Smoking Weed = Back Pain

BigIron97

BigIron97

Awards
Almost every time I smoke my back hurts or it hurts the next day. I always worry about posture and I dont sit all night after I smoke. I recently got over a year+ long chronic sciatica injury with a chiropractor and massage therapists help. I've seen online some people have the same issue but no information. I've been smoking for about 9 years and just got off a 50 day break. Could the smoke inflaming my lungs and throat cause the inflammation in my body to just rise so my injury is more prevalent? I wont even take ibuprofen let alone other pills I may drink twice a month.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I told the Dr it hurts when I do "this".
The Dr said, "Then don't do that".

But seriously, smoke is harmful to the lungs. It doesn't matter what kind of smoke it is. Smoke is harmful.

Just thought I'd mention that....

Carry on .....

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's probably associated with the act of inhalation if it's hurting your back.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it making you cough? When I cough a lot it aggravates my back and sciatica. I've switched to vaporizing extracts for this reason.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Is it making you cough? When I cough a lot it aggravates my back and sciatica. I've switched to vaporizing extracts for this reason.
I should be clear... that's not the only reason. 😁😇

BigIron97

BigIron97

Awards
Yes it does so I've cut back on smoking. Taking smaller hits. A sneeze could **** me up.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes it does so I've cut back on smoking. Taking smaller hits. A sneeze could **** me up.
Maybe look into delta 8. I use it for pain management since I decided not to renew my MJM card. Works well.

Infiknite

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I feel like smoking makes you have more body awareness, can always "feel" my joints more while high. Sounds like a psychosomatic thing.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
That may be the answer. It's the only medication I use so I've got to find a better way. No ibuprofen or anything other than herbs and supplements.
1. Get some primatene and take it about 30 minutes before a long hot shower. You'll probably cough up some nasty ****! 🤧

2. PM me your address and I'll send you some Helios to try.

3. Going forward, try to find ways to medicate that don't crud up your lungs so much. I assume you're using a typical bong or bowl as it stands?

Oswizle

Awards
Buy weed thats not tainted with pesticides/fungicides/plant growth regulators aka hormones....

Too many people puff on weed thats just disgusting and never know it

BigIron97

BigIron97

Awards
1. Get some primatene and take it about 30 minutes before a long hot shower. You'll probably cough up some nasty ****! 🤧

3. Going forward, try to find ways to medicate that don't crud up your lungs so much. I assume you're using a typical bong or bowl as it stands?

I've never heard of primatene before. Is it just a quicker way to clear the lungs? Helios? I do need to switch to edibles.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've never heard of primatene before. Is it just a quicker way to clear the lungs? Helios? I do need to switch to edibles.
Primatene is a bronchodilator and expectorant: it will open the airways and stimulate the mechanisms in your lungs that make you cough out obstructions. You need to go to the pharmacy counter to ask for it and you'll need to show an ID and solemnly swear that you're not going to try to make meth out of it.

Helios is a topical/transdermal curcumin metabolite. It should help the back pain and sciatica. I make it and use it for this purpose myself.

I've tried edibles myself and they can be good for pain but they tend to either do nothing for me or knock me out completely. I think if you get your back calmed down, clear out your lungs and switch to vaping you'll probably be best off.

Uncle_E

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have scoliosis and regularly use it to treat the various pains associated with it as well as aid in sleep. I also have asthma and I personally feel that it helps reduce inflammation in my lungs and help me clear them out - incredibly counterintuitive to anyone that doesn’t have breathing issues and never tried it.

I don’t think it’s the weed causing the pain or the inflammation- I just don’t see how it would chemically.

I have two theories for you:
1 - It is suppressing your CNS and relaxing your muscles. You can notice people heavily under the influence, their shoulders sag and their eyelids look so heavy - maybe this effect is causing your muscles to ‘sag’ out of alignment and mess up your posture enough to cause the pain.

2 - Everyone has at one point and woke up with a sore neck that last for hours from sleeping in the wrong position or with a bad pillow. Perhaps it is sedating you so much, you’re deeply sleeping in a bad position for too long. You wake up in pain from basically holding a painfully stretch for hours.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I find delta edibles to be super potent and a more pleasant high than standard ones
Those would be "legal"(ish) right? Are you ordering them somewhere or still getting them from a disp or what?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Those would be "legal"(ish) right? Are you ordering them somewhere or still getting them from a disp or what?
I get mine locally, but if you need to get. Plane Jane cbd is decent or hempire vapes.