sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The nootropic section is kind of slow here so I wanted to throw a thread up and see if I could get some interaction and suggestions.

A lot of people may not know or remember, but SNS was one of the first companies to put out a true nootropic formula with the release of the original Focus XT. Of course, its been updated since then, but point being that we liked nootropics before most people knew what the word meant haha.

We're working on a couple of very high end nootropic formulas and that made me think to want to ask:

Are there any single ingredient or simple formula nootropics that anyone would like to see from us?

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
High dose salidroside/P-Tyrosol or Rhodiola crenulata extract.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
-tams...really miss SNS phenibut, but i've finally found a reliable source.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
High dose salidroside/P-Tyrosol or Rhodiola crenulata extract.
We were considering doing a 6% salidroside. The reason for thinking a 6% is that is the level where there seems to be good steady quality raw material availability and that also seems to be the cutoff where when you go above it some people start to experience some stomach discomfort or the redness/hives type sensations.

6% sound good to you?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
-tams...really miss SNS phenibut, but i've finally found a reliable source.
There are some retailers that still have it. Pm me if you need me to point you in the right direction.

There are very few suppliers I'd trust on that ingredient now bc the raw material prices went thru the roof and there are a lot of bogus raw materials going around on it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
There are some retailers that still have it. Pm me if you need me to point you in the right direction.

There are very few suppliers I'd trust on that ingredient now bc the raw material prices went thru the roof and there are a lot of bogus raw materials going around on it.
thank you...it took me several tries to find a what i hope will be consistently good supplier...i stoked up and bought enough to last for awhile for just this reason.

how about the -rams?

NutButter

NutButter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Lions mane extract from ND has always treated me very well, I'd love to see SNS release it as an single ingredient

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oxiracetam (my favorite) and Suniracetam all the only racetams I like anymore. Phenylpiracetam would be my 3rd favorite, but I don’t use it much anymore.

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Single ingredient: a quality ginkgo extract, affron saffron, magnesium taurate, and catuaba bark extract.

As far as blends, my stack is so personalized that I wouldn’t suggest it, but I may be able to think of something.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oxiracetam (my favorite) and Suniracetam all the only racetams I like anymore. Phenylpiracetam would be my 3rd favorite, but I don’t use it much anymore.
I dont exactly believe racetams are compliant, and SNS is all about compliance these days, which makes this a hard thread to answer.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
6% sound good to you?
I actually can't say. I dont have any experience past the usual 1%. I did recently pick up some rhodiola crenulata to play with, which is supposed to have naturally higher occurring levels of both salidroside and tyrosol. I'm a big rhodiola fan, but believe quality varies largely on the market.

TLDR: I'm not opposed to 6%.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I actually can't say. I dont have any experience past the usual 1%. I did recently pick up some rhodiola crenulata to play with, which is supposed to have naturally higher occurring levels of both salidroside and tyrosol. I'm a big rhodiola fan, but believe quality varies largely on the market.

Yeah, and also I believe it contains no rosavins, therefore should be a bit more uplifting and energizing

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The Sabroxy suggestion in the other thread was intriguing.

Probably not a ton of demand (maybe I am the only one who uses it haha), but any Caffeine Free Focus XT other flavors (even limited run) ever in the pipeline? I prefer to add the amount of caffeine I want (or just 1-2 scoops Energized Aminos) to it. I understand that I may be in the minority though.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
thank you...it took me several tries to find a what i hope will be consistently good supplier...i stoked up and bought enough to last for awhile for just this reason.

how about the -rams?
Just be careful on the Phenibut and who you get it from. There are a lot of raw material issues going on with it now.

Racetams aren't compliant so they aren't something we can work with.

Lions mane extract from ND has always treated me very well, I'd love to see SNS release it as an single ingredient
Thank you. I'd been thinking about doing a Lions Mane or even possibly several of the different Mushrooms.

I wish we could offer racetams but its not something we could offer under SNS.

Single ingredient: a quality ginkgo extract, affron saffron, magnesium taurate, and catuaba bark extract.

As far as blends, my stack is so personalized that I wouldn’t suggest it, but I may be able to think of something.
Ginkgo would be tough since we'd be competing with companies like NOW Foods on that. But we do have a formula we're working that will have Gingko in it.

I've gotten asked some for Magnesium Threonate but hadn't been asked for Taurate yet. Definitely open to it. Same for Catuaba if enough people are interested.

I dont exactly believe racetams are compliant, and SNS is all about compliance these days, which makes this a hard thread to answer.
You say that like its a bad thing haha.

The thing is that we do get GMP inspections and all products are ran in GMP compliant manufacturing facilities; and these types of facilities normally won't run anything now days that isn't compliant. That's why a lot of the non compliant nootropics are ran in either non GMP facilities or literally in some cases in people's homes or garages (as in the case of one nootropic site that got shut down).

BUT.... I want to hear all ideas that people would like in this thread, compliant or not. Just because we may not run and offer them doesn't necessarily mean that I don't know of someone else that may; and if they did, it would give everyone a verified quality source at a lot better pricing than I normally see available.

And there are a lot of compliant nootropics. Some examples - Centrophenoxine, Uridine, Sabroxy, Sulbutiamine, and a lot more.

I'm glad to offer a 6% if people would like.

RhodioPrime is a branded ingredient version of a 6% so the quality would be consistent.

The Sabroxy suggestion in the other thread was intriguing.

Probably not a ton of demand (maybe I am the only one who uses it haha), but any Caffeine Free Focus XT other flavors (even limited run) ever in the pipeline? I prefer to add the amount of caffeine I want (or just 1-2 scoops Energized Aminos) to it. I understand that I may be in the minority though.
I thought about Sabroxy myself but there is something confusing about it that maybe you or someone else can give an opinion on.

The clinical studies from Sabinsa on Sabroxy from what I've seen are on 500 mg. twice per day. Yet the dosages that I see ND offering and that I hear of people trying are a lot lower than that.

We have 3 new flavors of Focus XT already lined up but then I do want to add a new flavor to the Caffeine Free version. I haven't decided if it will be a flavor unique to that version or one of the flavors carried over from the regular.

I'm also considering doing a couple more cool things with Focus XT in the near future.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
PRL 8-53 was the best memory enhancer I have ever tried (12 mg sublingual) stacked with Semax was an amazing combo. Miss that stuff!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about a b complex that uses as many of the "altered/modified" b vitamins and just the active forms for the others that don't have modified forms? For example: sulbutiamine for b-1, emoxypine and/or pyritinol for b-6, etc. I'm guess you wouldn't be able to use picamilon for b-3 anymore though...

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What about a b complex that uses as many of the "altered/modified" b vitamins and just the active forms for the others that don't have modified forms? For example: sulbutiamine for b-1, emoxypine and/or pyritinol for b-6, etc. I'm guess you wouldn't be able to use picamilon for b-3 anymore though...
I like that idea. I actually considered it a few years ago but it didn't seem to be a lot of interest in it. But I'd love to do it. Some of the B vitamins have more than one form. If you have the time, I'd love to see your idea on what forms you'd like to see used.

And yeah, unfortunately Picamilon would be a no go now days.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
4’-DMA-7,8-DHF capsules
Magtein powder
Panax Ginseng Leaf Extract capsules

And a weird one, but I think would be helpful...

Oblate Discs

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
4’-DMA-7,8-DHF capsules
Magtein powder

And the a weird one, but I think would be helpful...

Oblate Discs

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Something with a great dose of Lion's Mane

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Something with a great dose of Lion's Mane
That's one I definitely want to do in the near future. We've been considering doing several individual mushrooms and also a mushroom complex formula.

Not so much here, but in general, a lot of our requests for mushrooms have been from people wanting us to offer them from Nammex; which is a particular popular supplier. I'd be curious to hear anyone's opinions.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
4’-DMA-7,8-DHF capsules
Magtein powder

And a weird one, but I think would be helpful...

Oblate Discs
I would have never thought about Oblate Discs. I appreciate the suggestion.

I had been thinking on the 4'DMA-7,8-DHF capsules myself.

For Magtein, I had been thinking of doing capsules.

Panax Ginseng Leaf Extract - any particular one? There are tons of types and different extracts available.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I would have never thought about Oblate Discs. I appreciate the suggestion.

I had been thinking on the 4'DMA-7,8-DHF capsules myself.

For Magtein, I had been thinking of doing capsules.

Panax Ginseng Leaf Extract - any particular one? There are tons of types and different extracts available.
Yeah I recently started using oblate disks for PrimaVie Shilajit powder and Panax Ginseng Leaf Extract powder. Those are two very terrible tasting powders. PrimaVie Shilajit is hands down the worse I’ve encountered. I guess I don’t know what I expected the exudate of rocks via the decomposition of plant matter to taste like.

For Ginseng, the higher the ginsenosides, the better (IMO). I’ve only really used Panax, haven’t really experimented with Korean or the others. If you wanted to go with a branded version, G115 has some literature supporting its efficacy on physical performance and cognitive functioning:

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
“Dopamine” cap blend of Tyrosine, NALT, and PEA?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Neurofactor solo caps.

Or maybe a BDNF based capsule: Lion’s Mane, Neurofactor, Sabroxy, 4 DMA 7,8 DHF, Gotu Kola, etc. Idk if stacking all of those is a great idea lol but just throwing out a suggestion

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Centrophenoxine could be a good addition if you’re building out a line of choline-based supplements

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
nooLVL solo caps?
I'm familiar with this as its basically Nitrosigine under a different name, but have never been asked for it before.

I'm open to it if people would like; and we may be using Nitrosigine down the road anyway.

“Dopamine” cap blend of Tyrosine, NALT, and PEA?
You have me curious. Please explain more of where you're going with this (either here or pm is fine).

Neurofactor solo caps.

Or maybe a BDNF based capsule: Lion’s Mane, Neurofactor, Sabroxy, 4 DMA 7,8 DHF, Gotu Kola, etc. Idk if stacking all of those is a great idea lol but just throwing out a suggestion
I thought about Neurofactor solo caps. One problem is they won't let you actually use Neurofactor in the product name so that's why I'd held back. But should be easy enough to word play off of.

3 of the 5 you list are already slated to be together in an upcoming formula :)

Centrophenoxine could be a good addition if you’re building out a line of choline-based supplements
We are looking at using it in an upcoming formula and I'd be glad to offer it as a single if enough people are interested.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There had been some brief thought about making a separate nootropic brand to showcase a lot of things but I think we're going to keep it under SNS and just do it as a series. The only confusing part of a differently labeled series is when an ingredient falls into more than 1 series, how do we label it? Which in that case, we'll make the decision on a product by product basis.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
nooLVL solo caps?
This would be interesting. Nitrosigine + extra inositol. I haven't had a chance to ever find or try this standalone, but have enjoyed a couple formulas with it.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This would be interesting. Nitrosigine + extra inositol. I haven't had a chance to ever find or try this standalone, but have enjoyed a couple formulas with it.
I'm open to offering the nooLVL if people want.

I'd also been debating on Nitrosigine caps or powder too. The reason we hadn't done that yet is that they don't let people name the product after the ingredient name; so that usually negative effects sales in the sense that people don't immediately know its Nitrosigine.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm open to offering the nooLVL if people want.

I'd also been debating on Nitrosigine caps or powder too. The reason we hadn't done that yet is that they don't let people name the product after the ingredient name; so that usually negative effects sales in the sense that people don't immediately know its Nitrosigine.
If you’re talking to Nutrition21 about nooLVL, maybe inquire if they dropped Lepidamax? I no longer see it listed on their website.I could see that ingredient having nootropic value through its adaptogenic properties. I always thought it would be great in a blend.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you’re talking to Nutrition21 about nooLVL, maybe inquire if they dropped Lepidamax? I no longer see it listed on their website.I could see that ingredient having nootropic value through its adaptogenic properties. I always thought it would be great in a blend.
They no longer offer it.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Caffeine free stimulant blend to stack with Focus XT.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Caffeine free stimulant blend to stack with Focus XT.
What do you have in mind? I'm open to it and you have my curiosity up; its just rare that anyone wants a caffeine free stim blend. I can think of a lot of options though; curious to hear your ideas first.

At first, this idea struck me as probably wouldn't be popular, but in thinking about it, it could stack with Focus XT and be useful for people that drink a lot of coffee and energy drinks that don't want more caffeine.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
At first, this idea struck me as probably wouldn't be popular, but in thinking about it, it could stack with Focus XT and be useful for people that drink a lot of coffee and energy drinks that don't want more caffeine.
Erias Jarensis
Dynamine
Rhodiola

Zynamite is a relatively newer caffeine alternative/additive on the market.

I like my stims to make me feel good if that is any help. lol

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Erias Jarensis
Dynamine
Rhodiola

Zynamite is a relatively newer caffeine alternative/additive on the market.

I like my stims to make me feel good if that is any help. lol
I like the idea of Eria Jarensis & Dynamine together.

I haven't tried Zynamite yet but that would be a good possibility.

Teacrine would also be another possibility.

I probably wouldn't do Rhodiola since we use it in some other things and I'd want people to be able to stack those with it if they'd like to.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I get very good effects from Noopept. I assume this is not compliant?
We used to make Noopept XT. I think you can still find some of the last batch available in a couple places.

The government has not been clear on Noopept. At one time, everyone seemed to think it would be pulled but since then, a lot f companies had went back to using it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Commenting for updates, would Kanna ease be considered nootropic territory? I saw it briefly and need to look into it more tomorrow but it seemed like something I could benefit from. My daily kratom intake has increased due to needing some motivation at work, I need to cut back on kratom and find something else to get me through the work day. (Started Wellbutrin a while back - gives me some better energy so I'm not tired during the day, but motivation isn't totally there)

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Commenting for updates, would Kanna ease be considered nootropic territory? I saw it briefly and need to look into it more tomorrow but it seemed like something I could benefit from. My daily kratom intake has increased due to needing some motivation at work, I need to cut back on kratom and find something else to get me through the work day. (Started Wellbutrin a while back - gives me some better energy so I'm not tired during the day, but motivation isn't totally there)
It would be a decent option. I have been enjoying 1 cap of SNS Kannaease with my morning coffee lately for some mood and energy benefits.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It would be a decent option. I have been enjoying 1 cap of SNS Kannaease with my morning coffee lately for some mood and energy benefits.
Same for me. I trypically take mine mid-late morning so the benefits are prolonged into the afternoon when I usually am running out of "nice" haha

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
KannaEase could definitely be considered a nootropic. I love it, it really helps me a lot with not feeling as overwhelmed and being able to focus thru it when things happen that would normally frustrate and overwhelm and distract me.

Here is a link to the full write up on it if you want to check it out:

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sounds like some great stuff on the way
Thanks. We have a lot of really cool products coming out. Everything from natural anabolics, the daily use ergogenic, numerous Health Series formulas, and a few nootropics.

I was hoping to hear more suggestions in this thread in terms of nootropic suggestions though.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. We have a lot of really cool products coming out. Everything from natural anabolics, the daily use ergogenic, numerous Health Series formulas, and a few nootropics.

I was hoping to hear more suggestions in this thread in terms of nootropic suggestions though.
Well, here’s my rambling thoughts….

I’m interested in the blended product with centrophenoxine. Never know how to stack that solo.

Sabroxy sounds promising and I’d definitely try that.

Zynamite also has a lot of potential. I tried it for the first time this weekend and found it to have a higher peak and longer, happier effect than Dynamine or teacrine. Azoth has good doses but the prices are too high without coupons. But keeping the dose high without using dynamine/teacrine could make a good product.

Panthergy was popular for a few years but never seemed to be well-understood. (N-methyl-pentyl -immunoglutaric acid). Seems like the mfr website disappeared and Psycho Pharma reformulated away from it. But people loved the initial batches and I still have a stash.

SantEnergy Nu is in Glaxon products. I know there’s so much in Specimen it’s hard to say what’s what but this sounded promising.

Caffeine free focus XT in alien grape flavor would be awesome.

100 mg theanine, 100 mg caffeine and 75 mg Uridine mono phosphate is a great stack for me too. But usually the pills on Amazon have 300 mg Uridine so I’m always opening the caps and pouring out. Not sure on compliance but something to consider. Without theanine though this gets too aggressive and I get a bad mood

Liftmode and chemix both have comprehensive new nootropics that I’ve wanted to try but haven’t gotten around to it. Not suggesting you copy anything, just citing examples that have genuinely intrigued me in a crowded marketplace.

Do you sell better with solo ingredients or blended products? If you could find a better stack or synergy, combined with some marketing, that could probably go a long way for you guys. It’s overwhelming to look at all these solo ingredients and figure out the best stacks