slin slane and dizzy spells

dargerak

Awards
hey i read on the label that you should not be taking slin slane on allergy meds. I take a claritin d every morning is it bad to mix the two. Also last saturday I took one pre workout at say 11 am then that sat night i had half a beer around 8 and really felt dizzy.. also had the dizziness again on weds but i didnt drink. I feel like ive taken in enough carbs when I take the product but maybe not. Just wanted to know if its bad to have a drink on the same day you take it and if its bad to be on allergy meds. I like the stuff but the dizzy spells scare me.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Slin Sane might be causing some low blood sugar levels, because if it's ingredients working in concert. I've never felt this, aside from the time when I was on injectable insulin, but it's of course possible if you're exercising hard without any blood glycogen.

dargerak

Awards
yea i goto make sure i get my carbs in.....i just want to make sure i can take claritin on it cause the label says not to take it on allergy meds...and if its ok to have a few beers on sat night after takiing it the afternoon cause i bench on saturdays.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldnt say your blood sugar levels are reaching dangerous levels, but it may have lowered your glucose levels enough, that your body is not use to it making you light headed; very normal. These otc nutrient partitioners are not strong even to push someone into a hypoglycemic crisis, hell the prescription based type 2 dibetic orals can't even for the most part. Aside from insulin, not much will push the average healthy american eating a good diet to dangerous glucose levels.

Mike

dargerak

Awards
thanks for the response i feel a little safer taking this stuff now....so does anyone have any explanation why it says not to take allergy meds with it? also is it a bad idea to have a few light beers on it on a sat night ?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No clue about the allergy meds, beers are fine on a saturday night if you drink responsibly. Think about it, slin same + beers, or what most other people do, Beers+Cigs+weed+whatever else lol.

Mike

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt say your blood sugar levels are reaching dangerous levels, but it may have lowered your glucose levels enough, that your body is not use to it making you light headed; very normal. These otc nutrient partitioners are not strong even to push someone into a hypoglycemic crisis, hell the prescription based type 2 dibetic orals can't even for the most part. Aside from insulin, not much will push the average healthy american eating a good diet to dangerous glucose levels.

Mike
Funny you should say that. I actually had some bloodwork done the other week (not specifically for blood glucose) but anyways. I was on recompadrol at the time. Took 2x in the AM with a 70g carb meal, then a few hours later took two more with a 40g carb meal. Then about an hour later I got my blood work done and my glucose level came back in the 60's, my MD was fairly concerned about it actually.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Funny you should say that. I actually had some bloodwork done the other week (not specifically for blood glucose) but anyways. I was on recompadrol at the time. Took 2x in the AM with a 70g carb meal, then a few hours later took two more with a 40g carb meal. Then about an hour later I got my blood work done and my glucose level came back in the 60's, my MD was fairly concerned about it actually.
Your MD will be 'concerned' about anything once you tell him your taking... GASP... supplements!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

(fade to black)

Seriously, it's a joke. You could be a genetically modified Richard Simmons able to climb mountains with flip flops on and no oxygen, and your doctor would still express his grave concern with a furrowed brow.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
LOL, yep. I wasn't concerned about it. Mostly because I knew exactly why, lol. I didn't tell him I knew why, I didn't feel like a lecture.

dargerak

Awards
well thanks all for posting to the thread...just for the record i think my recipe to be ok on the slin slane is I eat two packets of quaker blueberry oatmeal and have a gatorade in hand about 15 minutes later i take the slin slane an im fine through the workout. well today is saturday im still not sure about mixing it with beer so I have to decide if i want to drink or not tonite lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Did you spill the beans to him about why your levels may have been low? Just curious because i would have loved to hear his answer since recompadrol is not pharmcologically approved so it can't possibly work.

Mike

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Did you spill the beans to him about why your levels may have been low? Just curious because i would have loved to hear his answer since recompadrol is not pharmcologically approved so it can't possibly work.

Mike
I did not. I needed to do a few more fasting tests the next morning, and so I just held off on the recomp all the rest of that day, and blood glucose was one of the the things they tested again in the morning and it came back a 78 without recompadrol, which is normal. So he's pretty much oblivious to why, to him it was just an aberration, lol

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
I think it's just bad timing of your carb intake. With the beer, I've noticed I get a buzz a bit quicker with a preworkout or a repartitioner in my system.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not. I needed to do a few more fasting tests the next morning, and so I just held off on the recomp all the rest of that day, and blood glucose was one of the the things they tested again in the morning and it came back a 78 without recompadrol, which is normal. So he's pretty much oblivious to why, to him it was just an aberration, lol
Good stuff bro, glad everything worked out for ya :).

Mike