Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
raspberry ketones-90 caps for $5.98-great deal i couldn't pass on, but i've never used before...anyone have any experience using this?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
raspberry ketones-90 caps for $5.98-great deal i couldn't pass on, but i've never used before...anyone have any experience using this?
I’ve had exogenous ketones before. Good to take when in a fasted state, provides good clean energy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’ve had exogenous ketones before. Good to take when in a fasted state, provides good clean energy.
they are good for energy as well as fat burning? :unsure:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
More so for energy I believe. I don’t think exogenous ketones enhance fat burning.
write-up says stimulant free fat burning.....fat loss and recomposition agent

but-for the price i paid more energy is still a big win :)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

No, not a bad price at all. If it does burn fat, it’s probably via speeding up the metabolism.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think you’re mixing this up a little. Raspberry ketones are different from, for example, BHB salts. I haven’t looked into it in forever, but they’re supposed to be structurally similar to capsaicin. The closest I could find to a mechanism of action is enhancing fatty acid release from fat cells. They’re primarily meant for weight loss, was a big deal like 8 years ago after doctor Oz talked about it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think you’re mixing this up a little. Raspberry ketones are different from, for example, BHB salts. I haven’t looked into it in forever, but they’re supposed to be structurally similar to capsaicin. The closest I could find to a mechanism of action is enhancing fatty acid release from fat cells. They’re primarily meant for weight loss, was a big deal like 8 years ago after doctor Oz talked about it.
The interesting thing about Raspberry Ketones is that Dr. Oz talking about them both helped and hurt them.

A lot of companies jumped on board and started making them when Dr. Oz mentioned them but we were one of the only companies that had been making them for years before that.

Raspberry Ketones imo are a great ingredient for helping with fat burning and had been fairly popular with the knowledgeable crowd long before Dr. Oz mentioned them. The problem that happened with Dr. Oz mentioning them was the same as with the other ingredients he mentioned - his viewers thought they were going to be a miracle product and then when they don't lose 30 lbs. in a month sitting on the couch, they said they didn't work.

They're a great ingredient and great for fat loss and one of the most effective things for me in terms of appetite control. I just don't mention it much bc there used to be people that would argue about anything related to Dr. Oz and my stance on the product has zero to do with him - which is easily proven by us offering them for at least 3 years before he mentioned them haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Raspberry Ketones are one of those things that are a bit complicated to explain in the sense that they are technically stimulant free but do give some people a good clean energy feeling; not a stimmed out energy, but a feel better energy. But then some people don't experience any energy from them. So the energy part is very individualized.

For me, I think they are great for additional fat loss and great for appetite control.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Raspberry Ketones are one of those things that are a bit complicated to explain in the sense that they are technically stimulant free but do give some people a good clean energy feeling; not a stimmed out energy, but a feel better energy. But then some people don't experience any energy from them. So the energy part is very individualized.

For me, I think they are great for additional fat loss and great for appetite control.
I think I heard before, isn’t the structure somewhat similar to synephrine? You saying this made me think of that. Synephrine seems to affect people similarly from non stimulating to mildly so. Also I’ve heard a lot of people mention appetite suppression with it as well.

But I do wholeheartedly agree about Dr. Oz. I worked at GNC for a few years while he was a big deal (does anyone still keep up with him?) He was a very polarizing figure. But yeah, raspberry ketones was one of many things I’m pretty sure he directly called a miracle, but the effects were less than miraculous. One thing you didn’t mention is that after he talked about it, the market was flooded with underdosed products. From what I remember, most of what we carried at GNC was 100mg per pill.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ive taken them few times .. cheap and great to stack and works with synergy btwn the fat burners

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think I heard before, isn’t the structure somewhat similar to synephrine? You saying this made me think of that. Synephrine seems to affect people similarly from non stimulating to mildly so. Also I’ve heard a lot of people mention appetite suppression with it as well.

But I do wholeheartedly agree about Dr. Oz. I worked at GNC for a few years while he was a big deal (does anyone still keep up with him?) He was a very polarizing figure. But yeah, raspberry ketones was one of many things I’m pretty sure he directly called a miracle, but the effects were less than miraculous. One thing you didn’t mention is that after he talked about it, the market was flooded with underdosed products. From what I remember, most of what we carried at GNC was 100mg per pill.
sns product is 500mg per pill.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

looking forward to trying them....thanks!!!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Interesting, yeah, I was associating them with BHB.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
More so for energy I believe. I don’t think exogenous ketones enhance fat burning.
I always wondered, if your not in ketosis and your on a regular or high carb diet, and you took ketones, would it make you gain weight?

I mean logically your providing a extra source of energy and your not going to burn up all your carbs for energy and ketone for energy at the same time. So wouldn't something have to go into "storage" for a lack of better terms while the other energy sources getting used up???

I got no clue, it just sounds logical to me

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I always wondered, if your not in ketosis and your on a regular or high carb diet, and you took ketones, would it make you gain weight?

I mean logically your providing a extra source of energy and your not going to burn up all your carbs for energy and ketone for energy at the same time. So wouldn't something have to go into "storage" for a lack of better terms while the other energy sources getting used up???

I'm talking about the salts here, not raspberry ketones

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I don't have any experience, a long time back I only read how raspberry ketones worked on fat cells of mice in test tubes, nothing on humans or even on mice that wasn't in a test tube so I never bought into it

But for $5 it's worth a shot lol

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don't have any experience, a long time back I only read how raspberry ketones worked on fat cells of mice in test tubes, nothing on humans or even on mice that wasn't in a test tube so I never bought into it

But for $5 it's worth a shot lol
Yeah that was always my impression, but it’s been many years since I looked into it. But from what I remember, it was promising in vitro, but didn’t really pan out in actual animals.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah that was always my impression, but it’s been many years since I looked into it. But from what I remember, it was promising in vitro, but didn’t really pan out in actual animals.
I don't know if they ever actually did any animal studies. I don't remember myself.

We've had around 13 to 14 years worth of feedback on Raspberry Ketones and a few things that are consistent is that it does seem to work better for some people than others, it definitely seems to help more with people that are really tight on their diet (which I find pretty significant), and in some people including myself it is awesome for appetite control.

I think the Dr. Oz thing kind of set an unrealistic expectation with this ingredient. It's a great ingredient but nothing lives up to the hype of stuff like that that they say on shows like that.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love this product. I dose about 3 grams a day but notice a huge difference when cutting

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I love this product. I dose about 3 grams a day but notice a huge difference when cutting
I dose at 1 gram to 1.5 grams. I did do the 3 gram dose in the past and the results were awesome but it suppressed my appetite so much I couldn't get my meals in. Heck, it was hard to even drink a protein shake.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
going to start with 1 cap 1st thing in morning on empty. and 1 an hour before dinner.

Last edited:
ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I believe you are right!

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I believe you are right!
I think so lol, I just always wondered if that could be a little trick for a hard gainer to pack on some extra lbs. I also have seen ppl thinking that buying ketones will make them loose weight because they relate that word to the keto diet and they relate the keto diet to automatic weight loss. And that's what got me thinking 🤔🤔🤔 your supplying too many energy sources, it's like if you ate a bunch of meals that were loaded with carbs and fat in the same meal. You got massive amounts of each you're probably going to gain weight or at least gain body fat

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think so lol, I just always wondered if that could be a little trick for a hard gainer to pack on some extra lbs. I also have seen ppl thinking that buying ketones will make them loose weight because they relate that word to the keto diet and they relate the keto diet to automatic weight loss. And that's what got me thinking your supplying too many energy sources, it's like if you ate a bunch of meals that were loaded with carbs and fat in the same meal. You got massive amounts of each you're probably going to gain weight or at least gain body fat
Right, even with a low carb diet, one has to be conscious not to also eat too much fat, if they want to lose fat.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
2 things i have noticed-i get raspberry burps after taking, they honestly aren't that bad :).

the other thing is reduced appetite, in particular RK has curbed my carb craving. i have low blood sugar and when i go into hypo mode i tend to overcompensate with a overload of carbs for a quick fix...i've been able to keep carbs at a moderate level without my normal craving to carb binge....this is very good results, imo considering how little i paid am very happy and going to get more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
just a update:
been using 1 morning 1 evening on empty.

the appetite suppression is very noticeble, but the biggest thing i have noticed is a huge reduction in carb cravings--i see this is still in stock at dps, getting ready to order some more.