So how about Rhabdo just screwed up my summer cut. But I want to jump right back in.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I was on week 5 of a test/dmz/11kt cut for summer, then at work I started feeling like I couldn't breathe and got really confused and couldnt understand what people were saying to me. People from work wanted to call 911 but I just told them to call my inlaws to come and get me and maybe I should just lie down. About 6 hours later I finally said I need to go to the hospital. Got there and my BP was 170/78 resting pulse rate was 128, CPK was 1,300. They started me on IV fluids and within an hour my bp and pulse rate came down. They put 4 liters of fluid in me that night alone, i have no idea how I was dehydrated I drink in excess of a gallon a day easily. This was two weeks ago and I want to jump back in. Been doing cardio 20min a day and just started back with the weights, feel okay so far. I want to jump back in, still have 4 bottles of msten, 2 bottles of dmz, 20cc test, and one bottle 11kt on hand. Wasn't feeling the dmz so I'm thinking about changing that to methyldiaziranol. Anyone else ever get rhabdo on cycle or in general? And how long before you were able to go back full throttle?

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
I took a hit of Rhabdomyolysis for aprx 1 and a half year ago.
That was not a pleasant experience.
Physically it took me about around 6 weeks before I could do any serious training, but psychologially it took more than 3 months before I stop suffering from brain fog etc.
Take it easy and be safe!

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took a hit of Rhabdomyolysis for aprx 1 and a half year ago.
That was not a pleasant experience.
Physically it took me about around 6 weeks before I could do any serious training, but psychologially it took more than 3 months before I stop suffering from brain fog etc.
Take it easy and be safe!
Yes!!! I feel like my brain is fried, I lost cognition some how. And psychologically I feel like I have PTSD or something from it. It was so scary, i honestly thought I may die.

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
Yes!!! I feel like my brain is fried, I lost cognition some how. And psychologically I feel like I have PTSD or something from it. It was so scary, i honestly thought I may die.
Exactly this.
I can honestly say that it sometimes feels like I havn't recovered 100% yet. Sometimes I experience a lack of cognitive function compared with before Rhabdo.
But it could be in my imagination also...

And I was scared out of my mind when this happened. I felt the same "I'm really gonna die now"- feeling.
But, it will probably make you stronger, and smarter, in the end. Hopefully ;).

Take it slow! Don't jump into something. Let yourself recover and don't push things. You will come back. When you are ready, but not before so don't rush it.

Good luck!!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Rhabdo? What's that? i've had a similar interaction in terms of light headedness loss of fluidity and cognition, however i was on heavy stims and assumed that was the cause ( got better about a week after stopping all stims.) Could I have had that?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rhabdomyolysis is muscle death that causes kidney failure. It's not something that you bounce back from the next day.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
So OP how do you know it was Rabdo, is that what they diagnosed at the ER?

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hope you feel better.

Sometimes mid day I get really light headed and tired while driving. Like it comes on fast and the leaves.
Hope I don't have it.

Dragoninho

Awards
  • Established
I hope you feel better.

Sometimes mid day I get really light headed and tired while driving. Like it comes on fast and the leaves.
Hope I don't have it.
You don't catch Rhabdo like a flu!
It's a very serious condition which you get from a very hard muscle trauma (most of the time).

Your pee look like a coctail of rust/coke/blood and it feels like you have the WORST (!!!) D.O.M.S you probably not even felt in your whole life.

It's not like "oh, I havn't done any SQ in a month and I started up with 15 set of heavy SQ and now I barely can move". That's nothing to compare.

You know when you have it. Don't worry. ;).

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
It's a very serious condition which you get from a very hard muscle trauma (most of the time).

Your pee look like a coctail of rust/coke/blood and it feels like you have the WORST (!!!) D.O.M.S you probably not even felt in your whole life.

It's not like "oh, I havn't done any SQ in a month and I started up with 15 set of heavy SQ and now I barely can move". That's nothing to compare.

I heard you can catch rhabdo from a handshake or French kissing is that true?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards

Damn, well I seriously feel for you man, and truly hope you get better

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So OP how do you know it was Rabdo, is that what they diagnosed at the ER?
Yea, thats what the internal med resident said his concluding diagnosis was. CPK was elevated way way way above reference range, he said it was at least 7 times the max range.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Ouch, well best of luck to you. I sincerely hope you recover well man.