Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Several years ago I started buying only Bamboo Underwear (I know TMI) and I love it. I need to purchase new socks and I have always bought Cotton, but it got me thinking :unsure: Is there something better, Bambas, Bamboo, Alpaca? Thoughts ???????????????? 🧦

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why do you like bamboo underwear?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Always cool, soft and they seen to wick away moisture (sweat) so much more comfortable than the cotton one I wore for 55 years !!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Or better yet, what is bamboo underwear lol. I actually just did a quick search, very good reviews across the board, men and women. I just buy cotton socks, there always a little too tight on my ankles regardless of the brand

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I feel like I go through socks so fast either from destroying them or the washing machine charging the sock tax, that I just get whatever cheapest ones I usually can on amazon or like a khols or something but I'd definitely be up for trying something new if it wasn't crazy expensive.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Always cool, soft and they seen to wick away moisture (sweat) so much more comfortable than the cotton one I wore for 55 years !!
I may try that this time.
I've got several types of underwear ... But usually only wear my favorite of the three. ... And they're worn out!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Or better yet, what is bamboo underwear lol. I actually just did a quick search, very good reviews across the board, men and women. I just buy cotton socks, there always a little too tight on my ankles regardless of the brand
The first thing I do before I wear new socks, is (using 2 hands) I stretch out the ankle.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I may try that this time.
I've got several types of underwear ... But usually only wear my favorite of the three. ... And they're worn out!
I'm so OCD about it I tried some new boxer briefs on amazon to decide if I liked them or not... I did, so I immediately ordered like 2 more 5 packs or something like that and when I decided I had enough I threw away every other pair I had lol.

occasionally I do the same with dress socks and under shirts. my undershirts get destroyed by it keeps my nice work shirts looking good for years.

The first thing I do before I wear new socks, is (using 2 hands) I stretch out the ankle.
might be why I keep poking holes in mine lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm so OCD about it I tried some new boxer briefs on amazon to decide if I liked them or not... I did, so I immediately ordered like 2 more 5 packs or something like that and when I decided I had enough I threw away every other pair I had lol.

occasionally I do the same with dress socks and under shirts. my undershirts get destroyed by it keeps my nice work shirts looking good for years.

might be why I keep poking holes in mine lol
LOL. Yep.
These happen to be cotton (which is now just falling apart).
I'd buy more of the same, but they quit making this brand.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'd buy more of the same, but they quit making this brand.
so I had some puma or under armor socks (both at one point).. went to amazon to "order again" and the price went from like $12 to $40 for a 6 pack or whatever of gym socks. I noped out and tried something new lol.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do too sometimes. It works better on some brands then others. Recently grabbed a 6 pack of champion brand socks, tightest ankles ever, I accidentally snapped a few stitches taking them off. Don't recommend lol

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I do too sometimes. It works better on some brands then others. Recently grabbed a 6 pack of champion brand socks, tightest ankles ever, I accidentally snapped a few stitches taking them off. Don't recommend lol
Some of the better brands are actually more difficult to do this with.
For me, either way it's happening.
Whether I end up snapping stitches or not, it is more important for me to have ankle comfort/circulation.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
with a great pair of shoes there are those days (like say bench day) where I'd almost rather not even have socks on but I sweat so damn much I'd ruin the shoes in an hour

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can not wear shoes with out socks !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Got both of these in the mail to try, I am not impressed with the Bombas they seen just like a good pair of Haines for a lot more money. I do like and admire there business model !

Pacas, very soft and comfortable. Worth the extra ?? Jury Still Out ?

Anyone ever try Bamboo Socks ? Did you like them ? Brand ?Bombas.jpgPacas.jpg