SNS Focus Stack FocusXT Alcar and Glucuronolactone

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Tons of volume on that deadlift session! What's the snatch deadlift?
A wide grip that is used for the snatch. When used for Deadlifts it increases the ROM, TUT, and spreads tension across upper back and lats.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A wide grip that is used for the snatch. When used for Deadlifts it increases the ROM, TUT, and spreads tension across upper back and lats.
Interesting. I've never tried various grips when DL'ing.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Any tips for isolating lats or even feeling them? Its really hard for me, I don't know if its my long arms or what. I've been meaning to try the Arnold style dumbbell pullovers. Rack chins and lat pulldowns are just meh for me. When I do chins they are underhand and I pull my elbows back and that is working pretty well for me to get 30-40 reps when I do train that movement. I have nasty tendonitis when I try a pronated pullup, so until that heals up this is what I can do.
Long arms suck for just about everything but deadlifts. Strap into a lat pulldown stack, put some decent weight on there and only pull down to the top of your head or so. On the way back up, let the weight pull you off the bench a bit and let your scapula kind of release upwards. Idk if this makes sense but it's a John meadows exercise and it's been effective for me as well as others I've shown.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Long arms suck for just about everything but deadlifts. Strap into a lat pulldown stack, put some decent weight on there and only pull down to the top of your head or so. On the way back up, let the weight pull you off the bench a bit and let your scapula kind of release upwards. Idk if this makes sense but it's a John meadows exercise and it's been effective for me as well as others I've shown.
Meadows is never wrong. Love his podcasts.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
I did a mock meet yesterday. The only supps I took were bcaa and 2 caps each of glucuronolactone and ALCAR. Tried to focus on form and not the weight. Had fun, lifted a lot of plates, and had a nice little edge on focus.

Weight Wednesday morning was 237.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66eM03Nxao0

Squat
405 Good
445 Good PR!
460, eh? depth is really questionable. As a gym PR Ill take it. :)

Bench Press
245 Good
260 Good
265 pretty ugly, again as a gym PR Ill take it

Deadlift
475 Easy
505 Good PR!
515 Nope

Using second lifts only 1210 total.
Youtube editor cut my first deadlift
here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUriJajJyE

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Impressive list man. Thanks for throwing up the video. I bet NomZ will be good at critiquing form and anything along those lines... I'm not qualified haha.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Sorry for long delay. Gonna wrap this up soon.
This is actually from about a week ago, when I was still recovering from the stomach flu. Took a scoop focus xt and 2 pills ea. Gluc., and Alcar. I was in super focus mode! It works pretty good if its been awhile since you've taken it. My one criticism of the stack is I like a little more stimulant umph if that makes sense.
Glucuronolactone is pretty much gone, have a medium amount of Alcar still and a little focus. I am going to keep some focus xt servings just for when I do interviews. Wished I had it for my last interview!

Pendlay Row superset Bench Press

120x5 140x5 160x5
170x8/8/8/8/(last set 12 on rows 11 on bench press)

DB press
Tricep pushdowns
Pec Dec

Was just looking for some volume and a pump.

broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Had a phone interview so I took a scoop of focus xt. I was quick thinking and responded with a lot of enthusiasm to their questions. I did have some mind fog and stumbled over some things but that is just me normally lol. Doing a push pull meet tomorrow. Will probably take glucuronolactone and ALCAR for focus.

Reactions: mw1
broken bottle

broken bottle

Awards
Didn't take any supps for the meet. Let's get that final review though.

Focus xt:
A laser focus pre workout, that mixes easily, tastes and smells good, which is really great for focusing on form and mind muscle connections. A versatile supplement you can use for studying, school, interviews, work or whatever!

ALCAR: I can't say much about this other than I feel it has a performance enhancing effect. It is also good for your brain.

Glucuronolactone: This stuff actually surprised me. Great for focus and concentration. You can take it 3x a day and you get alot of value in the bottle. Would be good to add to a cutting stack.

My favorite dosing strategy.
2 glucur. 2 ALCAR and a scoop of focus xt preworkout. This is like a super epic focusing stack.

For all day focus 2 glucuronolactone and 1 ALCAR 3 a day.

My only criticism is that focus xt lacks some sort of stimulant to increase energy output in lifts but that is beyond the scope of what it is designed for.
I loved the products and I think SNS makes some good quality supps. that are a good value.

Reactions: mw1
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Didn't take any supps for the meet. Let's get that final review though. Focus xt: A laser focus pre workout, that mixes easily, tastes and smells good, which is really great for focusing on form and mind muscle connections. A versatile supplement you can use for studying, school, interviews, work or whatever! ALCAR: I can't say much about this other than I feel it has a performance enhancing effect. It is also good for your brain. Glucuronolactone: This stuff actually surprised me. Great for focus and concentration. You can take it 3x a day and you get alot of value in the bottle. Would be good to add to a cutting stack. My favorite dosing strategy. 2 glucur. 2 ALCAR and a scoop of focus xt preworkout. This is like a super epic focusing stack. For all day focus 2 glucuronolactone and 1 ALCAR 3 a day. My only criticism is that focus xt lacks some sort of stimulant to increase energy output in lifts but that is beyond the scope of what it is designed for. I loved the products and I think SNS makes some good quality supps. that are a good value.
We appreciate the final review man. Thanks for being thorough with it.