Solution to Obama's Deficit Reduction Failure - Would This Work?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Everyone knows all too well by this point that President Obama promised to cut the deficit in half during his first term. The results are in; and it has been an epic failure. So, although President Obama promised to make the "tough choices necessary to restore fiscal discipline, cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term in office, and put our nation on sound fiscal footing.", and it seems he fell just a bit shy.

Not wanting to take anyone else’s word for it, I have performed an analysis on my own, employing own math skills (and I had to do some of that "this number goesinta that number" type of thing), and here are the results:

1. At the outset of the Obama Presidency, it is generally accepted that the deficit was approximately $10,000,000,000,000; and

2. At the current time, it is generally accepted that the deficit is approximately $16,000,000,000,000; and

3. President Obama committed to cutting the deficit by half (note to self, you need to divide the original (starting) deficit number by two); and

4. $10,000,000,000,000 divided by two does not equal $16,000,000,000,000; and

5. Based on President Obama's promise to reduce the deficit by 1/2, had President Obama accomplished this, the deficit would now be $5,000,000,000,000; and

6. $5,000,000,000,000 does not equal $16,000,000,000,000; and

7. $16,000,000,000,000 is over three times as much as $5,000,000,000,000 and 1.6 times as much as $10,000,000,000,000; and

8. Neither “over three times as much” or “1.6 times as much” equals one half (1/2).

(Wow, this math stuff has been sort of hard, I'm going to need to take a break to sharpen my pencils).

So here is my question. If President Obama followed all of the steps outlined below, would it help get him out of this dilemma?

Steps to Possible Solution:
1. Have Attorney General Eric Holder send out an internal communication (sort of like they did with "Fast and Furious") regarding his observation that President Obama never made any attempt whatsoever to reduce the deficit by one half, and state that he (Attorney General Eric Holder) has details that indicate it would have been impossible for President Obama to do so, even though both Attorney General Eric Holder and President Obama would then (and also) claim President Obama was never informed about the economy or the deficit, that the two have never discussed the economy or deficit; and then

2. Attorney General Eric Holder sometime later rescinds the internal communication (similar to what they did with “Fast and Furious”); and then

3. President Obama asserts executive privilege over the documents Attorney General Eric Holder says he has regarding the deficit, even though he and President Obama have already claimed that President Obama was never informed about the economy or deficit, that the two have never discussed the economy or deficit; and then

4. President Obama says he get got confused, stating he thought "this economy stuff" was about "cleaning up the air, reducing carbon footprint, and that Green Peace crap"; and then

5. President Obama disclaims any knowledge at all about the economy or deficit; and specifically claims it was Bush, not Obama, who promised reduce the deficit by one half; and then

6. President Obama holds a press conference in the Rose Garden and claims if he had a son, it would look just like Attorney General Eric Holder.

I think it will work.

Your thoughts?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It all starts with stabilizing our currency, auditing the Federal Reserve and then nationalizing or ending it.

A recent tiny partial audit after a very long fight revealed 16 trillion dollars in secret bailouts and overseas transactions which the Federal Reserve refuses to detail and disclose.

Also add in the Federal Reserve just launched a infinite bailout with Qe3 so basically they are printing money out of thin air and devaluing our currency.

Obama's refuses to address the Federal Reserve issue and wants to grant this private bank even more powers so basically we are all screwed.

Romney wont be any different.

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It starts with Americans deciding they want to reduce the national debt. It's just something we pay lip service to. It didn't stop us from re-electing Reagan or Bush and it won't be the reason for this presidential victory. Since the birth of the nation we have argued about the national debt and how much we can sustain. Romney's solution is magic and growing the military because God knows we don't spend enough money on defense. Obama doesn't care about it that much is obvious. You either have to raise taxes or cut spending, and neither of those are popular with Americans.

We have to decide we actually want to reduce it, not just talk about reducing it.

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lets sell a few states and make some money...lets sell Hawaii and Alaska to Japan and Maine to Canada :)

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It starts with Americans deciding they want to reduce the national debt. It's just something we pay lip service to. It didn't stop us from re-electing Reagan or Bush and it won't be the reason for this presidential victory. Since the birth of the nation we have argued about the national debt and how much we can sustain. Romney's solution is magic and growing the military because God knows we don't spend enough money on defense. Obama doesn't care about it that much is obvious. You either have to raise taxes or cut spending, and neither of those are popular with Americans.

We have to decide we actually want to reduce it, not just talk about reducing it.
Once you start giving the voters "things" such as free cell phones, the only way to change their vote is either give them more or when the country collapses they will realize their mistakes.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Once you start giving the voters "things" such as free cell phones, the only way to change their vote is either give them more or when the country collapses they will realize their mistakes.
Agreed. Never underestimate the stupidity of human beings.

D3Baseball

Awards
I didn't bother reading once you made it clear that you didn't know the difference between debt and deficit