Some simple questions regarding Ashwagandha

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Just some simple quick questions.

- Does Ashwagandha KSM-66 react negatively with any of these supplements?

Fish Oils, Now Adam (Multi), Creatine Mono, Forskolin 95, Bloodshred Raw, or Anabeta Elite.

- Is there any suggested advice for timing/dosing of Ash in relation to time of day of meal timing? Seems dosing KSM-66 @ 300mg x2 daily, once upon waking and once before last meal of the day could be optimal?

- If I begin to take Reduce XT, would the "cortisol control" effects of both be detrimental or would it be safe/effective to run them both.

Thanks!

IronT

Awards
1. Nope, you're fine with those.

2. I like 2x per day 300mg, but as for specific timing I would just split it before times when you might be more stressed/wish to reduce stress such as before work and before bed, respectively. Overall it shouldn't matter much.

3. These natural cortisol control supplements won't crash your levels to worrisome levels, provided that you don't have low cortisol already due to some condition, even if stacked. You're most likely fine.

Reactions: Em3

Em3

Awards
  • First Up Vote
1. Nope, you're fine with those.

2. I like 2x per day 300mg, but as for specific timing I would just split it before times when you might be more stressed/wish to reduce stress such as before work and before bed, respectively. Overall it shouldn't matter much.

3. These natural cortisol control supplements won't crash your levels to worrisome levels, provided that you don't have low cortisol already due to some condition, even if stacked. You're most likely fine.
Hate making a post just to say two words so I'm writing this unnecessary text to say,

Thank you.

lol

TxHomeGrown

Awards
You're fine in regards to potential conflicts.

Dosing will be dependent on you brosef. Don't underestimate KSM-66, **** can be potent if it hits you.

Some people swear by 2 a day, I tried 2 and it made me a lazy ass. I switched to 1 at night and it was much better. You'll just have to see what group you're in.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Isn't cortisol higher in the morning, so wouldn't morning dosing be the best?

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
personally i didnt like ash .I found it calmed me too much .Im quite laid back anyway so it worked in a negative way for me.

IronT

Awards
Isn't cortisol higher in the morning, so wouldn't morning dosing be the best?
Cortisol is higher in the morning, yes, but you need to remember that cortisol is made by your body at that time for a reason. Believe it or not, cortisol is incredibly important, and plays a vital role in waking you up in the morning. It's really not the bad guy that BBers sometimes make it out to be.

That being said, it won't crush cortisol levels either, so that doesn't mean dosing in the morning is necessarily a bad idea, particularly if one experiences anxiety attacks earlier in the day (such as myself).

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Cortisol is higher in the morning, yes, but you need to remember that cortisol is made by your body at that time for a reason. Believe it or not, cortisol is incredibly important, and plays a vital role in waking you up in the morning. It's really not the bad guy that BBers sometimes make it out to be.

That being said, it won't crush cortisol levels either, so that doesn't mean dosing in the morning is necessarily a bad idea, particularly if one experiences anxiety attacks earlier in the day (such as myself).
I understand, my question was, isn't it better to dose in the morning than before bed, or does matter for cortisol?

Sorry, I might not have formulated my question the right way.

Rikrodgers

Rikrodgers

Awards
Personally I use 300mg of KSM-66 2x per day; the first within an hour of getting up and the second when I get back from work at 6/7pm, regardless of a training day or not (I train at 6:30am in the week).
This dosing regimen works for me and totally helps with my overall rage/anxiety, etc.