Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
3/5

Performax SlinMax FINAL REVIEW:

Over the last month (just under) I have dosed the a wide variety of ways and with a wide variety of meal timings, macro breakdowns, and pretty much anything else you can try.

Pump- this was the one area I was most disappointed. I say this to be taken with a grain of salt as I've been having trouble achieving a great pump as of late, but had high hopes this would help. Regardless of the timing, carb consumption, etc there was little to no noticeable increase in pumps while taking this. 1/10

Bloat reduction- another key area for me and this was just ok. I did have some bloat reduction during some of my "blowout" or "cheat" meals but it was not always to the extent that I wanted and also seemed to take awhile to kick in as the first few weeks this was even less useful. By the end things had improved though so I would say that continued dosing is necessary to help here. 6/10

Fullness- this was once again non existent. At no point during the dosing did I look or feel "fuller" or "tighter". There was some noticeable increased vascularity (both in and out of the gym) which was surprising due to the lack of fullness. 5/10

Nutrient partitioning- over the last few weeks weight and body comp seem to have stayed right about where they were. There have been a few cheat days and even a weekend in there but overall calories have been pretty controlled. This may have had some impact on helping to maintain, but I have to credit most of this to the diet on the "In between" days. There is certainly no improvement in body comp. 5/10

Sides/negatives- even when dosing fasted and not eating for 12+ hours on a few occasions I never had any signs of low blood sugar. There were no negatives however which was a plus here. No diarrhea or anything like that that is often present in these types of supps. Only other noticeable effect was the stinky urine from the na-r-ala.

Overall- I have ranked my top 3 previous gda's as such: 1) recompadrol- best overall, great bloat reduction and decent pumps and fullness 2) AP- average bloat reduction, insane pumps and fullness 3) glycophase- decent bloat reduction, average pumps, limited fullness.

With that said, I would rank SlinMax right about equal with glycophase. For me, it was just ok. Much of what I had hoped to see came on slowly and some things never showed at all. The biggest issue that I had with this was the fact that many of the effects seemed to only come on after a longer period of dosing. As someone who issues gda's more for their acute effects, this is no good for me. For a longer term bulk or cut, this could work but the long term seemed necessary to truly benefit. With that said, this becomes a less cost effective supplement when compared to others that can be doses more acutely. Personally I would only choose this if I were planning to run it daily and over a longer (6+weeks) term. I had hoped to find the replacement for my current recompadrol, but would not consider this good enough to swap 1:1. There would need to be a more acute usefulness for it to make that claim. Overall rating 5/10.

Thanks to the guys at Performax labs for the opportunity to give this a shot!

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
iThrows Final SlinMax Review

So first I would like to give a huge shoutout to Performax labs for allowing me to sample a free bottle of their GDA and more SlinMax. To be 100% honest this may have been one of the worst logs I have ever created, mainly because so many things have come up and I have been crazy busy with school and whatnot so I have to apologize for the poorly kept log but am extremely grateful the great crew at Performax labs has stayed by my side throughout! SO lets get into this final review!

Nutrient Partitioning 5/5
So how do I know this nutrient partitioning factor worked in this supplement? Well considering it was the holidays, Christmas especially, and I ate like absolute garbage most of the time. Carbs sometimes exceeded 4-500 over that time but I never once felt bloated. Rather at the end of that time my muscles felt fuller, I ended up being 7lbs heavier than I started, and I dont look any different in the mirror. The fact that I was consuming so much food especially carbs and didnt change much or at all in the mirror means that it did a great job in the NP department. Also when taken before bed I noticed that I wake up much leaner especially if it is taken on an empty stomach, that is why I chose to take it fasted for the last couple weeks or so. I definitely preferred it that way.

Size/strength gains ? Since this isn't really a size and strength product I cant comment on what it did for me in that department. However there were some days that I trained without a whole lot of food or carbs for that matter in my system so what I can say is that it did a great job to utilize those carbs to the best of their ability. I feel that it helped my endurance considering most of the workouts I do take about an hour and a half minimum if I take shorter rest periods. Overall I will give endurance a 5/5 but unfortunately I cant comment on the size and strength gains.

Sleep/Recovery 5/5- Surprisingly, this product shined in the sleep and recovery department as well.I notice when taken fasted before bed, I dont wake up with night hungers like i usually do. This aspect does take about a week to kick in, however after that, if you are someone who wakes up to eat in the middle of the night, you wont have to worry about that anymore. That definitely helps recovery; when you get a good night. So for that reason i had to give this aspect a 5/5

Pumps ?/5 SO unfortunately I wasnt able to train for "the pump" and the only chance I received was being able to complete higher rep accessories. with that in mind, when I did carb up I did get a little pump that I actually thought was pretty funny. reason being was because I wasnt expecting any sort of pump so when it happens youre just like "oh, for me? why thank you". Because of this I cant really rate the pump factor but if I can get one based off of a few accessories I have to assume this is going to be a 5/5

Other Miscellaneous features 5/5 The fact that I was able to eat anything I want, not get fat(er), have a great nights sleep, and look and feel pumped all the time makes this an easy 5/5 I also love that it is just 4 caps per day and you can space them out anyway you want. Personally i tried it all and id have to say i love 2 caps with my biggest carb meal and 2 right before bed fasted. Without a doubt my favorite GDA i have ever taken. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will elaborate further since I feel i missed some information throughout the log i cant think of.

Again Id like to thank Performax Labs for creating such a great product. I appreciate all you guys have done for me in the past and all you continue to do! yall deserve raises!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
iThrow, would you be able to click Submit a Review at the top so it counts towards the total rating of the product?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
5/5

Performax Labs Slinmax Review:

Profile: 5/5

Performax really nailed it with this product. There are certain key ingredients that you look for in a GDA product, and Slinmax has them all. I really like that they included sufficient amounts of the ingredients too. Yout get 250mg Na-R-ALA and 750mg Agmatine per two caps. These two ingredients are some of the highest studied in nutrient partitioning and blood sugar control. The GDA complex also packs a punch. All the the ingredients are dosed with adequate amounts, and there's no filler or fluff added which is very nice to see. With a 2 cap dose, you can tell by the label that you're getting a quality product.

Effectiveness: 5/5

I felt great while taking Slinmax. I experienced great nutrient partitioning effects with this product, as well as bloating and water retention reduction. This was very helpful and beneficial after high carb meals - the bloat was almost non-existant and I could finish a carb heavy meal and still feel great. I also got great muscle fullness while using Slinmax. I felt that my body was able to utilize carbs and my muscles felt full and tight after eating and training. The pump and vacularity while using Slinmax was another great benefit. Eating carbs and getting a food pump is always incredible, no N.O. products needed! I felt full and pumped during my workouts.

Recovery: 4/5

While this product isn't specifically marketed toward recovery, I think that it goes hand in hand with nutrition and rest. With Slinmax I was able to get great sleep and recover well with a proper diet. I felt that the product help me digest food better and get the nutrients to the muscle to repair and recover faster. I also felt that I was able to sleep deeper at night and wake up more rested and feeling energized for the next day.

Dosing: 5/5

Simple and straight forward dosing. I stuck to a protocol of dosing 1 cap with meals between 30g and 50g of carbs, and 2 caps for 50g+. I felt that Slinmax gave me the flexibility to dose precisely for nutrient partitioning and GDA benefits depending on the size of the meal, and I really liked being able to tailor the dose to meet my needs. I carried 2 caps in my pocket at all times, especially during the holiday season!

Value: 5/5

The price point for Slinmax is roughly $30-35 for 120 caps, which is a great deal in my opinion. Even if you're dosing 4 caps per day, which is a lot, the bottle will last 30 days, which is fantastic for the price. Many other products sell half the quantity for the same price, so I felt that Slinmax was a great value.

Final Rating: 5/5

Slinmax is a very well rounded nutrient paritioning product that really gave me the freedom to eat more carbs and stay lean. I felt that I was able to be far more flexible with my diet while using Slinmax while not having to worry about excessive weight gain. Granted, I did overdo it a few times with my diet during this log, but for the most part Slinmax was able to keep me in check and keep me looking lean and mean, while continuing to gain size and strength. I was very pleased with this product and I would definitely recommend it!

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll post the final review both here and on the official review sub-forum once it becomes available

Price: This was in fact a sponsored log
but Slinmax can be found at 29.99 and cheaper at various online retailers. This comes out to a dollar per serving and given the profile, the product is well worth the price.

Profile: with fully disclosed amounts of ingredients which I would take in bulk, this would have to be one of the most comprehensive GDA's I have seen to date. Upon seeing 200 mg of Na-R-ALA and 750 mg of Agmatine, I knew it was something I would have to try eventually because those are currently staple supplements because of their general health benefits.

Effectiveness: In my log, I noted both food pumps as well as overall a full an vascular look in the month I used Slinmax. I was so impressed, I lined up another bottle of it to take in order to continue my run. Another thing I will note is that I look like I have leaned out quite a bit in these 5 weeks. My shoulders have became more vascular and my waist has tightened up a bit.
This is interesting mainly because two reasons: 1) I did not lose much scale weight (~1lb given normal fluctuations) and 2) no real changes were made other than slightly increasing periworkout carbohydrates.

Versatility: I like how 120 caps are the 30 servings. This give the user the ability to split doses and adjust accordingly depending on their goal and diet structure. I would personally take 2 caps first thing in the AM (on/off days) as well as 2 caps prior to my preworkout dose of HBCD's.

Side effects: With no GI issues and no nausea to note from my experience, my toilet thanks you Preformax

Overall: 4.5/5

The only reason this did not get a perfect score is because once you consider the other GDA's at a much lower price point, it begins to offset the impressive profile offered by slinmax. That being said IMHO the price will not prevent me from buying in the future

Ohhhhh and before I forget, here is a shot taken:
1st thing in the AM
fasted
Post final slinmax dose

View attachment 128656

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you all for the reviews. Glad you all enjoy it.

nfmejia0486

nfmejia0486

Awards
5/5

Performax Labs Slinmax Review:

Profile: 5/5

Performax really nailed it with this product. There are some key ingredients that you look for in a GDA product and Slinmax I've learned has them all. You get 250mg Na-R-ALA and 750mg Agmatine per two caps which I believe is the highest dose vs any other partitioner out currently.

Effectiveness: 5/5

I felt great while taking Slinmax. I experienced great nutrient partitioning effects with this product, as well as bloating and water retention reduction. This was very helpful and beneficial after high carb meals - the bloat was generally non-existant and I could have a carb heavy meal and still feel normal. I also got exceptional muscle fullness while using Slinmax. My muscles felt full and tight after eating and training. The pump and vacularity pre workout while using Slinmax was another great benefit.

Recovery: 4/5

While this product isn't specifically marketed toward recovery, I think that it goes hand in hand with nutrition and rest. With Slinmax I was able to get great sleep and recover well with a proper diet. I felt that the product help me digest food better and get the nutrients to the muscle to repair and recover faster. I also felt that I was able to sleep deeper at night and wake up more rested and feeling energized for the next day.

Dosing: 5/5

Simple and straight forward dosing. I stuck to a protocol of 4 caps a day spaced out at 1 cap with meals between 30g and 50g of carbs.

Value: 5/5

The price point for Slinmax I understand is about $35 for 120 caps/30 day supply, which is a great deal in my opinion. Most other products sell half the caps for the same price, so I felt that Slinmax was a great value.

Final Rating: 5/5

Slinmax is a very well rounded nutrient paritioning product that really gave me the freedom to eat more carbs and not fear them. I felt that I was able to be far more flexible with my diet while using Slinmax while not having to worry about excessive weight gain. I granted had cheat meals once a week in which i doubled my carb intake to 450-550 g, but still saw no bloating or water retention even on these ramp up days. While I didn't see any reduction in weight on the scale I also didn't see any increase at all.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
thank you for the review!

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
5/5

I was sent a weeks worth of Performax Labs Slinmax to sample and review. I always include a nutrient partitioner in my diet year round, as i see the way your body deals with carbohydrates to be one of the most important aspects of body composition weather you are cutting or trying to add quality mass. Slinmax proved to be one of, if not the best, nutrient partitioners I have tried to date. My breakfast is my pre workout meal and I have 30 grams of carbohydrates at this meal (one cap was all that was needed for this meal.) While using the slinmax, I never got the "sluggish" feeling you can experience from too much carbohydrate even when experimenting and pushing up my carbs pre workout. A major thing to note was by the end of the week my vascularity was dramatically increased (not only during my training, but throughout the day.) Pumps in the gym were slightly improved, nothing dramatic, but I always use a partitioner of some type. Dinner was one spot where Slinmax really shined. At dinner is where I eat the bulk of my carbs and with two slinmax dosed prior to my dinner, even the dinners I overdid it, I had no bloating (where normally I would experience some bloating) and I would wake up tight. One thing that shows how I felt about this product is the fact that before my week sample was up, I ordered a bottle of Slinmax, this had became my new number one gda/partitioner.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Glad to hear Slinmax worked well for you, great review rhoadx

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
5/5

AntM1564 was kind enough to hook me up with a solid trial amount of SlinMax by Performax labs. I am pretty well-versed with supplements, but have only tried standard ALA and chromium picolinate for GDAs.

This blend totally blows the ALA/chromium combo out of the water for bloat reduction, which is especially useful as I continue on my bulking journey. Typically, a high-carb meal will give me a food baby, as I am not a terribly large-framed guy. Dosing SlinMax an hour before these meals caused this effect to be lessened considerably. In addition, the bloated feeling of eating until one is extremely full was reduced. I likened it to the amount of reduced bloat I get from taking probiotics with the meal. I couldn't eat more, but it definitely made the same amount more comfortable to eat.

Especially in the mornings, I definitely looked drier. I was able to see cuts where I had not seen them for quite some time, especially in my lats.

In the gym, I felt a bit more, but this one is harder to gauge as I supplement additional pump-augmenters. Vascularity, however, was markedly improved over my standard results with these other products.

One thing I noticed that isn't mentioned as a benefit of these products was a marked reduction in heartburn while using it.

The only thing I can't comment on is cholesterol levels, etc. I did not have any bloods performed while running this product.

Overall, this is a great product. I will be picking some up to compare with some other GDA products. This review will be updated once I am able to make comparisons to other multi-compound GDA products.

YM123

Awards
Bought my first bottle (From New Zealand) today, took 2 caps before my 2 carb meals (pre and post training) - Must say training was intense in terms of vascularity & no signs of hypo - my goalis/have been cutting (230P, 190C, 75F)

Quick question though, does it matter when my next protein/fat meal is in comparison to when I took my last two caps? for example 2 caps at 7pm, post workout meal at 7.30 and then protein/fat meal at 8.30, or will this cause fat gain?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Bought my first bottle (From New Zealand) today, took 2 caps before my 2 carb meals (pre and post training) - Must say training was intense in terms of vascularity & no signs of hypo - my goalis/have been cutting (230P, 190C, 75F)

Quick question though, does it matter when my next protein/fat meal is in comparison to when I took my last two caps? for example 2 caps at 7pm, post workout meal at 7.30 and then protein/fat meal at 8.30, or will this cause fat gain?
Eating a protein/fat meal following a carb meal using Slinmax isn't an issue. Slinmax works to control insulin and blood sugar levels, which are impacted by the consumption of carbs. So having a protein and fat meal won't increase the rate of fat storage.

For your dosing protocol, there isn't much need to take Slinmax after your workouts. Your body is primed to take in nutrients and utilize them for muscle glycogen replenishment and protein synthesis. It doesn't hurt to take Slinmax at this time, but it would be better used for other meals, especially a preworkout meal

appollo86

appollo86

Awards
For how long can i take slinmax? Year round?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 3
Supplements 1
Supplements 8
Supplements 3
AndroRage Supplements 3