Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
GABA and GHB are they similar or are they two totally different things. Why when I take SNS GABA do I get the same flushing effects I do from Niacin or BA ? @sns8778 Thank you in advance for your help!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GABA and GHB are they similar or are they two totally different things. Why when I take SNS GABA do I get the same flushing effects I do from Niacin or BA ? @sns8778 Thank you in advance for your help!
GABA and GHB aren't similar at all; two totally different things.

I don't get any flushing with GABA myself and I'm very sensitive to it. I will not take Niacin or Beta Alanine bc of it.

And no problem at all; I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I don't get any flushing with GABA myself and I'm very sensitive to it.
Me, too. Many dosage recommendations (especially pre-bed) are 3 grams. Anything above 750 Mg gives me a shortness of breath feeling.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was reading about GHB being a Growth Hormone releaser .

"GHB A naturally occurring substance found in every cell of the body as well as the brain. It is both precursor and break down product of GABA a neurotransmitter that is involved in the regulation of the anterior pituitary gland, which secretes growth hormone."

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

"GHB A naturally occurring substance found in every cell of the body as well as the brain. It is both precursor and break down product of GABA a neurotransmitter that is involved in the regulation of the anterior pituitary gland, which secretes growth hormone."

seems like if ghb does release GH, it's probably not worth it. also if people saw that you have ghb they prob would think you're using it on other people

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

buddy i think you read that wrong. its saying the pituitary gland secretes growth hormone
edit: and whoever wrote that worded the whole thing wrong......i would think

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Me, too. Many dosage recommendations (especially pre-bed) are 3 grams. Anything above 750 Mg gives me a shortness of breath feeling.
i take 750 mg morning and night and have never had any kind of flushing either.....

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
buddy i think you read that wrong. its saying the pituitary gland secretes growth hormone
edit: and whoever wrote that worded the whole thing wrong......i would think
Growth hormone is released into the bloodstream from the anterior pituitary gland. The pituitary gland also produces other hormones that have different functions from growth hormone.

Growth hormone acts on many parts of the body to promote growth in children. Once the growth plates in the bones (epiphyses) have fused growth hormone does not increase height. In adults, it does not cause growth but it helps to maintain normal body structure and metabolism, including helping to keep blood glucose levels within set levels.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Growth hormone is released into the bloodstream from the anterior pituitary gland. The pituitary gland also produces other hormones that have different functions from growth hormone.

Growth hormone acts on many parts of the body to promote growth in children. Once the growth plates in the bones (epiphyses) have fused growth hormone does not increase height. In adults, it does not cause growth but it helps to maintain normal body structure and metabolism, including helping to keep blood glucose levels within set levels.

View attachment 211138
but i think its saying it regulates....not secretes
its saying the pituitary gland secretes growth hormone. ghb or gaba.....are just helping to regulate it

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Rocket3015 i could be totally wrong lol thats just the way i took it :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GHB is now days associated with being a date rape drug.

However, back in the early 90's GHB was still legal and commonly used as a sleep and mood enhancer and many bodybuilders used it and thought of it as a growth hormone releaser/enhancer. At that time though, it hadn't yet become associated with being used as a date rape drug.

Since that time, it has been banned and scheduled as a controlled substance and will get you major jail time.

-----------------------

As for GABA, GABA has long been thought of as a natural GH releaser/enhancer and this subject has been argued about a lot and a lot of the hardcore bodybuilding crowd, and especially anabolic users, have of course talked about how GABA isn't effective for that.

The honest key to the argument/debate is context:
  • Is GABA a natural GH releaser/enhancer? Yes, it is.
  • Is GABA strong enough or does it work well enough for the hardcore anabolic users to be happy with it in that regards? No, it doesn't for most of them.
  • Does GABA work well enough in that regard for the general health consumer to notice an improved sense of well-being and some other subtle consistent benefits from it in that regards? Yes, for a lot of people, it does.
  • Does GABA have a lot of other positive benefits for a lot of people? Absolutely.
There is a huge difference between something promoting a positive GH response that is beneficial for the average person versus the hardcore bodybuilding (and especially anabolic users). GABA can also of course be beneficial for them too, but they are normally just not looking for subtle consistent benefits; they're looking for benefits more associated with injectables. However, much of the general health and fitness population isn't willing to inject anything and find GABA very beneficial.

I hope that information helps.

For me personally, I commonly use 1 gram GABA during the day on days I'm having a stressful or hard day and then use 2 to 3 grams before bedtime. I was using 3 grams but have cut back to 2 grams since I've been using Sleep Assist XT.

We also plan on doing a Sleep Shot XT product that will take some of the attributes of Sleep Assist XT and combine them with GABA and a couple more things as well. We hope to have that released by the end of Q1 of 2022.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
GHB is now days associated with being a date rape drug.

However, back in the early 90's GHB was still legal and commonly used as a sleep and mood enhancer and many bodybuilders used it and thought of it as a growth hormone releaser/enhancer. At that time though, it hadn't yet become associated with being used as a date rape drug.

Since that time, it has been banned and scheduled as a controlled substance and will get you major jail time.

-----------------------

As for GABA, GABA has long been thought of as a natural GH releaser/enhancer and this subject has been argued about a lot and a lot of the hardcore bodybuilding crowd, and especially anabolic users, have of course talked about how GABA isn't effective for that.

The honest key to the argument/debate is context:
  • Is GABA a natural GH releaser/enhancer? Yes, it is.
  • Is GABA strong enough or does it work well enough for the hardcore anabolic users to be happy with it in that regards? No, it doesn't for most of them.
  • Does GABA work well enough in that regard for the general health consumer to notice an improved sense of well-being and some other subtle consistent benefits from it in that regards? Yes, for a lot of people, it does.
  • Does GABA have a lot of other positive benefits for a lot of people? Absolutely.
There is a huge difference between something promoting a positive GH response that is beneficial for the average person versus the hardcore bodybuilding (and especially anabolic users). GABA can also of course be beneficial for them too, but they are normally just not looking for subtle consistent benefits; they're looking for benefits more associated with injectables. However, much of the general health and fitness population isn't willing to inject anything and find GABA very beneficial.

I hope that information helps.

For me personally, I commonly use 1 gram GABA during the day on days I'm having a stressful or hard day and then use 2 to 3 grams before bedtime. I was using 3 grams but have cut back to 2 grams since I've been using Sleep Assist XT.

We also plan on doing a Sleep Shot XT product that will take some of the attributes of Sleep Assist XT and combine them with GABA and a couple more things as well. We hope to have that released by the end of Q1 of 2022.
i wanted to try higher than my 1.5 gram daily gaba but wasnt sure if thats safe? thoughts on higher dosage?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i wanted to try higher than my 1.5 gram daily gaba but wasnt sure if thats safe? thoughts on higher dosage?
I have been using 3 grams a day (I just ran out) I did notice some flushing, and a feeling of being out of breath but both sides pass quickly. @sns8778 Sleep Shot XT sounds like something I would be interested in, thank you for your info on GHB I just was think the book I'm reading is from 1997 and at that time GHB may have still been legal.

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have been using 3 grams a day (I just ran out) I did notice some flushing, and a feeling of being out of breath but both sides pass quickly. @sns8778 Sleep Shot XT sounds like something I would be interested in, thank you for your info on GHB I just was think the book I'm reading is from 1997 and at that time GHB may have still been legal.
oh wow! what effects are you getting from it?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I sleep very well if I take it about one hour before bed.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's pretty common to dose up to 3 grams per day so I think you're fine at 1.5 grams.

Here's a link to the SNS GABA product page where we have the write up and info:

Here is our supplement facts and directions:

GABA-Powder-Supp-Facts.png

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
No problem at all. I'm glad to help in any way that I can.

I'm glad that you liked our GABA product. And I'll try to remember to let you know when we get close to a Sleep Shot XT release. It will have some similarities but also some differences from Sleep Assist XT caps.

And I think you're right in that since the book was from 1997, I think GHB was still legal around that time. I think that was the period right around where it was being banned and scheduled. A lot of people liked it for personal use for sleep and relaxation but a lot of people also unfortunately did, and still do, use it for terrible purposes.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Waiting for the New Year sale to reorder GABA!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Waiting for the New Year sale to reorder GABA!
I'll know for sure tomorrow when we will be getting it started. It will be within the next couple of days :)

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I had no idea SNS had GABA so I picked some off of Amazon. I was thinking this might help with some anxiety and better sleep but interesting that when I take it, I get a stimulant effect. So I did some research and it looks like people who have adult ADHD gets a stim effect while others get a calming effect. GABA can also be used for people who have a addictive nature to stims which is something people with adult ADHD thirst for. I’m thinking about cutting back on my caffeine and Bronkaid to see if GABA reduces the urge for it. Thoughts?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had no idea SNS had GABA so I picked some off of Amazon. I was thinking this might help with some anxiety and better sleep but interesting that when I take it, I get a stimulant effect. So I did some research and it looks like people who have adult ADHD gets a stim effect while others get a calming effect. GABA can also be used for people who have a addictive nature to stims which is something people with adult ADHD thirst for. I’m thinking about cutting back on my caffeine and Bronkaid to see if GABA reduces the urge for it. Thoughts?
Do you get tingles like from BA ?

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
More of a flush than BA tingles
@JKVol I get the same thing and the stimulant effect also! If I take it and wait an hour I sleep very well. I'm on tub #2. Check out post # 14 in this thread!

JKVol

JKVol

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@JKVol I get the same thing and the stimulant effect also! If I take it and wait an hour I sleep very well. I'm on tub #2. Check out post # 14 in this thread!
Actually I took some a few hours ago and I’ve really chilled out now the last 30 min.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Actually I took some a few hours ago and I’ve really chilled out now the last 30 min.
I thought I was the only "Odd Ball" it's nice to have company !!