worthless. It has along half life, around 16 days and has the distinction of being a liquid at room temp in its raw form. It’s easy to inject and is often used to cut painful gear (the same can not be said for its short ester cousins). It is also one of the most misunderstood and misused steroids around. I don’t mean misused as in abused but as in not being used correctly. This is why a lot of people will say that it didn’t do anything for them, they did not plan there cycles right. Here are some of the major reasons why.

1. Didn’t run the stuff long enough. EQ has a half life of around 16 days. That means that it takes about 6 weeks to “kick in”. “Kick in” being defined here as having enough build up in the depot to allow ~75% or more of the intended dosage to be released to the body plus the time it takes to take effect. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen someone tell a newbie to run a test and EQ or nandrolone decanoate cycle for 8 or 10 weeks. If you think about this it’s obvious that it isn’t long enough. . Your at the end of your cycle just when things are getting good.

2. Didn’t run enough of the stuff. I don’t care what the profiles say; EQ is not a strong steroid at all. It’s around 40-60% as strong as testosterone. There are lots of numbers around but these fit best with the real world results. Most people tend to think of EQ as a additional steroid that you run with testosterone so they will run less of the EQ as a ratio to the testosterone. The problem with this is that if your running 600mg a week of testosterone and you want a 3 to 2 ratio that leaves you with 400mg of EQ. That’s worth about 200mg of testosterone. Yes you will see something especially if you account for the synergy between the two but you are hardly going to see the full effects of the steroid. The magic number for EQ seams to be around 600 to 800mg a week. Beyond a gram you see an exponential rate of diminishing returns.(the people that I know that have tried it have all said that it was a waste to run past a gram). I am not advocating running large doses of steroid but people should not be complaining about not seeing results when they are only running the equivalent of an HRT dose of testosterone.

3. Didn’t run it at all in a cycle due to running nandrolone decanoate. A lot of people and profiles list EQ as having the same action as nandrolone decanoate. This is a hold over from receptor theory and its bull****. Someone didn’t bother to try it rather they held to the theory or whatever “medical” reasoning is being used to make this statement. The only problem with doing this is that you’re starting to take a lot of injections at this point assuming that you’re running testosterone with this. Everyone that I know that has tried this loved it. Theories need to account for real world results before we take stock in them.

4. Didn’t want to run the stuff without testosterone. EQ can be ran just fine without anything else. You will not see massive gains but you see nice sold gains and endurance. Its not a great muscle builder but as an all around steroid it is an attractive option. Especially if you have any kind of joint or other health problems for that matter EQ can actually help you out as opposed to testosterone which is bad for connective tissues. EQ also has less side affects then testosterone and can be ran when health considerations rule out other steroids.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Nice post!

Makes boldenone base even that much more appealing!:D

BV

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Downside for me is the painfull pumps it gives me even at a low dose. Not a problem for most but I am a cardio hound.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
4. Didn’t want to run the stuff without testosterone. EQ can be ran just fine without anything else. You will not see massive gains but you see nice sold gains and endurance. Its not a great muscle builder but as an all around steroid it is an attractive option. Especially if you have any kind of joint or other health problems for that matter EQ can actually help you out as opposed to testosterone which is bad for connective tissues. EQ also has less side affects then testosterone and can be ran when health considerations rule out other steroids.
Interesting post. Won't running it without test cause some serious libido issues however?

bodysculpt

Awards
What are your thoughts on running an Equipoise only cycle for a beginner? for a good 12 weeks? i hear the addition of a little Test is advisable for libido but i dont like that idea as you'd have to start running a lot of PCT? i may be able to get 60ML Boldenone Undecylenate at 400mg/ml so that means 60 weeks at 400mg a week!? (yay i can count)

other than nolva, what other PCT's should it be stacked with?

PS im not looking for massive gains, rather slower yet retainable gains.

Cheers

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on running an Equipoise only cycle for a beginner? for a good 12 weeks? i hear the addition of a little Test is advisable for libido but i dont like that idea as you'd have to start running a lot of PCT? i may be able to get 60ML Boldenone Undecylenate at 400mg/ml so that means 60 weeks at 400mg a week!? (yay i can count)

other than nolva, what other PCT's should it be stacked with?

PS im not looking for massive gains, rather slower yet retainable gains.

Cheers
Sorry I missed this but first off I don't believe that EQ will hurt the libido, I have never heard of it doing so. In thorey it should help it but I have never heard of it doing much there ether. As it it is vet steriod its kinda hard to look that item up.

For a first cycle yes EQ is fine but Test is probably better. And your going to have to do a full PCT what ever you do, EQ is suppresive as well. 400mg a week is on the low side though, reread the first post.

What are your stats? that would help a lot.

bardag

Awards
Thanks for replying, Im getting 20mls eq @ 300mg/ml with 5000iu HCG tomoro.
so i guess i could run it for 10-12 weeks? I could do 600mg a week at 10 weeks with this amount..?

at a rough guess im probably 93kg at 20% bodyfat, i'd be happy with 10lbs gain and drop the BF% down to 12% realistically, for this cycle at least... main goal is to retain a larger percentage of my gains this time round, do the whole PCT and during CT properly.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
10 weeks isn't long enough for eq

93kg is roughly 205lbs ... at 20%bf you have 163lbs of LBM .. to gain 10 pounds and drop 8%bf you'd have 190lbs of LBM
there is NO WAY you're going to gain 27lbs of LBM in 10 weeks ... especially with a mild steriod like eq .. its just basically impossible

to be honest at 205 with such a high bf % you're better off getting your diet nailed down and perfecting your training

anyway like i said 10 weeks of eq isn't really long enough

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sorry I missed this but first off I don't believe that EQ will hurt the libido, I have never heard of it doing so. In thorey it should help it but I have never heard of it doing much there ether. As it it is vet steriod its kinda hard to look that item up.

For a first cycle yes EQ is fine but Test is probably better. And your going to have to do a full PCT what ever you do, EQ is suppresive as well. 400mg a week is on the low side though, reread the first post.
Skye - please explain how you can assert both of the comments in bold face.

suppress test and you're likely to impact libido.

the utter lack of EQ-only cycles is why you dont hear about libido loss. almost EVERYONE runs it with test.

(i think "max32" on some board has run EQ-only cycles. i forget if he mentioned any libido loss)

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established

What are your stats? that would help a lot.
For those who do wish to run Boldenone as a base, how do you feel about adding something like pheraplex/ergomax for the first 4 weeks?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
10 weeks isn't long enough for eq

93kg is roughly 205lbs ... at 20%bf you have 163lbs of LBM .. to gain 10 pounds and drop 8%bf you'd have 190lbs of LBM
there is NO WAY you're going to gain 27lbs of LBM in 10 weeks ... especially with a mild steriod like eq .. its just basically impossible

to be honest at 205 with such a high bf % you're better off getting your diet nailed down and perfecting your training

anyway like i said 10 weeks of eq isn't really long enough
what he said

Quigs, I have no idea. I haven't kept up with the designer types much at all. you would do better to ask some one that is up on those.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established

the utter lack of EQ-only cycles is why you dont hear about libido loss. almost EVERYONE runs it with test.

(i think "max32" on some board has run EQ-only cycles. i forget if he mentioned any libido loss)
I really wish you would think before you post, running any kind test will suppress you but you will have increased libido while running it. Same thing with dbol. Its after you come off that you notice your own test is suppressed. I have ran EQ alone, I know a coulpe of people that run it alone and there have been no problems to date. It is suppose to help in fact but I haven't seen or noticed anything like that ether.

bodysculpt

Awards

this is beyond me, i definately cant add any input but at the risk of making a fool of myself (which im about to do) doesnt more test mean more suppression? the addition of Test would help during cycle but after wouldnt you shut down harder, althogh.. you'd have PCT so it wouldnt matter? so are you guys saying at least a little Test during cycle as eq being a very low dosage and the fact that if there was suppression during cycle you wouldnt be able to do anything about it UNLESS you had additional Test...? had to explain that in dummies for my own very limited understanding,.. am i on the right track or way off?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
what he said

Quigs, I have no idea. I haven't kept up with the designer types much at all. you would do better to ask some one that is up on those.
I was just thinking that with the fairly low androgenic profile of EQ, that the highly androgenic phera/ergo would make a nice compliment to start off. EQ may also help with the bloat that many have experienced while using the DMT products. Also, with the length of time that it takes boldenone to kick in...a quick acting phera/ergo would be nice to get the cycle started.

I was also thinking, since boldenone has little/no affinity for the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme and therefore no significant DHT conversion, that a cycle with a boldenone base may be ideal for those with prostate issues (or a family history of prostate problems). Studies done on males who lack 5-alpha-reductase seem to show no prostate problems.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I really wish you would think before you post, running any kind test will suppress you but you will have increased libido while running it. Same thing with dbol. Its after you come off that you notice your own test is suppressed. I have ran EQ alone, I know a coulpe of people that run it alone and there have been no problems to date. It is suppose to help in fact but I haven't seen or noticed anything like that ether.
and i wish you'd READ what i wrote before you respond.

i know exogenous test is suppressive. and NO, you can notice that you are suppressed DURING a cycle if your libido drops and you have testicular atrophy. i wont condescend - this is basic knowledge that i'm sure you know, despite having asserted the contrary in your post.

my point was this: with the very few number of people who have run EQ only, it's hard to gage the suppressiveness of EQ, as the test is there to keep libido going and will cause the shrinkage, so it's hard to pinpoint how much shrinkage (aka suppression) is coming from the EQ.

if you ask me, any steroid use for 14-16 weeks will keep you from snapping back to regular endogenous test in a couple weeks.

and quigs - EQ would indeed be a good choice for anyone with prostate/MPB concerns, but not because of low DHT conversion - EQ will NOT turn into DHT, it turns into dehydroboldenone, aka 1-Test when reduced by 5AR, which is a pretty androgenic steroid and emprirically, hard on hairlines.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
inif you ask me, any steroid use for 14-16 weeks will keep you from snapping back to regular endogenous test in a couple weeks.
have you done longer cycles? mine are usually in the 20 week range and my test levels are always back to normal after 4-6 weeks of PCT

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
have you done longer cycles? mine are usually in the 20 week range and my test levels are always back to normal after 4-6 weeks of PCT
current cycle is going into week...um...24, but i run HCG and my balls are happily full. i expect to recover in 6 weeks, but one never knows (cycle is test/EQ "et cetera")

my point is that a person running an EQ-only cycle will still be suppressed, such that they need to run a full PCT afterwards, like any other cycle. i didnt like the (possible?) implication that a 16-week EQ cycle wouldnt suppress you (not saying it will shut you down the way test or deca does, which is virtually completely, but it will suppress in a way, i'd expect, like primo)

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i don't think anyone was saying EQ won't shut you down .. and i know skye was not saying that and certainly didn't mean to imply EQ would not shut you down

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i don't think anyone was saying EQ won't shut you down .. and i know skye was not saying that and certainly didn't mean to imply EQ would not shut you down
ok, cool.

Skye - what is the basis for "in theory, EQ should help libido."?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I was doing some research and going through some old posts and thought this one was worthy of a bump!

preston25

Awards
As an endurance athlete ive heard that equipoise is a good choice. My understanding is that it boosts red blood cell count. Does anyone have any info to support this. Also, which strain?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
As an endurance athlete ive heard that equipoise is a good choice. My understanding is that it boosts red blood cell count. Does anyone have any info to support this. Also, which strain?
Many anabolic steroids including EQ increase RBC count. One thing to consider with EQ is the possibility of painfull pumps. Can make it quite counter productive to endurance goals.

preston25

Awards
I noticed this with igf-1lr3. But a lot of guys seem to be using this in my sport. Does igf-1 create less of a pump than the lr3 version. So the equi. may not be the best choice, but its sides are few. What about a low dose test prop?

preston25

Awards
is dhea good for pct. ive been taking it simply as a suppliment for quite some time with great results. ive been taking 100-150mg daily.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Search DHEA + Dr. D - you'll finde a treasure trove of info from the man.

jamesb2525

jamesb2525

Awards
Ouch is right… bold prop is nasty… for me.

I’ve run EQ alone with no libido problems at all.. then again – I am a stallion
What do you think would be better a 10 weeker of EQ at 600mg or a 12 weeker at 450mg and what do you think gains would be like? I was also thinking of pulsing superdrol for the first 6-8 weeks figured I would ask someone who has done an EQ cycle only because most people haven’t