Snowboarder's thread!

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
For all who are boarding. This is the discussion spot!! Where's the best snowhill you've ever been to, what is the best stuff out there...

I just got myself equipped with a Burton Custom Wide:

I can't wait to try it out. Anyone experienced with this board?

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No experience with that board specifically, but I've always rocked Burton boards.

I haven't spent much time riding outside of Breck. I'd like to get to Mt. Hood and some areas in BC.

O

oxman

Awards
I got me a Ride board... But Burton Boots... The boots are SCHWEEEET!... I have been to seven spring in Penn. and to SNow Shoe in Wv... Snow Shoe is def a better place to go with friends! Bars and ****... Seven Springs go with family!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ride a burton se7en. LOVE it. a lil more flexy then the custom line. I have ridden a few customs as well though and they are great boards.

I think the best mountain out there was one I had a seasons pass to and was able to go like every day for a season cause I worked right at the mouth of the canyon leading up to it at a snowboard shop in sandy utah called ski n see.

BRIGHTON! WOOT!

Utah snow is by far the best Ive ever ridden on and from my discussions with other riders they all agree.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
btw if you got yourself a wide I hope your in a spot with plenty of POW... it will do dandy in that situation... other then that packed pow or groomed mountains it feels kinda sluggish on and wont turn as fast.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
btw if you got yourself a wide I hope your in a spot with plenty of POW... it will do dandy in that situation... other then that packed pow or groomed mountains it feels kinda sluggish on and wont turn as fast.
Well, I need a wide, just because I got big feet. My last board was a rossignol proline, and the Custom is a LOT lighter, so it's even more agile than my other one.

I love how stiff the board is. I even had to give it a break once in awhile it was biting so much!! :D Love the board!

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
I ride a burton rippy with k2 boots and bindings. I am getting a new board, boots, and bindings in the next couple weeks. anyone know any goods deals, I like to ride fast so I like the stiffer narrower boards.

I wish I lived out west. I have been out west to tahoe and steamboat springs, it was a long time ago. On the plus side, I have a couple places in snowshoe, wv. I stay on the cup run and terrain parks all day. If anyone in the area wants to stay up there I can probably hook you up at a discount.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
man I love my k2 boots! I have ones with an inner boa cable system and then can tighten the liner then I just snug the laces around it... then on the mountain if its too loose or too tight I either just turn the nob or pop it and it loosens... LOVE that system, plus a great traction system on the bottom, nice ass K2 jacket also... boots retailed for like 200 and jacket for 150 at least and luckily I was working at the shop and got em both on proform which was over 50% off. YA!!!

JJ, ya man the custom wide IS great if you got bigger feet too.

BTW it wont likely loose any of that stiffness or pop for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG time if ever. Burton makes their boards extra stiff then "pre breaks" all their boards running it through a machine that simulates a life time of wear and flexing until it gets to the point its at NOW where its still super stiff but has a nice "pop" to it. My se7en has just a lil more flex/pop though then the custom boards, as its primarily a park board.

spres444

spres444

Awards
  • Established
woot i love snowboarding. I had an 06 custom thing was pretty cool

i just got the 09 blunt shits nasty cant wait to ride it. I mostly go up to vermont, killington, stowe, mt. snow..or loon, cranmore

gonna go up a bunch this winter cuz i can fit a **** load of stuff in my chargers trunk now :-D

nofx4110

nofx4110

Awards
got my new snowboard: Burton Deuce 159 with aluminum forum bindings, testing it out in 2 days!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
YES just got at least 15 inches in the socal mountains!!! thats a BIG deal out here in the land of blown snow!

wish I had the old updates from utah of 3' over night... :(

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maaaaan I want to ride so bad! I doubt I'll be getting out this year.

I want to move to Seattle area. Relatively close to some excellent riding, good wakeboarding in the off-season, skateparks, and tons of coffee.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Seattle sounds cool. I want to learn some wakeboard one day...

M

Matt6969

Awards
  • Established
just getting into boarding i have an older sims (Fakie 158) thats all i can tell you about it. the best place i have been is Schweitzer, Idaho. i live in Montana and there are mountains everywhere around me i think that i am going to have to start getting into it.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
ah I love snowboarding. I think my favorite places have to be lake tahoe (cali/nevada_, Breckenridge, and keystone.

I have a few boards. K2, burton, and an Arbor