Some doubts about ashwagandha

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

I’m considering starting a trial with ashwgandha (KSM-66) for handling mild anxiety, worrying and overthinking/rumination. I hope it helps also with focus and brain fog issues.

I’ve seen some experiences of people getting **gyno** after extended usage. Is it a real risk?
I’ve taken bloodworks and except for low Vit D and luteinizing hormone (LH), the other hormones are in range.

In order to prevent this potential side effect should I stack ash with an anti-aromatase and/or P-5-P, to prevent prolactin or estrogen raises?

Thanks for your help, as always!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi guys,

I’m considering starting a trial with ashwgandha (KSM-66) for handling mild anxiety, worrying and overthinking/rumination. I hope it helps also with focus and brain fog issues.

I’ve seen some experiences of people getting **gyno** after extended usage. Is it a real risk?
I’ve taken bloodworks and except for low Vit D and luteinizing hormone (LH), the other hormones are in range.

In order to prevent this potential side effect should I stack ash with an anti-aromatase and/or P-5-P, to prevent prolactin or estrogen raises?

I have taken three types of Ash now. KSM66, Sensoril, and now taking Shoden. I am very gyno sensitive, and Ash does not aggregate gyno or cause it to grow in me. I've taken upwards to over a gram of both KSM and Sensoril a day, with no issues. You may want to pick up P5P just for the benefits, and take 25 mg with zinc and magnesium before bed, and 25mg upon waking. I wouldn't worry about getting an AI, or expecting gyno, as you most likely will not experience any negative side effects.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I have taken three types of Ash now. KSM66, Sensoril, and now taking Shoden. I am very gyno sensitive, and Ash does not aggregate gyno or cause it to grow in me. I've taken upwards to over a gram of both KSM and Sensoril a day, with no issues. You may want to pick up P5P just for the benefits, and take 25 mg with zinc and magnesium before bed, and 25mg upon waking. I wouldn't worry about getting an AI, or expecting gyno, as you most likely will not experience any negative side effects.
thanks man, very interesting.

Have you ever experienced loss of motivation or anhedonia with ash?

Regarding interactions, I was wondering if I could combine ash with nigella sativa (black seed oil) in the future?
It seems that BSO could help with quite everything, in particular with hay fever and immune response modulation (I have an autoimmune disease). Don't know BSO interactions with aswagandha and whether it affects libido and/or testerone.

Thanks man

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
thanks man, very interesting.

Have you ever experienced loss of motivation or anhedonia with ash?

Regarding interactions, I was wondering if I could combine ash with nigella sativa (black seed oil) in the future?
It seems that BSO could help with quite everything, in particular with hay fever and immune response modulation (I have an autoimmune disease). Don't know BSO interactions with aswagandha and whether it affects libido and/or testerone.

Thanks man
Nope, have not experienced a loss of motivation with Ash. Perhaps the people that do experience negative side effects have very low cortisol production? No loss of motivation or libido for me.

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Nope, have not experienced a loss of motivation with Ash. Perhaps the people that do experience negative side effects have very low cortisol production? No loss of motivation or libido for me.
Thanks man, do you have any experience in combining ashwagandha with black seed oil, sulbutiamine or other supplements?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man, do you have any experience in combining ashwagandha with black seed oil, sulbutiamine or other supplements?
No, never used those, but I don't suspect any negative interactions.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hi guys,

might i suggest putting on your best headphones and listening to dark side of the moon, best cure for anxiety ever.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you have hesitations with ksm opt for rhodiola with at least 3% rosavin and 1-2% salidroside

faxmulder

Awards
  • First Up Vote
If you have hesitations with ksm opt for rhodiola with at least 3% rosavin and 1-2% salidroside
Thanks man, does Rhodiola affect testosterone and/or libido? Do you think that it could also be possibile to combine ash and Rhodiola?

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks man, does Rhodiola affect testosterone and/or libido? Do you think that it could also be possibile to combine ash and Rhodiola?
Sure. I’m sure there’s products out there that do this already.
Ashwaganda doesn’t really have the side effects you mentioned. It’s more of a thing where, if it doesn’t mesh with you, you’ll notice it immediately.

Currently I love the Nooghanda in Alpha Pump. Not sure how I came to love it, used to hate Swanson ashwaganda and Sensoril based on taking too high of a dose.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t noticed any difference in my Libido from rhodiola. Yeah, you could use both. I personally preferred sensoril over ksm-66. The higher % withanolides and whole plant worked better for me- didn’t notice anything from the ksm.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven’t noticed any difference in my Libido from rhodiola. Yeah, you could use both. I personally preferred sensoril over ksm-66. The higher % withanolides and whole plant worked better for me- didn’t notice anything from the ksm.