Snacks at night?

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
I see these ads for ice cream, cereal that is low carb? Anyone tried these? Any good for you ? Would you limit carbs at night before bed? What are you favorite snacks at night. I see healthy options so just wanting your opinion?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I don’t like going to bed with food in my stomach, so I try to avoid snacking late. But the smart pop snack sized bags are a good snack, only 100cals. Also recently learned about making protein ice cream... a banana, a scoop of protein and some yogurt in the blender. Then freeze.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There's milk, nuts, trail mix, dark chocolate, a small banana anything that you deem healthy. But try keeping it light as a heavy meal may wreak havoc with your sleep.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Cottage cheese with a little fruit is my go to pre bed..

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It is going to depend on the context of the rest of your day. If you still have room to eat more based on how much you have consumed prior then you can have something (I mean I eat my biggest meal 1-2 hours before bed every night with no issues, ymmv).

As far as options I would still look for something that has some protein to help satiate you. Some of the protein ice cream options out now can be decent choices to help curb a sweet tooth, but they still can contain a decent bit of total calories. You could also always make your own. I haven't in forever but with an ice-cream maker you can make some pretty amazing protein ice cream with milk + a good tasting powder mixed then tossed in the maker.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t like going to bed with food in my stomach, so I try to avoid snacking late. But the smart pop snack sized bags are a good snack, only 100cals. Also recently learned about making protein ice cream... a banana, a scoop of protein and some yogurt in the blender. Then freeze.
i do just banana by itself and its really good ..other then that im a sucker for brookside dark choclate and pineapple cottage cheese ( havent had it for a while ) but thats a real good snack and doesnt interrupt my stomach

WannabeBatman

WannabeBatman

Awards
As Resolve said, it’s all about context. Where are you at with your calories? Macros? How well do you respond to different macro mixes? What are your goals with regards to weight loss?, etc.

Right now I’m really digging MPA Supps ISO-Poofs thrown in a bowl with a bit of large curd, full-fat cottage and some natural peanut butter. I occasionally throw in some Stevia and cacao powder so as to satisfy my sweet tooth; plus the added benefits of extra antioxidants, and pumping up the metabolic potential is awesome.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am totally opposite. if I go to bed on a empty I aint going to sleep. I eat a small portion of lean meat like chicken or 2 boiled eggs 30-45 minutes before bed.

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
sometimes a piece of fruit, ideally an orange, or some berries

Derek Wilson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Basically, I do try to eat something light as not to make my body work hard when the natural thing to do at that time of the night will be rest. So it could be a cup of tea with a couple of biscuits or some cottage cheese with a dollop of sour cream or something along those lines.

FitAngie

FitAngie

Awards
I see these ads for ice cream, cereal that is low carb? Anyone tried these? Any good for you ? Would you limit carbs at night before bed? What are you favorite snacks at night. I see healthy options so just wanting your opinion?
You can make up a protein mug cake by adding to a microwave safe mug 1 scoop of protein powder, 2 egg whites, 1/2 tsp baking powder, about 1 Tbsp water and mix. Microwave on high for about 40sec to 1 min depending on wattage of your microwave.
Also I used to eat 1/2 cup cottage cheese with I Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter and a little water to make a consistency of peanut butter, add it in your cottage cheese, mix and eat 👌🏼

Tbow69

Awards
  • First Up Vote

Some say it gets stored as fat, some say it helps with weight loss

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's been spoken to, but my schedule at the moment is to have some slow digesting protein before bed.
Caséine or Pea based which is good as well. I also like cottage cheese, and a few dried apricots.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's been spoken to, but my schedule at the moment is to have some slow digesting protein before bed.
Caséine or Pea based which is good as well. I also like cottage cheese, and a few dried apricots.
That's my go to before bed snack is cottage cheese and some kind of fruit on top.